gaming World of Warcraft

Street Comedy

Demon Hunters: He who fights monsters.

Well, that makes it sound like a hero. The reason demon hunters are very much not heroes is because they became demons in order to fight them.

• Brohoof 1

#WoWLegionHype!

Demon hunters? Artifact weapons? Is this the final x-pac?

I am looking forward to the class order halls the most, those look absolutely badass and I can't wait to see what they do with them. The classes have always been my favorite aspects of the game, they tell so much about the character, not just their powers and/or skills, but also their worldview and maybe even their personality or experiences.

I remember rolling a Druid way back in vanilla and my first visit to Moonglade. Seeing all of the other druids there, including the Tauren, learning about the Emerald Dream and how to shapeshift, it made my path seem so important to the world. Like it wasn't just just some arbitrary title but an honored vocation with it's own traditions and legacy that I was now a part of. Maybe the Druid Hall will be IN the Emerald Dream?

What will the Shaman, Paladin, and especially Monk halls be like? Okay, I'm now excited!

Well if the name is your only complaint, at least that shows they are stepping in the right direction.  :P

Emerald nightmare is a raid.

Well, that makes it sound like a hero. The reason demon hunters are very much not heroes is because they became demons in order to fight them.

The reason you put out there IS the meaning of "He who fights monsters".  In fact, the whole phrase is something roughly like,"He who fights monsters must take care to not become a monster himself.  And he who stares into the abyss will find the abyss staring back at them."

• Brohoof 2

Yeah I understand what they are. It just seems like "hero class" makes me think of something leaning a bit more towards Superman rather than Spawn if you catch my drift.

The reason you put out there IS the meaning of "He who fights monsters".  In fact, the whole phrase is something roughly like,"He who fights monsters must take care to not become a monster himself.  And he who stares into the abyss will find the abyss staring back at them."

You are correct that is the whole phrase. My point is that those who wield demonic powers to fight demons should take care because they stand upon a slippery slope. What Nietzsche was referring to was that if you hunt a serial killer, you must begin to at least on a very basic level, understand them, think like them. When it's all over, you might not have killed them or anyone, but on some level, that darkness has entered your mind. Hence, "gaze not ye into the abyss, lest the abyss gaze back."

#WoWLegionHype!

Demon hunters? Artifact weapons? Is this the final x-pac?

Emerald nightmare is a raid.

So? It doesn't mean the entire Dream has been corrupted. I mean most of the early Druid quests are all about defeating Nightmare corrupted creatures and mending the Emerald Dream. I'd hate to see that all of that meant nothing.

• Brohoof 1

On the subject of Demon Hunters though, does anyone else notice how the two hero classes are not exactly what one might call "traditionally heroic"?

Death Knights: Risen champions of the Scourge, hollow remains of great heroes, damned warriors fighting the forces of evil because their existence has no other meaning apart from submission to the Lich King's will.

Demon Hunters: He who fights monsters.

The hero classes are more of Anti-heroes. The death knigts used evil magick and curses to bring down the Litch king and the Demon hunters will become Demons themselves to castrate massacre demons better.

I CANNOT WAIT TO FIGHT ALONGSIDE MORE ANTI-HEROES, OH AND DOUBLE JUMPING IS THE WHOLE REASON I WILL GET ONE. xD

• Brohoof 1

The hero classes are more of Anti-heroes. The death knigts used evil magick and curses to bring down the Litch king and the Demon hunters will become Demons themselves to castrate massacre demons better.

I CANNOT WAIT TO FIGHT ALONGSIDE MORE ANTI-HEROES, OH AND DOUBLE JUMPING IS THE WHOLE REASON I WILL GET ONE. xD

Yeah, that was my point, the name is kind of a misnomer.

Wait "double jumping" is a serious new feature?

• Brohoof 1

Nope, its a solid double jump

Whenever and wherever they wanna do it

If it's for hunters, I can kind of see that making sense. They are, after all, supposed to be the agile tracker sort. Much like how us Monks have our roll ability.

If it's for hunters, I can kind of see that making sense. They are, after all, supposed to be the agile tracker sort. Much like how us Monks have our roll ability.

No, it will be for Demon hunters only. Normal hunters are carrying mail, mail is probably a bit too heavy.

They have wings soo it kinda makes sence they can jump again in mid air.

Edited by A Cat
  • Brohoof 2

No, it will be for Demon hunters only. Normal hunters are carrying mail, mail is probably a bit too heavy.

They have wings soo it kinda makes sence they can jump again in mid air.

Oooooooh I see. Hell it would make more sense if they could just fly under their own power.

I feel like the new "hero class" is just because everyone wanted to play as Illidan on Hero's of the Storm. 

Honestly it is going to burn out a lot quicker than they think it will. 

@@Steel Accord,

Imagine if that was to them as flight form is to druids. 

That would make sense.

I feel like the new "hero class" is just because everyone wanted to play as Illidan on Hero's of the Storm. 

Honestly it is going to burn out a lot quicker than they think it will. 

I don't play Heroes of the Storm. Can't really get into such a crossover when you are familiar with only one source material that makes it up. Have faith though, this game is great and will go down in the anals of the medium's history as one of the best.

Edited by Steel Accord

Another week, another pleasant conversation done completely in-character. I have learned a great deal.  :)

Are you on an RP realm?  :sunbutt:

Goldshire. That is all, lol.

I was there last time I played, met a rather lovely fellow Pandaren, we had some tea and a good chat.

da fuuuuuuuuuuuuk

All I see at Goldshire are half naked Night Elf female avatars dancing on tables, chairs etc. And they're somehow always accompanied by a half naked human warrior.

da fuuuuuuuuuuuuk

All I see at Goldshire are half naked Night Elf female avatars dancing on tables, chairs etc. And they're somehow always accompanied by a half naked human warrior.

I only know my experience and while what you say is true (I've not seen the specific instance though) RP does happen at Goldshire, and Goldshire is hardly ALL of Azeroth and Outland/Draenor.

I only know my experience and while what you say is true (I've not seen the specific instance though) RP does happen at Goldshire, and Goldshire is hardly ALL of Azeroth and Outland/Draenor.

Yeah.. "RP".. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyway, I would love to have more RP take place in Outland, especially Hellfire. I love that place so much. 

Yeah.. "RP".. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yes, role playing. Are we confusing terms here?

Anyway, I would love to have more RP take place in Outland, especially Hellfire. I love that place so much. 

Not specifically there but I have seen RP done in Outland. Draenei RPers in particular got into it as some of their characters actually remembered it when the world was whole. As a Draenei was my main awhile back, some of my best RP interactions came from my time as him.