Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First pony drawing attempt...Not sure if I should be proud or ashamed.

Arashi Takamine

Well you should be proud. Showing off your drawings isn't the easiest thing to do, especially when you dont know if you/others will like it or not.

This is better then any drawing i chould have done. And that makes me automaticly think its good.

Here's the first time I ever attempted to draw a pony...I was looking at so many tutorials I sorta just mushed what I saw to create...This.

Not sure if this is good for a first timer or extremely bad.

Posted Image

Of my OC Harmonic.

:blush: ;

The mane is spot on!

Posted Image

I really like his... mane?

No, seriously, I really do like it! The mane actually is very good.

There's room for improvement for the body, especially the legs imo, but practice makes perfect!

Overall, I think this is pretty good for a first drawing! (especially that mane ^^ )

<ul>

<li>

I really like his... mane? No, seriously, I really do like it! The mane actually is very good. There's room for improvement for the body, especially the legs imo, but practice makes perfect! Overall, I think this is pretty good for a first drawing! (especially that mane ^^ )

</li>

</ul>

<p>Thank you...I'm really surprised it turned out how it did...Who knew such a seemingly simple art style would be such a pain to get right. I'm working on another pic of Harmonic as I type trying to perfect it. So far all tutorials on DeviantART are useless as their for photoshop only...Taking a look at the link in the post quoted below. Thanks again.</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p> 

It takes time to be be good at drawing ponies, tricky stuff at first (still tricky to me). Here are some dandy set of guides to help: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/01/pony-drawing-guides.html Other then that simply google pony drawing guides, there's tons of stuff online to help you learn.

</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks so much. I really appriciate the encouragement. (I know if I had stuck this on DeviantART I would have been killed in seconds...Metaphorically speaking.)</p>

The mane is really quite nice. A good effort on the whole, but of course, there is always room for improvement. Just keep practicing and soon you will create a piece of art that you will truly love. That's all you can ask for.

It takes time to be be good at drawing ponies, tricky stuff at first (still tricky to me).

Here are some dandy set of guides to help:

http://www.equestria...ing-guides.html

Other then that simply google pony drawing guides, there's tons of stuff online to help you learn.

Was just about to post this ;) oh well. The body (more specifically the back leg) could use some rounding, by the back leg I mean how they have it curving back.

what program are you using to draw? give Paint.net a try if your just using regular paint, its like a free version of photoshop and has a really cool Curved line tool :D ive learned that 4 on the curved line tool = thickness of the ponies outlines in most typical pictures (from the show) :D props on the draw though! still a far cry better than anything ive ever drawn :P (im more into coloring stuff ^~^ )

I actually used paint to draw this. I think this is number...19? Of the drawings I've tried and completed. I used the paintbrush instead of the pencil this time...The line was used mainly for the legs though.

Thanks! (The hardest thing I've learned to draw since anime characters.)