ooc [OOC, Signups Closed] Train Ride Headed West (On hold)

Ganaram Inukshuk

which interrogation? that's not your train, if someone needs to post ASAP it's you! you are the only one on Appalooza team that hasn't posted yet.

The Manehatten interrogation. You guys are doing that thing again where you talk a lot about posting except no one actually posts.

I'll get to posting on my end eventually. I'm just not a big fan of mindlessly wasting time if it's not going to advance anything.

we need to lit up this RP more, the Manehattan team need to move their flanks now! and reach Manehattan and do their thing there they are taking too much time to end this train segment. (we agreed that the distance from Canterlot to Manehattan was shorter in comparison from Canterlot to Appalooza, so if you train don't get Manehattan, we can't get Appalooza)

It's predicted that the Manehattan train should be at the station at night and the Appalooza train should get to the station by the next morning, right now, in RP time is probably 8:15pm (just to estimate an hour), so have your guesses.

the addition of the 2 remaining mares is a must (so we can have a total of 10 characters) so we can add something new and fresh for this RP which is drier than a desert.

I have to agree with Motion on this one, we do have to liven things up here. And the only way to do this is to progress.

I admit that I, myself, have been rather drifted away from the forums these last weeks, but that's just a phase I often go through. Lack of motivation to do anything and stuff like that... I've even got a psychologist helping me right now.

Anyway, I understand everyone's reasons not to post, and who the hell am I to rush or blame anyone. I just think that we could, from now on, keep a rhythm of, let's say, at least one post per week for each player. That way we can reach somewhere soon and have new players to join as soon as both groups reach their respective destinations.

• Brohoof 2

If the addition of two new players for the sake of livening things up is a must, then we'd have to look for someone who's devoted. I got nothing on that front.

-----

Let me fess up here:

- I've been distracted with a game because I suddenly have all the computing power I'll ever need to even play it. I have the computer I always wanted to build now.

- There has been a wave of positive distractions for me. For once, things are going right with my life. New car. Yes, a car.

- My circadian rhythm's messed up to the point where I wake up at 15:00, and my attempts at putting it back have failed.

- If you look at my sig, you'll see "My Little NAM Team: Transit Networking is Magic". There's some business I have to do still with the rest of the NAM Team (the modding team I work with over at Simtropolis-land).

- Obligatory college-related affairs, but mostly night classes and assignments that are either nowhere near due or stuff that I do already.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk
  • Brohoof 1

Well, Perhaps i should have done some more consulting with everypony here before doing that post, but I did it anyway. Besides, we needed to do that anyway to get the RP moving.

Rook isn't actually a cruel guy, it's just because of the situation they're in. Also, it's a running joke (with other stories with Rook) that he get's a bit dangerous if he doesn't drink his tea. When he does, he's extremely calm and collected

@, Anyway you should post next about how Amber goes about the interrogation. Like I suggested, you should try to be nicer to the goon, it'll probably work well. And use the fact that your character is a mare to her advantage... just sayin

I should stop talking before somepony throws a rock at me (Jadefire).

Also, just like Motion, I'm too lazy to read the whole story from the other train... anypony wanna summarize it?

Also, just like Motion, I'm too lazy to read the whole story from the other train... anypony wanna summarize it?

You haven't missed much. Starting from the time skip, Beat wakes up from having fallen asleep for a few hours, share's a moment of ho yay with Draco, then decides to head to the shower room to get washed up. Several minutes later, Draco wakes up and decides to go take a shower as well.

Meanwhile, Jade pulls out his fancy scroll and it's revealed why he's on the trip: he wants to head to Salt Lick (where his family lives) to look up information on that scroll. Jade knows nothing about it and isn't able to translate it (and he's not sure if the complicated diagrams on it is a star chart, a map of a horse's nervous system, or what.)

Anyway, Jade decides to try to cast the spell anyway. The spell fails, and a gust of conjured wind blows the scroll out of his grasp and through the crack in the door (and I choose to ignore how that would be completely impossible on board a train).

Jade chases it through a couple of train carts until it settles in on the wet floor in the shower room. Jade dives at it to stop it from getting water damaged, and collides into a wall in front of Draco. Draco makes a gay joke and Beat has another ho yay moment before he leaves in a huff. Jade dries the scroll and locks it in a locker, and decides he might as well take a shower now that he's in here.

Meanwhile, Beat pretties himself up, enters the train's restaurant and bears witness to a racist supervisor yelling at an earth pony employee for screwing up, but Beat covers for the employee (and the supervisor thinks Beat's a unicorn who's hiding his horn).  Draco finishes his shower and enters the restaurant, where it's revealed he used to be a lounge singer before becoming a courier.

@@AnonyPoni... Just pointing out a few godmoddings there in your post, again. :c

Keep in mind that I'm not talking about the goons: I believe they're there for any and everyone to freely control (we'll call them NPCs). But Electrobolt did not open the door yet, and Ganaram didn't say anything. Not to mention Electro had already tied the goon up, but that's minor.

Okay, Motion did it once, but he asked nicely for it in advance, and everyone agreed. Ganaram did it too, but I allowed him to do so because I was going to be away for a couple of days.

Anyway... Not that big of a deal, I believe... But watch out for that. Feels rather awkward to have our characters being controlled by someone else out of nowhere. :P

Unfortunately, though, I don't think Amber is qualified to play the "good cop" in there. I so much doubt she's in the mood to go easy on the bad guy.  :o

I'll be planning a post of my own soon~

• Brohoof 2

@@AnonyPoni... Just pointing out a few godmoddings there in your post, again. :c

Keep in mind that I'm not talking about the goons: I believe they're there for any and everyone to freely control (we'll call them NPCs). But Electrobolt did not open the door yet, and Ganaram didn't say anything. Not to mention Electro had already tied the goon up, but that's minor.

Okay, Motion did it once, but he asked nicely for it in advance, and everyone agreed. Ganaram did it too, but I allowed him to do so because I was going to be away for a couple of days.

Anyway... Not that big of a deal, I believe... But watch out for that. Feels rather awkward to have our characters being controlled by someone else out of nowhere. :P

Unfortunately, though, I don't think Amber is qualified to play the "good cop" in there. I so much doubt she's in the mood to go easy on the bad guy.  :o

I'll be planning a post of my own soon~

OH COME ON! >...< It's not that big of a deal! :/ I specifically wrote that line with Ganaram because it made sense to put there (I seriously doubt that Electro and Ganaram approved of Rook beating up that guy) but it was such a small thing it wasn't worth holding up the post to wait for you guys to approve of me writing about the character saying something (not even actual quotes :/). And waiting to ask Electro to open the door would just be as bad and would have us just waiting again do to a really, really small action :/ I don't get why everypony is so worried about others use their character, but I guess that's just a personal problem for me :/

Anyway, I fixed it, but the whole thing with the door is just going to have to slide. Please. If Electro is upset about me having him open the door, I'll fix the post (which looks like I have to erase it, wait a few days for the door to get opened, then repost it...)

And the whole thing with Amber was just an idea I really liked. You didn't say no to it earlier, so I suggested it again. I admit that I found that it made more sense to write Rook as a "bad cop," so I guess I should have warned you there. If you wanna still go with the whole thing, just be the bad cop again. I'm sure the goon won't be to happy.

Sorry, I just got really annoyed. I ask every time i want to use the other characters, but I just figured that this wasn't going to be a big deal. I was obviously wrong.

Oh well, It's fixed now.

• Brohoof 1

I've written my posts in such a way such that the actions of Ganaram can be picked up by others, but those actions have to be such that they don't include dialogue or actual physical action, just location, so long that it makes sense. Example:

Ganaram tilted his head back up and noticed that Electrobolt had already left. He got out of the now-ravaged engine room and began weaving his way back to the previous car, assuming Electrobolt had gone the same way...

It should be assumed by now that Ganaram had already made his way to the other room at this point.

But perhaps if I had said that others can control the position of Ganaram (position only, unless otherwise posted) from that one particular post...

@@AnonyPoni,

I said it wasn't a big deal this time, but we had warned you before. I just wanted to give you a notice now because it is basically an universal rule in role plays to not control other people's characters (godmod).

The point of a role play is to play along with the others. I'd rather wait for the rest of the people to post and react to what my character said than to try to predict their reactions my own. Makes everything more interesting, and also gives the other players more space.

I don't think anyone here is mad, though. You didn't really have to edit your post. Again, I'm just giving it a notice. :/

@,

No, i'm not taking this one laying down again. You guys kept complaining no pony in our group was posting. Well, maybe it's because we have to ask everyone to do really mundane actions. It's not godmodding when you do simple stuff like this. It's godmodding if I made ninjas appear on a meteor that hits the train, which also turns everypony into a human.

And besides, the last time I broke the rule, I had written, in my opinion, a really great post. I had to erase it basically introduce Rook with a "Uh, hi, I'm Rook." This rule is annoyingly uptight, especially since it really holds this story back. Also, it's not a "universal rule" if no other RP I've seen has bothered to do it to this degree (again, opening doors)

Also, in my opinion, it's more fun to "share" the characters. It's also incredibly constraining to only write for one character and have to wait days for the others to "react". 

So what was I supposed to do, ask Ganaram for Rook to push him 3 inches to the side, then ask for him to walk down the hallway with Rook, then ask Electro to open a door? These are immensely mundane actions that any wait I would have to do would be a freaking waste of time, delaying a perfectly good post. 

At this point, RPing here isn't fun, it's just work :/ 

*sigh* look, I joined this RP because I thought it would be a nice break from the "mega post" ones I've been doing so far. I figured "Oh hey, nice train ride. That'd be relaxing and easy to do...." Clearly I was wrong. You guys are the most uptight RP group I've ever been a part of. Most RPs would be happy that the story FINALLY got moving, but here, "godmodding" gets in the way. 

Look, I'm glad no pony's upset at me (i'm sure that'll change now that I posted this <..<) but i'm trying to point out how dumb this rule is and how much it's holding you guys back. The two train groups would have met up by now :/

Meh, I shouldn't expect much support :/

I'm with Anony on this one, his anger aside. The RP here is moving at a truly glacial pace, and everyone is able to find the time to talk on about what they're going to post, yet no one is actually bothering to post. Anony made a post that got things moving again, and he get's slapped for barely violating a truly arbitrary rule?

The rule against controlling other people should be taken on a case-by-case basis: Anony's violations were minor at best: he walked past Ganaram and opened a door to enter the room, instead of having the RP bogged down again waiting for everyone to respond so that he can continue his post. The rule in question is to prevent people from taking control of other people's characters in a much more extreme fashion: for example holding a conversation with someone where you provide all their dialogue or having your character beat up another character without giving their controller any choice to defend themselves.

This RP has slown down so much that I'm completely bored with it, and apparently I'm not the only one. I'd like to get interested in it again, but that's not going to happen if we're actively trying to slow each other down with these rules, where the spirit of the rules hardly even apply to our situation. (And this isn't even the first time: remember when I got yelled at for Jade's conversation with Draco, violating the 2 Posts rule? That case was absurd as well, considering Jade and Draco were seperate from everypony else, which nullified the justification behind that rule)

I'm at a loss on where to go, but honestly, I wouldn't even say that Rook was violating anything; I was even planning on having Ganaram say something "objectionable". Uncalled for as it was (either that or I wasn't paying attention, probably the latter, sorry), if we have to go this route, one, we have to alert everyone about it (I recommend doing something like this; I'm picking on you, @Jadefire), but 2, we actually have to read said alerts.

I'm down in my programming class. Can't talk any further.

@@Jadefire, I haven't read the latest posts I admit, I'll do it. But I agree and disagree with Annoni, yet I'll limit myself on not commenting on the matter because I haven't read his post. But what I can say is that his indroduction was very random, talking to stranger ponies like. "what's up! I'm here!". I'll leave this issue aside.

Now my issue is you Jadefire, look at everything that you wrote, and you haven't posted a thing since we don't know when. Seriously your post is making you look hypocritical.

The RP is not fun anymore, I agree with you guys, maybe splitting the trains wasn't a good idea, and everything happened after Star Weaver's departure (sorry to remind you guys this again, but it's the truth.). I'm losing faith in this RP, I have to be honest here, that's why I want things to move faster, to see if there is a way to make this fun like it used to be. (not even my drawings are helping >.>)

I'll be honest here, not even considering the "rules" anymore: it felt horrible to have my character's lines decided by someone else in first place, and it happened more than two months ago. I felt like nitpicking over this now because I don't want it to happen to anyone anymore. But I guess we have to do this in order to make up for the absence of the others, don't we?

This just doesn't seem to be working out... Splitting the groups was apparently a mistake, and Star Weaver's departure somehow worsened the situation. I'm always up to continue role playing here, but with you guys saying that the RP isn't fun anymore, that it's boring, that it's just work... kinda lets me down. So I end up with no other choice but to agree.

• Brohoof 2

I think it's safe to say that we're all collectively stuck with this, so I have a few suggestions:

- We restart at a certain point, but keep everything under one train.

- We rewrite the events so far such that it's under one train.

- We continue where we're going so far, but open up signups so that we can find someone who can help.

I'm more for redoing everything to an extent.

I'll be honest here, not even considering the "rules" anymore: it felt horrible to have my character's lines decided by someone else in first place, and it happened more than two months ago. I felt like nitpicking over this now because I don't want it to happen to anyone anymore. But I guess we have to do this in order to make up for the absence of the others, don't we?

This just doesn't seem to be working out... Splitting the groups was apparently a mistake, and Star Weaver's departure somehow worsened the situation. I'm always up to continue role playing here, but with you guys saying that the RP isn't fun anymore, that it's boring, that it's just work... kinda lets me down. So I end up with no other choice but to agree.

I agree, I wouldn't like someone else to control Beat Spark and say things that I didn't have planned for him, unless that person has my brain, I wouldn't like that. I had this problem with TAO before you joined, it was very silly, he controlled Beat to perform a very silly action, but it happened that I didn't have planned for him to react in that way, I told him "hey, that wasn't cool" but assumed what he made Beat do and worked with it.

Other things you guys can do is to borrow the ponies of other players asking them beforehand and explaining what you are gonna do with them, if you don't want to reveal the awesome storytelling you have in mind ask them via PM.

The thing is, no one knows your OC better than you and it feels wrong when someone else take your OC to make it do something that you are not confortable with.

Anyways, Bolty! I know you are here, stop hiding and say something! we have a crysis in here.

- We restart at a certain point, but keep everything under one train.

NO!

- We rewrite the events so far such that it's under one train.

HELL NO!

- We continue where we're going so far, but open up signups so that we can find someone who can help.

it seems that we have a winner! 

Alright, before we proceed any further, I'd like to put a momentary hold on posting (in the RP, I mean) until, 1, we sort things out, and B, we re-inject the RP with some life force, and C, we agree on what we should do first. The choices are listed above.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

*sigh* I was afraid something like this might happen... Like the others said, this RP was fun at first... But then... Yeah... Anyways, I didn't really say anything because, well... To be honest, I didn't really know what to say, Sparky... But I do agree with this option

• Brohoof 1

I'm about to announce re-opening of signups, but before I do so, do you guys know of anyone who would be interested or would be able to help?

I would prefer this thief mess to pass before we add anyone in the game, it would be too much to catch up for the newcomers

Yep sorry if I was gone all day my fellow bronies. My computer had a virus and got an update from my aunt.

OMG! if you don't mind sharing here, you can hit me a PM. I am interested in what's happening with your auntie.