Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming GTA V

Marshmallow

So the next installment is the Grand Theft Auto games is GTA V. It's due in Spring 2013 and it looks like it is going to be absolutely amazing!

Posted Image

The game will be set in Los Santos (based on southern California) and the map will be the biggest map in the GTA series so far. Including the interiors, the map is bigger than the maps of Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV and GTA San Andreas combined! So yeah, it's going to be pretty huge!

There will be three playable main characters. Their names are Michael, Trevor and Franklin and you can switch between them at any time. Each has its own personality and set of abilities and story line. There will be missions in which you will have to use all of them at the same time.

The map will include have a variety of locations, including:

-A fully explorable Mount Chiliad

-A military base

-Salton sea region

-A desert

-Wine Country

-Forests and wilderness

-Farms

-Fully explorable ocean floor

Trailer 2!! (thanks TomzRD)

It looks absolutely stunning!

And here's was first trailer for the game in case you haven't seen it!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs

We're supposed to be getting another trailer on November 14th.

And here'sa link to the latest issue of Game Informer with a bunch of info.

Here'sthe link to Rockstar's website. You can see the first trailer there and a bunch of screenshots.

So, are any of you guys excited for this game? What are you looking forward to the most?

Screenshots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Marshmallow
  • Brohoof 3

I really hope they're taking the combat from Max Payne 3 and just sticking it into this game. After playing GTA IV's clunky combat again recently... ugh.

Insidegamer released a bunch of new screenshots of the game. I don't know about you, but I personally think it looks great. I just hope it looks as good in the game.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Marshmallow
  • Brohoof 1

I've been following this game since around two years before it was announced. I regularly lurk at GTAForums (heck it's one of my two homepages (and it has been for years)). So, you could say I'm hyped.

But, so far, my favorite new edition has been... yoga. Just imagine it: "Hey, cousin, let's do yoga." Wouldn't it be amazing?

All joking aside, this game looks amazing.

Edited by Prof. Yana

Words cannot express, how excited I am for this game. I have been waiting for 4 years now since GTA IV first came out for any word on GTA V, and now it's finally coming.

So far from what we've seen, there will be 3 main characters, the old looking guy, the black guy, and the younger looking white man. I'm thinking they will do this somewhat like what they did with EFLC, where their stories will eventually intertwine and interact with eachother. For example ''This bad thing happened in X's story, because you sabotaged something in Y's story''.

But I hope it will all be one main game where you switch characters every so often or you can play certain missions as certain characters whenever you like.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realise Marshmallow put these screenshots spoilered in his/her post.

post-2408-0-75481000-1352819702_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-54345500-1352819715_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-06413100-1352819722_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-52397400-1352819726_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-92139000-1352819732_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-31995200-1352819742_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-25293500-1352819748_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-56607200-1352819752_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-75481000-1352819702_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-54345500-1352819715_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-06413100-1352819722_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-52397400-1352819726_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-92139000-1352819732_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-31995200-1352819742_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-25293500-1352819748_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-56607200-1352819752_thumb.jpg

Edited by TomzRD
  • Brohoof 2

Let's hope GTA V will be better than GTA IV (I mean, considering as how GTA V would have 1080p graphics, not sure), since the servers on GTA IV online is horrible now, and that GTA V would have dedicated servers, so I don't get disconnected constantly durring online free roam or online matches. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Words cannot express, how excited I am for this game. I have been waiting for 4 years now since GTA IV first came out for any word on GTA V, and now it's finally coming.

So far from what we've seen, there will be 3 main characters, the old looking guy, the black guy, and the younger looking white man. I'm thinking they will do this somewhat like what they did with EFLC, where their stories will eventually intertwine and interact with eachother. For example ''This bad thing happened in X's story, because you sabotaged something in Y's story''.

But I hope it will all be one main game where you switch characters every so often or you can play certain missions as certain characters whenever you like.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realise Marshmallow put these screenshots spoilered in his/her post.

Well you're in luck, because they've already announced that you'll be able to switch between the characters freely. They will do heists together, and you can switch between each of their parts in it. You can also switch between them at any time between missions.

Well you're in luck, because they've already announced that you'll be able to switch between the characters freely. They will do heists together, and you can switch between each of their parts in it. You can also switch between them at any time between missions.

Wow, that sounds amazing! If you actually can do the same missions from different perspectives that will be awesome.

But what I actually meant was to go somewhere to play as one other character, and that you could only start certain missions as certain characters. So that means I would have to go back to the safehouse, switch to another character, and play the mission meant for them.

If you've ever played the Sly Cooper games for the ps2 you would know what I mean.

Wow, that sounds amazing! If you actually can do the same missions from different perspectives that will be awesome.

But what I actually meant was to go somewhere to play as one other character, and that you could only start certain missions as certain characters. So that means I would have to go back to the safehouse, switch to another character, and play the mission meant for them.

If you've ever played the Sly Cooper games for the ps2 you would know what I mean.

From what they've said, and I'm a bit wary of this, is that you'll be able to switch between them instantaneously. You'll be able to just press a button, and you'll switch to a different character, going about their daily lives. The swap is instant, you don't have to go back to your safe-house. According to Game Informer, they witnessed a mission, where one of them repelled down a building and broke a window, then they got the opportunity to switch to different character, who was sniping.

From what they've said, and I'm a bit wary of this, is that you'll be able to switch between them instantaneously. You'll be able to just press a button, and you'll switch to a different character, going about their daily lives. The swap is instant, you don't have to go back to your safe-house. According to Game Informer, they witnessed a mission, where one of them repelled down a building and broke a window, then they got the opportunity to switch to different character, who was sniping.

Hmm, I see. That sounds interesting. So basically, you can play as a certain character, while the other 2 are being controlled by the AI, then switch to another one and have the AI take over the character you were just playing as. That sounds interesting. Could open up opportunities for a co-op campaign. But I wonder how they will handle the open world part, will you be able to mess around by yourself or will you be forced to have 2 others follow you around most of the time?

Oh gawd that looks beautiful. Almost makes me want to replace my old CRT television with a new HD one just for this game. Always have loved GTA games, I still play San Andreas and IV regularly, with the other titles not too far behind. San Andreas always was my favorite map of any of the games, I'm nearly bubbling over with excitement to see it re-imagined in updated graphics and gameplay.

GET HERE ALREADY

HERE IT IS TRAILER 2

So it looks like the characters are: The Rich Guy, The Bum Working his way up, The Street Gangster who wants to get out of the game.

They sound very interesting and I am really looking forward to how they handle the characters.

But why did they have to add dogs and pets? Now I have to feel bad about killing them :(

• Brohoof 1

HERE IT IS TRAILER 2

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vJiu15280A&feature=g-all-u

So it looks like the characters are: The Rich Guy, The Bum Working his way up, The Street Gangster who wants to get out of the game.

They sound very interesting and I am really looking forward to how they handle the characters.

But why did they have to add dogs and pets? Now I have to feel bad about killing them :(

No, the characters are: The guy who already made it big in the crime world and made it out with his freedom (the rich guy); that guy's best friend, Trevor, who is a psychopath (the guy who burned down the house); and the gang-banger in a post gang-banger world (the black guy). That's how Game Informer put it.

I'm really super excited for it. Especially after watching the second trailer. Hopefully, this time they'll bring back the Hunter and Rhino from SA. And some of the old cheat codes like making cars fly and bulletproof cars.

One of the things I'm most excited for about this game is animals. We've seen dogs in the second trailer, but they also mentioned wild life in the countryside in one article. It's gonna be so much fun to go hunt some deer with automatic guns and rocket launchers!

Also, I suppose that means that there's a possibility that they include ridable horses. It would be so badass to ride a horse in downtown Los Santos! This game is going to be amazing!

No, the characters are: The guy who already made it big in the crime world and made it out with his freedom (the rich guy); that guy's best friend, Trevor, who is a psychopath (the guy who burned down the house); and the gang-banger in a post gang-banger world (the black guy). That's how Game Informer put it.

Well, I saw the ''gang-banger'' as a much more calm, collected, and cool type who really doesn't seem enthusiastic about being a criminal anymore. And the psychopath is also a bum, so it doesn't really matter if I say it or not.

I'm getting pretty excited for this game. I never really liked IV but I really enjoyed San Andreas and Vice City. It's also nice to see that this game has a big map like the one in San Andreas. That's one of the main reasons I enjoyed San Andreas; a big map.

Definitively getting it for my PC, if anything it'll be like GTA 4's modding community which were and still kinda are AWESOME! Can't wait to see how the story will play out!

• 5 months later...

New trailers out today for GTA V

All I can say is I am impressed. I per-ordered the game to get my poster and i'll easily upgrade to a collectors edition like I did GTA IV. I think I like Michael's campaign more though..not a fan of the hood/hill billy archtype although Trevor's lines had me loling. I think Michael's is more representative of Tommy Vercetti from GTA Vice City.

• Brohoof 1

I'm so excited for this game! But no one told me there was a wine country you could go to.

EAT ALL THE GRAPES! WOOHOO!

Did I ever say I love grapes?