Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

People Dropping Out Of The Fandom?

Azura

I wouldn't leave myself, lack of new content probably causes part of those who leave to do so. Still, after experiencing the awesome community and seeing daily new content about the show itself, I see that, even in this temporary drought, we have seen an abundance of creativity which keeps things interesting.

Edited by TheEngineer
  • Brohoof 2

I think its just because people have a life attend to and it hard for them to be contact with brony community, like Shankveld.

I believe the fandom is going to keep growing from the creativity and new seasons to come.

• Brohoof 1

I know from personal expirience that I can only be ToTaLy ObSeSsEd with three things at a time. at the moment it's Ponies, TF2, and internet review shows. I'm sure I'll leave Ponies eventually, but seeing how Ponies was able to replace anime, It's going to take something damn impressive, and it sure as hay won't happen until after the show ends. as for the people who are leaving during the mid season break, they'll be back.

• Brohoof 1

The fandom is not gonna die...im just gonna say that right there.

The community still very, very much active, I see pony stuff all the time, something catastrophic would had to have happened in order for this community to disband. The people that do leave the fandom..I think it's negligible, it won't effect the fandom one way or another, as long as the show continues to air, the fandom will continue to grow as exponentially as it has been.

"Dropping out of the Fandom"

Hardly. Like people have mentioned before, I guarantee several faces who have 'left' due to boredom will be back once this place goes crazy with season 3's consistent new episodes fueling not only this place, but the entire internet with much, much more brony activity. People naturally come and go from communities because that's how life works; on top of that, you've had this big gap between seasons. Some people have a short fuse on how long they can last on fanon content and community alone, *even though both are nearly infinite in this fanbase*, and they just get bored or lose interest.

Nothing at all to worry about.

• Brohoof 1

"Dropping out of the Fandom"

Hardly. Like people have mentioned before, I guarantee several faces who have 'left' due to boredom will be back once this place goes crazy with season 3's consistent new episodes fueling not only this place, but the entire internet with much, much more brony activity. People naturally come and go from communities because that's how life works; on top of that, you've had this big gap between seasons. Some people have a short fuse on how long they can last on fanon content and community alone, *even though both are nearly infinite in this fanbase*, and they just get bored or lose interest.

Nothing at all to worry about.

I think we've reached the limit on how much we can take on the wait for season three. An airdate of September or even October would have been much better than November... I seriously thought that September 16th would be the airdate of season three.

I think we've reached the limit on how much we can take on the wait for season three. An airdate of September or even October would have been much better than November... I seriously thought that September 16th would be the airdate of season three.

Like I said, everyone has their limits on how long they're satisfied with fanon. I'm fine waiting one more month, personally. I realize I'm not the majority rule in that respect, but nevertheless.

• Brohoof 1

As a person who is going to leave the forum and come back on specific dates, I'm in the unique position to tell you guys what its like to be a part of a community knowing the (temporary) end in near for me on this site. I've started to wind myself off of Ponies since I know I'll be cold turkey in about a month. You know that saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder?" The same applies to MLP, at least for me. The less I'm on the forums, the more I grow to appreciate the happiness its given me.

Case in point. A lot of us played video games when we were young, right? At some point, don't we all go back to play our old favorites once in a while? Maybe we get hooked on it again. Maybe that game wasn't from that long ago, maybe just a year ago is enough to make it nostalgic for you. It'll be the same for 'former' bronies once they hear that season 3 is out.

When I come back in 2014, I'm going to be so excited to watch all the episodes I missed and catch up with all you guys. I know that's an outlier compared to most bronies who go on breaks from MLP for a few months, but once we do come back, we're at full force. Don't worry all; its the off season and the brony population is on the temporary decline at the moment. Don't let that ruin your desire to be a brony :)

• Brohoof 1

I mean you are always going to have people come in and out of any fandom. I am sure people have grown tired of waiting for the next season to come out... But as soon a November hits and season 3 rolls in. There wil be old Nd new fans coming back for more. Only the diehard fans stay and continue to enjoy the show even without the release of new episodes.

I could offer up some intellectual advice on why people might be leaving the fandom left and right, and at the same time other people joining. But instead, I am going to leave it up to the pics!

WHEN SEASON 3 AIRS:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I am not going to lie, most recently I have started thinking about leaving the fandom. My life is going out of control, I am beginning to question my own values and morals, all while trying to maintain a steady college life. Some recent people in the fandom that i have met face to face have begun to actually irk me, it is difficult to explain but I have started to lose faith in the community and in myself. Recent events have made me understand the true reason behind some people leaving. I probably need to see a counselor or something, because I don't understand what is going on in my head. I really just need a vacation or I need to sojourn to some far off place, I just need to get away from where I have been rooted for many years and experience the world with all of it's splendid beauty, and all of it's decay and imperfection. I feel that if I did that, I would appreciate my life a little bit more. I don't know, I am just rambling nonsense, I need to take a walk or something. I need some time for self reflection, and evaluation.

Like I said, everyone has their limits on how long they're satisfied with fanon. I'm fine waiting one more month, personally. I realize I'm not the majority rule in that respect, but nevertheless.

Yeah, I think that's what makes a fandom notable in the first place. The fact that people are dedicated enough to like something to wait for the next exciting thing to come out to that franchise, even if it takes years. Just imagine the poor Star Wars chaps waiting for the first 3 episodes (and getting half-ass results lol)

• Brohoof 1

Eyup. I've noticed them go but I've noticed others come. There's quite a bit of heat from fanbase drama lately, can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen. Not to sound like a dick but I notice that those kinds of people that leave are usually the whiny ones that get on people's nerves anyways, so lol whatever. I speak for outside of this forum as well.

• Brohoof 1

Every fandom has different types of people that join it's ranks. Some are zealous fans-for-life, and for others, it's only a passing interest. Plus everything in-between. In addition, there are many different types of people inside those types themselves. In the end, you never know who is going to stay or leave, and what they will be like. That's one reason humans are so interesting, because we're so predictable yet you never can truly guess our next move.

All this pseudo-philosophy aside, the fandom will constantly gain and lose members. Nothing can really be done about it. Who goes and who stays all depends on the person, as well as somewhat on what and how the MLP franchise itself does.