gaming World of Warcraft

Street Comedy

... I changed my mind on the worst level transition in WoW.

Human mage. Level 35... has to go from Straglethorn Vale... TO WESTERN PLAUGELANDS!!?!?!

Dafuq Blizz?

That's why you don't play humans.

Can't take gnomes seriously. My guild and myself did (wiped 11 times and gave up) mythic Blackhand recently and the maintank was smaller than the head of Blackhand's hammer. I died laughing when he forgot to move and you saw a tiny gnome in the Blackwing lair warrior transmog flying through the air to his doom.

Also, to the hunters, I can literally smell the nerf incoming.

Edited by Tempest Shift

Can't take gnomes seriously. My guild and myself did (wiped 11 times and gave up) mythic Blackhand recently and the maintank was smaller than the head of Blackhand's hammer. I died laughing when he forgot to move and you saw a tiny gnome in the Blackwing lair warrior transmog flying through the air to his doom.

Also, to the hunters, I can literally smell the nerf incoming.

Gnomes are one of the three Alli races I can stand leveling.

SV will probably get the nerf. BM hasn't been doing so well, and I have no idea about MM.

Finally did a complete solo of ICC, normal and heroic. Man, that cinematic in the end is glorious.  ;)

Edited by Guest

THE DAY THE SERVERS GO DOWN

Might as well have fun while it lasts.

The servers go down once a week, I'm not sure if you're talking about that.

The servers go down once a week, I'm not sure if you're talking about that.

FURREVVVURRRR

On a side note, I really hate the subscription model. If they made the game 60 bucks for everything and promise to singleplayerize the game when they can no longer support the servers I'd SOO buy. Physical copy if possible.

FURREVVVURRRR

On a side note, I really hate the subscription model. If they made the game 60 bucks for everything and promise to singleplayerize the game when they can no longer support the servers I'd SOO buy. Physical copy if possible.

Blizzard isn't giving up the subscription model anytime soon, they don't need to anyway, they have 10M subs. ESO has a few hundred thousand and that's free to play. Well, one time pay. And they also said WoW will last for at least 10 more years, and they have the next 5 expansions lined up already. WoD's successor is a ready being worked on. 

Blizzard isn't giving up the subscription model anytime soon, they don't need to anyway, they have 10M subs. ESO has a few hundred thousand and that's free to play. Well, one time pay. And they also said WoW will last for at least 10 more years, and they have the next 5 expansions lined up already. WoD's successor is a ready being worked on. 

Blizzard not letting up on subscription is dumb. Even if it was a hella expensive one-time payment (lots of hours in the game) I'd still rather pay it. Also, because they "said" something doesn't mean it will happen, especially if it's projecting 10 years into the futur. Like seriously, where are you getting this from?

Blizzard not letting up on subscription is dumb. Even if it was a hella expensive one-time payment (lots of hours in the game) I'd still rather pay it. Also, because they "said" something doesn't mean it will happen, especially if it's projecting 10 years into the futur. Like seriously, where are you getting this from?

I have proof, and I'll show you:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/world-of-warcraft-will-still-be-around-in-2024-bli/1100-6423276/

http://www.pcgamesn.com/world-warcraft/blizzard-has-six-or-seven-world-warcraft-expansions-planned-easily-10-years-worth-stuff

And seeing as how well it's doing, regardless of how you look at it, it's pretty safe to say it'll be here while.

Haha, guess what? WoW just broke my laptop. R.I.P Alienwarere laptop, you gave me more problems the my asus.

And that's why you don't buy from Alienware.

• Brohoof 1

Anypony else here more into the RP side of things rather than the PVE or PVP? Not that I have a problem with either of those, just that the first is chiefly why I play the game.

In addition, anypony pick their class/race combo based off of some reflection of your personality?

only have trial version but i had a fury warrior that dual wielded

Edited by Kirito
  • Brohoof 1

And that's why you don't buy from Alienware.

It's likely more that he was playing a very CPU-demanding game on a laptop. Tell me, Tempest, did the motherboard go? Because that's what happened to my old laptop about a year and a half ago. Lasted 2.5 years before it RIP'd really hard during raid. 

It's likely more that he was playing a very CPU-demanding game on a laptop. Tell me, Tempest, did the motherboard go? Because that's what happened to my old laptop about a year and a half ago. Lasted 2.5 years before it RIP'd really hard during raid. 

Well, WoW is CPU intensive to a point, the newer areas, i.e. Pandaria and Draenor, and maybe the Cata areas benefit from a better graphics card. Though a good CPU is a must for WoW

Well, WoW is CPU intensive to a point, the newer areas, i.e. Pandaria and Draenor, and maybe the Cata areas benefit from a better graphics card. Though a good CPU is a must for WoW

Yes, I was speaking of WoW to start with. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I myself am hoping to start on mythic BRF progression (Darmac, eugh) this Sunday with the guild I just joined. School has been keeping that aspiration at bay, though, and I worry that if I don't show my face enough in the next month, they'll bench me more often than I deserve.

I have proof, and I'll show you:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/world-of-warcraft-will-still-be-around-in-2024-bli/1100-6423276/

http://www.pcgamesn.com/world-warcraft/blizzard-has-six-or-seven-world-warcraft-expansions-planned-easily-10-years-worth-stuff

And seeing as how well it's doing, regardless of how you look at it, it's pretty safe to say it'll be here while.

My point here is that is eventually going to expire.

My point here is that is eventually going to expire.

So? Your logic could be applied to literally any media consumption ever. I came into the pony fandom at a time where its continued existence was threatened (13 episodes in S3 bringing total to 65, just enough to end a syndicated run of a show; no one knew if S4 was confirmed, etc.), but I invested anyway. Invest in whatever you like - if you enjoy it, who cares if it doesn't last very long?

Not like this game won't - it's seen far too much success, it's touched way too many people, and it's shaped the thinking of competitors for years.

• Brohoof 1

So? Your logic could be applied to literally any media consumption ever. I came into the pony fandom at a time where its continued existence was threatened (13 episodes in S3 bringing total to 65, just enough to end a syndicated run of a show; no one knew if S4 was confirmed, etc.), but I invested anyway. Invest in whatever you like - if you enjoy it, who cares if it doesn't last very long?

Not like this game won't - it's seen far too much success, it's touched way too many people, and it's shaped the thinking of competitors for years.

MMOs and online-dependent games are different. Most likely, there will always be a download for it in the backwaters of the internet, so games without current distribution like *insert random DOS game here* will live on. I'm also not saying WoW will suddenly *poof* off your computer. The servers WILL go down. That isn't even arguable. They WILL. It may take a very long time, but it will happen. There are various ways to get around this, though. I've thought of 4:

1. Make it a singleplayer-oriented game and continue distributing. // worst idea

2. Make it open-source and allow people to make servers of their own

3. Make the server software ONLY open-source and allow people to make servers of their own // best idea

4. Do nothing and allow hackers to figure everything out // most likely

MMOs and online-dependent games are different. Most likely, there will always be a download for it in the backwaters of the internet, so games without current distribution like *insert random DOS game here* will live on. I'm also not saying WoW will suddenly *poof* off your computer. The servers WILL go down. That isn't even arguable. They WILL. It may take a very long time, but it will happen. There are various ways to get around this, though. I've thought of 4:

1. Make it a singleplayer-oriented game and continue distributing. // worst idea

2. Make it open-source and allow people to make servers of their own

3. Make the server software ONLY open-source and allow people to make servers of their own // best idea

4. Do nothing and allow hackers to figure everything out // most likely

When WoW's servers shut down (not gonna happen any time soon), there's tons of private servers to play on for every xpac.

It broke while doing twink arenas. However I have fixed the problem with the magical powers of F8