ooc [OOC, Signups Closed] Train Ride Headed West (On hold)

Ganaram Inukshuk

Heh I think that everypony here is busy Jadefire. I'll wait till somepony replies.

@Motion Spark,

You going to post my friend?

I haven't posted in quite a long time, and there's not a lot Motion can work with at the moment. I'm overdue for a post.

I'm gonna be honest with you guys, this RP is not feeling fun anymore, I rememer when we were starting, I literally avoided my responsailities to be able to respond with a proper drawing because my excitement for the developing of the story was you infinite.

Does that mean, that I want to leave? hell no! but I believe things got boring after the split and after somepony abandoning the RP for unecesary reasons. I'm losing the whole Manehattan half because I just don't care to read, don't get me wrong, I don't know what's happening to me, I know something really cool is happening with this thief and the robery but I just don't care to read. That sounds very rude, and I'm sorry :(

ok, I think I'm going to make a response, after I read what's going on because I just have no idea. We need to spice up this RP!

• Brohoof 2

I was originally going to have it that the mook who stole Rooks diary teleport to the Appleloosa train (unintentionnaly, his first words being "What the? THIS isn't Miramare...", and that would give a reason for Rook to pal along to Miramare (as Amber would horncall Jade, who'd bring up this strange pony who suddenly appeared in front of him with a book he was violently protective of).

Until I realized that the timeskip would make it infeasible.

I always thought Rook's route would take him to Miramare in the first place...

I'm gonna need Rook here to clarify and to further establish the "conspiracy"...

Plus, if you're aiming to teleport from the Manehattan train to the Appaloosa train, you'd have to be aiming for an object that's moving at 120MPH, assuming both trains are moving away from each other at 60MPH.

I know something really cool is happening with this thief and the robery but I just don't care to read. That sounds very rude, and I'm sorry

ok, I think I'm going to make a response, after I read what's going on because I just have no idea. We need to spice up this RP!

No offence taken, and I agree.

I wish I had the capability to draw at a much better rate, and more effectively at that (inb6 my wish gets corrupted), but even with my Windows 8 derptop,...

Let's put this way: 1.4GHz clock speed? Not enough for me. (I'm aiming for three times that for my OMGWTFBBQ-delayed computer build.)

I have been called out (because I wanted to) in the modding field once more (and you can tell by my new avatar), and I have been busy with writing a user's manual. (Yay, 100 pages and 22000 words.) And I've noticed the lack of activity as being a sign of everyone else being busy.

I've left reminders of what's been happening with both halves of the route, and what I plan on having for each, with the intention that we'd be able to fill in all the other gaps for what we also want to have happen.

I've been impressed by how Amber and Electrobolt managed to plan out their own little segment, whereas I felt like I did mine with Rook rather haphazardly, and at the point where things began to re-merge with the others,... There's a big delay for posting, because I have to think things through on the spot.

Here's what I have planned for the Manehattan train: The four go back to interrogate the other thug left behind (and let's be quick about it, please), and after they get their information, I'll say that the train has arrived at Manehattan, and then I'll timejump to when the four find a place to stay for the night.

If I am able to, I'd like to draw at least one scene from the Manehattan train, but as I said, actually drawing will be a challenge to do on a low-level computer (and I had already gotten another request).

Well... This split-up between the two groups is, indeed, making things a little 'boring', it seems... And I believe it was my fault since I was the one to suggest Manehatten. :(

Anyway... I had something half-planned from when the Manehatten group reached the town to when they find a place to stay (I'm assuming you're all okay with the band's old apartment being that place), like a taxi sequence or something like that. But I'm totally fine with another timeline skip somewhere there as long as the two groups can re-interact as soon as possible, either by a unicorn horn-call or literally regrouping.

Also, I'm back from my trip~

I was thinking the Manehatten groups "hobo's" their way to <wherever Appaloosa group is> on a freight train. We can RP that part out or skip forward timewise

This'd be what Rook could adds to the group. he might know somepony who works on the Frieght train to get them on...or something

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well I've got an idea for the Manehatten group. So maybe the manehatten group can get into trouble. Then they teleport to Apploosa.

I wouldn't wanna use a direct teleport to Appaloosa just yet...

I was thinking the Manehatten groups "hobo's" their way to <wherever Appaloosa group is> on a freight train. We can RP that part out or skip forward timewise

This'd be what Rook could adds to the group. he might know somepony who works on the Frieght train to get them on...or something

A more descriptive term would be "train-hopping". Could make things a bit believable. We'd need a direct route to Appaloosa (and we agreed on one), but it'd have to be faster than the passenger trains and according to SC4's traffic simulator, they'd be more or less equal, so I don't know how--

<Wrong thing. For the record, in SC4, monorail's the fastest of all rail-based transit. There's no Monorail in MLP.>

Actually, freight could be a lot more direct because it doesn't have to stop at every town, especially if the shipment is to a direct place. (Yes I like the idea.)

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

I wouldn't wanna use a direct teleport to Appaloosa just yet...

A more descriptive term would be "train-hopping". Could make things a bit believable. We'd need a direct route to Appaloosa (and we agreed on one), but it'd have to be faster than the passenger trains and according to SC4's traffic simulator, they'd be more or less equal, so I don't know how--

<Wrong thing. For the record, in SC4, monorail's the fastest of all rail-based transit. There's no Monorail in MLP.>

Actually, freight could be a lot more direct because it doesn't have to stop at every town, especially if the shipment is to a direct place.

So does my idea get a hooves up? It'd get them to the other group as fast as possible, and it's pretty believable. Plus it give's Rook something to help with, if he's the pony who gets them on the train.

Posted again. Hopefully we can get somewhere interesting before Motion loses interest.

Also, a summery of my previous post for those interested: Jade retired to the caboose (which he had apparently claimed for himself) during the timeskip. Afterwords, he opened up his saddlebag and pulled out an ancient magic scroll he had obtained, which is the reason why he's on the trip (he can't decipher it, and he's intrigued as to why his family seal is drawn in it; he's heading back to where he was born to find information about it)

On a whim, he decided to try to blindly cast the spell the scroll describes, but the spell failed. However, a gust of wind caused by the spell made the scroll blow away. He chased it through the train (the scroll trollishly slipping through cracks in the doors) until it landed in the shower room, where Jade slipped and slammed into the wall and landed in a... compromising position. Now Beat Spark and Draco are staring at him, and Draco made a gay joke.

Edited by Jadefire
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I should mention that I've taken the time to draw a few scenes from the RP. I've left them in the spoiler below.

I find that if I draw on paper, it's hundreds of times faster than drawing using Inkscape...

img-1109552-1-M7I9Rzd.jpg

With the last scene in the RP, imagine Jade on the floor, and blushing. (At least that's how I imagined it.)

-----

Post pending; Expect it sometime during this weekend.

For the Manehattan half, that's where things need to pick up. Right now the others are about to do some interrogation.

For the Appaloosa half, the boys are in the bathroom. Jade has a paper. Gem? She needs catch-up, too.

• Brohoof 1

@@Ganaram Inukshuk, Gannie, the line you used from Beat when Gem was eavesdropping the stallion's bathroom wall, was actually a thought of him, he never said that out loud.

another thing, I ask kindly, if somepony here, can make a summary of what's going on in the Manehattan train because I have no idea what's going on. I don't want to be left out or clueless about the story.

@@Ganaram Inukshuk, Gannie, the line you used from Beat when Gem was eavesdropping the stallion's bathroom wall, was actually a thought of him, he never said that out loud.

It's more hilarious if it was spoken out loud, I think.

another thing, I ask kindly, if somepony here, can make a summary of what's going on in the Manehattan train because I have no idea what's going on. I don't want to be left out or clueless about the story.

Summary (there's a shorter version at the bottom of this post):

Rook was listening to Amber talk about her backstory when he realized that his journal was missing. This freaks him out, as he is a treasure hunter and that journal contains a great deal of notes treasures and stuff. He requests the other ponies help him find it in exchange for him helping them get back on the right train.

Amber and Electro head to the train's bar, but get distracted and start geeking about video games. Meanwhile, Rook discovers his journal: it was stolen by a large and mean looking pony, who then proceeds to deck Rook in the face.

Amber and Electro run to the thugpony, but Ganaram attacks the thug with a chair, knocking him out. Rook gets up just in time for the thug's unicorn friend to steal the journal and run to the front of the train. Electro tries to tackle him, but slams his face into the wall. Electro owned count +1

Amber gets pissed and is about to chase the unicornthugpony, but gets distracted and goes to comfort Electro instead.

Rook and Ganaram chase after Unicornthugpony, tearing through the upper class train cart, knocking food carts over and starting fires (which are quickly forgotten about).

Meanwhile, Amber and Electro go about tying up Thugpony #1 so they can interrogate him when he wakes up or something, when Amber discovers that a third pony has stolen her bag, containing her expensive video game stuff. Amber accuses Electro of stealing it, but realizes that he didn't.

Meanwhile, Ganaram and Rook corner thugpony #2 in the engine room, and an epic brawl occurs. Thugpony is defeated, but teleports away with the journal.

Meanwhile, Electro and Amber track down thugpony #3 (the one who stole the video game) and chase him around. He soon drops the saddlebag and dissappears from the plot. Electro and Amber grab the video game bag and then talk to Rook and Ganaram about what happened, and the latter two explain that the journal theif got away.

With that in mind, they decide to go back and interrogate Thugpony #1, who started the mess, and that's where we are now.

TL;DR:

Rook has a journal containing valuable treasure-hunting notes, but it gets stolen by Thug 1. Ganaram knocks out Thug 1, but the journal gets stolen by his accomplace: Thug 2. Rook and Ganaram chase Thug 2 to the engine room and beat him up, but he teleports away. Electro hits his face again in the process.

Meanwhile, Amber and Electro get distracted by video games, but decides to tie up Thug #1. They get distracted again when Amber's video game gets stolen, but they get it back so no biggie. Amber and Electro talk to Ganaram and Rook, and they decide to go interrogate Thug #1 on where Thug #2 teleported to.

Edited by ~Lawful Jadefire~
  • Brohoof 3

@, great Jade, is this very accurate? just wondering. Rook's journal should be a very known rare piece of item, because Manehattan is such a high class place, you would assume the passengers of that train would be educated enough, to just not steal just because. If the journal is not that important then I feel this kind of forced.

I imagine these "thugs" as some kind of spies of some sort because that's a more sophisticated way of saying "thief". Anyways, I want to know what you guys have in mind for this side of the story.

I also would like to read the brawl part, can somepony link me to it? :) 

@, great Jade, is this very accurate? just wondering. Rook's journal should be a very known rare piece of item, because Manehattan is such a high class place, you would assume the passengers of that train would be educated enough, to just not steal just because. If the journal is not that important then I feel this kind of forced.

I imagine these "thugs" as some kind of spies of some sort because that's a more sophisticated way of saying "thief". Anyways, I want to know what you guys have in mind for this side of the story.

If I recall correctly, the journal was rather valuable, as it contains important notes on extremely valuable treasure that Rook had been hunting for. As for why the thugponies knew about it, I'm not sure. We'll have to let @AnonyPoni explain that.

Actually, I exaggerated, the brawl isn't really that epic. Either way, it is here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/35740-rp-train-ride-headed-west/?p=1074769 (Rook was hit with a coal shovel upon entering the room in an earlier post)

• Brohoof 1

First off, @, : You. Skype. Now.

If I recall correctly, the journal was rather valuable, as it contains important notes on extremely valuable treasure that Rook had been hunting for. As for why the thugponies knew about it, I'm not sure. We'll have to let @AnonyPoni explain that.

Actually, I exaggerated, the brawl isn't really that epic. Either way, it is here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/35740-rp-train-ride-headed-west/?p=1074769 (Rook was hit with a coal shovel upon entering the room in an earlier post)

And did somepony call for me? :P (sorry, I should have posted something by now). Anyway, those thugs work for some cliche bad guy who wants the treasure (which I had a great Idea for until I forgot it >..<). Rook's sorta encountered the bad guy before, but he didn't expect that those thugs worked for "mr bad guy."

They'll find out more in the interrogation interview with Thug 1
  • Brohoof 2

is there a skype thingy for the rp and I am not invited? why are you so mean? what things do you talk about? :3 

Different RP. Dont worry, we arent talking behind your back.

or are we.... mwhhahahaha!

Just some stuff for TGK, that's all. I figured he wouldn't listen to me if I talked in the TGK OOC, so I told him here.

Sorry. Back to trains.

Edited by AnonyPoni
  • Brohoof 1

is there a skype thingy for the rp and I am not invited? why are you so mean? what things do you talk about? :3 

No, we're discussing something unrelated to this RP. (specifically a different RP Anony and I ran before this one)

• Brohoof 1

hey guys

I just want to ask what's the official genre of this RP is? and it's true intentions. I ask because, we are adding pieces of story that in the end, will interconect each other into a permanent plotline. Is this was intended to be a normal trip and each one of our ponies having different adventures on each location? or a persistent storyline, that follows all of our characters into everywhere they go, and also bringing them together in the long run?

Also, I don't know how much you guys expect fighting, but that's definitelly something I would like to see XD ...how do you feel about that idea? Also can your ponies hold a fight?

I only believe that Jade, Amber, Rook, Draco and Beat can hold a decent fight. The first 3 for being naturally unicorns (Gem has a broken horn, lol) but Jade, I believe might have the strongest offensive of the 3, and Amber can use her voice changing spell to fool her rivals, or use it in creatives ways during battle. I have no idea what Rook is capable of doing but I believe that he's some sort of spellcaster.

Physically Draco is not much capable of much (I believe), but he has so many Zebra friends that gift him so many rare items, that he can fight  summoning Zebra magic at certain moments, and also he can use bizarre items that he store in his bag (such as the smoke bomb or the random squirrel). All of these are assumptions of course.

Beat is physically strong, is written in his OC page, he is fast, flexible, athletic, acrobatic and strong, he is a figthing stunts choreographer for movies, so he can hold a fight fairly well.

I don see Ganaram, or Electro going against an armored enemy or a royal guard. So I would like to hear your opinions guys.

(edited)

I just want to ask what's the official genre of this RP is? and it's true intentions. I ask because, we are adding pieces of story that in the end, will interconect each other into a permanent plotline.

. . .

Also, I don't know how much you guys expect fighting, but that's definitelly something I would like to see XD ...how do you feel about that idea? Also can your ponies hold a fight?

I had originally intended the RP to be more slice of life, but then it's evolved to be a combination of that and adventure, which I find to be okay with me.

And Ganaram would typically avoid fights, unless he's emotionally riled up. I still wouldn't count on him coming out victorious or feeling good about the fight. Gem, however, can readily defend herself if needed, but she's more defensive. (And even if she wanted to fight, her horn's busted. Poor girl...)