Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I think I need to rewatch the series

Discordian

Thanks to fan stuff my view on many of the characters has become quite skewed and I can't look at them without thinking of the fan-made material.

Pinkie Pie and Cupcakes, Rainbow Dash and Rocket to Insanity, there's so much Rarity and Tom stuff I see that I almost start thinking that's her canonically.

I know consciously that they are not like this at all but I can't help but look at them and think "What if..."

So a rewatch through the whole series should clear that up for me. lol

Anyone else ever had that issue with fan stuff?

I know what you mean. I haven't watched an episode since the last one aired and I can't keep canon and fanon straight anymore. When organizing my pony pictures I have to keep reminding myself that Octavia and Lyra arn't secondary characters, haha

Yeah, fanon tends to warp our perceptions of the characters if we stick around it a lot, much like how Cupcakes has the power to alter our thoughts on a certain somepony. These recollections are especially prevalent when thinking of background ponies who we've built backstories and personalities for. I don't think of of anything other than muffins, mail, or Dinky when I see Derpy, or pants when I look at Lyra. Although, I don't have a problem with this, as I because all of us love good BG pony fanon.

As for the grimdark fic you mentioned, it never happened, you just have to remind yourself that it's aaaalll fanfiction.

Edited by Pinkie Pie

lol I know, I'm well aware it's all fiction. I tell myself that all the time which is how I came to the conclusion I needed to rewatch it to restore the warm fuzzies I had for each character, including Pinkie. I LOVE Pinkie's cheerful nature and randomness but thanks to Cupcakes my subconscious imagination is going wildly out of control every time I see her bouncing or smiling. :P

I've thought about re-watching the series,which would have been a lot easier if I still had them all downloaded on my laptop. Since my system crashed about 2 weeks ago, it really puts into perspective how much data I lost since I had to do a full system recovery. But I definitely know what you mean. After seeing so much fan made material, it clouds our original judgements and ideas of the show. Reading all these grimdark and sad fics almost made me forget about the wholesomeness the show offered.

• Brohoof 1

I've thought about re-watching the series,which would have been a lot easier if I still had them all downloaded on my laptop. Since my system crashed about 2 weeks ago, it really puts into perspective how much data I lost since I had to do a full system recovery. But I definitely know what you mean. After seeing so much fan made material, it clouds our original judgements and ideas of the show. Reading all these grimdark and sad fics almost made me forget about the wholesomeness the show offered.

People don't write wholesome fanfiction?