Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming [Gaming] The Team Fortress 2 Thread

Ron Jeremy

the moment when you aim directly at an enemy's head, pull the trigger and it counts as a bodyshot.. my tf2 adventure today in a nutshell....

Oh yeah? I headshotted with the Syndey Sleeper. I apologized afterwards.

That's good, more people need to play Medic. I hate getting stuck on teams with like 5 snipers...

There also needs to be more Demomen, I always see Demoknights on our team and they barley contribute to the team, except from killing the occasional oblivious W+M1 Pyro. Edited by MagicalHorseyThing

There also needs to be more Demomen, I always see Demoknights on our team and they barley contribute to the team, except from killing the occasional oblivious W+M1 Pyro.

I actually should play Demo more myself, he is an amazing class. If I see a Demoman it is usually one of these three:

• Demoknight (most common)
  • DemoSpam (GRENADES EVERYWHERE NO AIMING)
  • Loch and Load with extremely good aim...
Edited by Chigens

I got the game on The Orange Box (Xbox 360) and I really love the game. Favorite class is Scout. My computer can't run it on Steam, and it sucks too because I can't play with you guys, and it looks like a bunch of items can be added to your character.

Yeah Rubix, TF2 on the computer is the real thing.

I'm not sure how many people play it on Xbox, but there's so much stuff you're missing out! What a shame.

• 2 weeks later...

so i was playing on the Legion of pony server and the map was Foundry. i was in the mood to play the scout and i actually managed to go 4 rounds flawless and get a staggering 26 killstreak!

Posted Image

Belated, but there was another update yesterday.

May 3, 2012 - TF2 Team

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

• Added The Fruit Shoot
  • Fixed a rendering error affecting sticky bomb particle effects
  • Updated the main menu message notification system
  • Updated the Frying Pan so it can also be equipped by the Scout, Sniper, Medic, Heavy, and Pyro
  • Updated pl_thundermountain

• Fixed a build-in-spawn exploit in the Blue spawn room for stage 2
  • Community request

• SetForcedTauntCam player input now accepts a value of 2 to allow the taunt camera to remain even while the player is dead

Just a typical update: Adding a Steam workshop item, a few fixes here and there.

Frying pan can be equipped by most classes now, which is cool. That Fruit Shoot hat has some MLP-ification possible, with it being an apple and all. :P

It's been a while since I've been on TF2. I probably should change that, but meh, Xenoblade Chronicles has been eating my free time lately.

Big surprise, another item promotion, this time for Super Monday Night Combat. At least the announcement's title is 20% cooler.

• Brohoof 1

MNC? Isn't that game like 4 years old?

I could have sworn I have it for Xbox...

Doesn't matter. I would never download a game for a hat ever again.

AVGN voice: "Oh no this is SUPER..." Monday Night Combat.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's been a while since I've been on TF2. I probably should change that, but meh, Xenoblade Chronicles has been eating my free time lately.

Big surprise, another item promotion, this time for Super Monday Night Combat. At least the announcement's title is 20% cooler.

I got the first hat from it yesterday, looks decent:

post-1813-0-66654800-1336831336_thumb.jpg

Another angle:

post-1813-0-92005200-1336831342_thumb.jpg

Edited by LowfatEnvelope

I got the first hat from it yesterday, looks decent:

post-1813-0-66654800-1336831336_thumb.jpg

Another angle:

post-1813-0-92005200-1336831342_thumb.jpg

It does look nice for a promotional hat. And it's not all-class, so it won't be the next Alien Swarm Parasite.

Also, nice skins. :P

• Brohoof 1

I got the Sandman recently and being scout is pretty awesome now.

I usually get third mvp in most games with the original rocket launcher too.

pretty awesome stuff.

When do you guys usually host a game?

I'd like to play.

steam name: _Rochambo_

I got the Sandman recently and being scout is pretty awesome now.

I usually get third mvp in most games with the original rocket launcher too.

pretty awesome stuff.

When do you guys usually host a game?

I'd like to play.

steam name: _Rochambo_

The MLP forums has a server, which usually people from the forums join in.

Now going to me, i have been making pretty much success in TF2 last days, i got some new hats:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

Another update.

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)

• Fatal engine errors are now written to the server log file
  • Added sv_lowedict_threshold and sv_lowedict_action which allow the engine to take action before running out of free edicts

• Possible values for sv_lowedict_action are: 0 - no action, 1 - warn to log file, 2 - attempt to restart the game, if applicable, 3 - restart the map, 4 - go to the next map in the map cycle
Team Fortress 2
  • Added The Sneaky Spats of Sneaking
  • Added new promotional items
  • Added koth_badlands to eligible quickplay maps
  • Added changelevel_next server command which changes to the next map in the map cycle
  • Added mp_restartgame_immediate ConVar which has the same effect as mp_restartgame without a delay
  • Fixed The Manmelter using the wrong muzzle flash effect
  • Fixed The Frying Pan not being positioned correctly for some classes

Another Steam Workshop item, fixes for how some classes hold the frying pan, and more promo hats that I hear are for some Tom Clancy game.

I get it, Valve's lazy and they like leeching off the community creations to get a few bucks from people with too much money to spend. But it's been too long since there's been a really significant update.

Played TF2 for a few minutes today. I'm getting better at Pyro-ing I think.