Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Camping Trip (RP)

Sky

"No nothings wrong really, just go back to bed ill be there in a few." She said again wishing he would just go back to bed. She needed time to think, she needed to be by herself for a few minutes. She just needed space. She still wasnt completely sure how she felt. She looked over on the other side of camp and she saw Fetched. "Oh no, this is bad." She thought remembering him. She had just realized she actually likes him. But she was drawn more towards Yavolin. She looked back at Yavolin, "Go on, ill be there i promise." She said quietly so she wouldnt wake any pony who may have been asleep.

Yavolin went inside the tent and went back to sleep he began to wait on Stacy he knew something was up with her but he wasn't going to make her tell him if she wasn't ready to tell him what was bothering her then perhaps it was something personal he didn't care if it was not a big issue if she needed help he'll help her with any problem.

As Moonbeam trotted towards the meeting place with her towel, she stopped at Fetch's tent. She looked inside and saw him painting. "Wow, you are a wonderful artist!" she exclaimed. "By any chance would you like to take a break and go swimming with some of us? I'm sure you'd tons of new inspiration!"

While she said this, she saw how he was covered in splotches of paint, and she giggled a little at how silly he looked.

Edited by MelancholicMemory

((OOC: Okay, so I'm really bored, but Naturmatthe is out. I'll be out tomorrow, though. So, um, I'm going to cover for Airy Movement. Naturematthe, if you don't like this, then you can ignore and we can start over tomorrow. Also, you can be Windy Scamper while I'm gone tomorrow if you get bored like me. You have my permission. Anywho, Airy will be really basic for right now.))

Windy Scamper looked at the sky. She looked at Airy. "It's getting pretty late. We should head back to camp. Airy nodded, and he got in his wheelchair, packing up his instruments. It had been a fun night for both of them. Windy Scamper wondered what they should do tomorrow.

As they startes on the path, they ran into a group of ponies going the oppossite way. "Oh," Scamps said, slightly embarrassed. "Um, hi!"

Fetched was just adding the last stroke of color to his creation. He took a step back and studied the scene that was now splashed over the canvas. It was nowhere near the quality of his other works, but this had been nothing more then a quick outpouring of enjoyment. The scene depicted was of the forest and its many hues of greens and browns and blues. Butterflies, and dragonflies, and birds flew among the trees. Snakes slithered on the grass, a frog hopped away in the background, and a fox was casting whoever viewed the painting a sly look. Just as Fetched bent to let go of his paintbrush, he heard a voice and jumped. Fetched hadn't noticed the arrival of the new pony. He looked up at Moonbeam and grinned.

"Thank you. It's not one of my best, really, but I like scenes with lots of life in them and I had to get this one down," Fetched responded with a slight chuckle. At Moonbeam's offer to join them, his smile grew even wider. He cast a glance at his paint splattered body. The splotches of fresh paint stood out from his naturally occurring color and his mane was tangled with drying paint. "I would like that very much. Maybe I can get some of the paint out by going for a swim. I look a little ridiculous right now."

(OOC: I have no problem with it, and I dont think they will mind.)

"Hi." Star said, Happily. "I don't think we have met yet... My name is Star Song. Marisa and I were just about to go for a swim... I think Moonbeam and Sky might be coming as well." She said, Smiling at Windy Scamper and Airy Movement.

"Hi Star Song and Marisa!" Windy Scamper said chiperly. "I'm Windy Scamper, and this is my, uh, friend, Airy Movement. If you prefer, you could call me Scamps and him Airy." She introduced herself.

"You probably haven't seen us around much," Airy said. "We've been at the lake all day. We were just heading back."

While sitting by the campfire by her self. Stacy could here other ponies talking to each other but she didnt really notice it. She looked down at her instrument and picked it up. She then put it to her mouth and began to play. But this time she wasnt doing her normal song but was playing from her heart. It was slow and sad and it made her regret lying to Yavolin. When she finished she got up and walked back to her tent where he was at. She entered and sat away from him and let out a sad sigh. "I..lied about having a job. I just thought i wasnt ready and needed an excuse to not go." She began to cry silently. "Not only that but its impossible for me to get a job with a blank flank. No pony wants to hire a blank flank, and almost no pony wants to date one either. Im sorry for lying but...its just the whole blank flank thing has taken its toll on me and ive just been hiding it all these years. I-i hope you understand." After saying all of what she wanted to say she finally broke down and couldnt stop crying. She just needed some pony to hold her and never let go.

Yavolin heard what she had said so he put his hooves around her and gave her a kiss."Everything's going to be alright Stacy, i promise you i will find away for you to get a job , no pony should be treated less just because they are different". Yavolin let his bad wing go over her to show her his support for her.

Marisa nodded and smiled, "I don't ever really fly unless I can't get somewhere or its a really long distance. And it makes all my papers fly away" she joked. They were nearing the lake, she couldn't wait to dip into the cold waters of the lake after a short day. At least to her it was short. I mean seriously, this only lasted about 13 pages, that's short right? Breaking the fourth wall 101. Marisa noticed Windy and Airy passing bye, "Oh hey, hope you had a nice time, just about to take a swim there ourselves" she said and waved goodbye to them.

Edited by Ponyworld Destroyer

Airy and Scamps nodded, then began to head back to camp. There was desserted campfire that Scamps felt nervous about. Her and fire didn't exactly mix. She shook her head. 'Someone will attend to it.'

Airy and Scamps looked at each other. "Goodnight, Airy," Scamps whispered.

"Goodnight," Airy whispered back.

They kissed each other by the fire, neither one of them wanting to let go.

When Yavolin said he would get her a job it only infuriated her more. "You dont understand." She began, "I have tried every single opportunity i had and all them said no because im a blank flank. Its different when youre a filly and you going around to just help. At that age no one cares if you have a cutie mark or not. But after that its like youre not even part of society anymore. They just ignore you like you dont exist. Just dont waste your time making promises you cant keep." She paused for a while, "just hold me till i fall asleep. Please." She asked quietly trying to hold back tears.

(OOC: Hey Windy... You said that Airy would be kinda basic... a big kiss isn't really basic... Naturematthe may have had a different idea about what was going to happen.)

"Alrighty... I cant wait to jump in." She said, dropping her towel on the ground and dipping her hoof into the water to feel the temperature. "Its chilly... But it will be refreshing." She said, taking a couple steps into the lake then diving in all the way, Causing ripples to move across the lake.

Edited by Flame Dancer.

Yavolin held her giving her support in her hard time he loved Stacy and he knew he could get her a job it didn't seem right to him that no pony would hire her because she was just a blank flank. Yavolin spoke to her in a nice claim voice giving her a peace of mind."Stacy, no matter what i will always be there by your side from now till the end of time". Yavolin made eye contact to show he meant what he said, he held her in his hooves never letting go not for a single second.

Sky felt like there was really no point in swimming. He wasn't really that hungry either. So he climbed into the tent that Marisa had let him use and undid the flap. He layed there watching the stars. Sky then tried to fall asleep but couldn't, something was on his mind.

After a while of being held in his hooves Stacy had finally calmed down and stoped crying. It felt right to her to let him hold her. She eventualy closed her eyes and started to fall asleep not careing about anything else at the moment in time. She knew he is the one, and she loves him.

Yavolin fell asleep with Stacy he continued to hold her, he knew she was meant for him but should he tell her he knew his cottage was a little shabby and needed a good cleaning maybe when they go home him and Stacy can both clean up his house. Yavolin smiled and soon drifted off into a deep sleep.

• Brohoof 1

Marisa got hit by a few of the stray drops from the splash she created, she flinched and backed up, "Um... how cold is it in there? I don't want to freeze my flank off, and just those few drops were cold."

She put her towel next to Stars and walked over to the lake edge, it looked warmer than it really was, she wasn't really used to the cold, she would normally stay indoors a lot during winter, even if she did need to go out for food. She stuck her hoof in and almost instantly retracted it, "Eep, the way you just jumped in made it look easy and warm..." She hesitantly started to enter the lake, hoof by hoof, the longer she stayed in the warmer it seemed to be. "Oh what the hay, I'm not scared or anything" and with that she jumped in, it was cold at first, but her body quickly adapted, "Ooh, that's nice" she said and started to back pedal.

Edited by Ponyworld Destroyer
  • Brohoof 1

Star smiled and floated on her back, Spreading out her wings so she wouldn't tip over. "I love the night." She said, looking up at the moon.

"I may not be much of a camper but I sure am happy I came. Tomorrow will be fun... we should all go for a walk in the woods or something." She said, enthusiastically.

(OOC: So, ignore last night's post. I'm really bad at controlling other people,.which is why I can't take over the world. Let's pretend this happenned; walk back, in tents, blah blah blah))

Scamps lay awake on her sleeping bag. She wanted to tell Airy who she was. She felt it was unfair that he didn't really know her, about what her life was like.

Unable to sleep, Scamps stood up and walked over to Airy's tent. "Um, Airy? Can I talk to you?"

After such an exciting day Airy was glad to finally find some rest in his sleeping bag - or not. Even though it already had become dark, he wasn't able to fall asleep. This wasn't an unusual problem for him, as he often was kept awake by his thoughts, but other than this time they normally were sad, depressed, painful.

But not this time. For the first time in his life he was unable to sleep because of nice and pleasant thoughts.

Windy Scamper, or Scamps for short, had been able to make him forget about all the sadness he normally felt, especially when seeing pegasi fly around. She had been able to break his close-to perfect facade, to wake up feelings he naver had had before...

He had fallen in love.

Even though the reason why he was staying awake was a totally different one than usual, Airy did what he did most of the time he was unable to sleep - going outside, count the stars, catch some fresh air. Well, at least he was about to, but he was interrupted by Scamps appearing in front of his tent, asking him if she could talk to him.

"Oh, sure", he whispered. "Do you want to come in, or shall I come out?"

Edited by Naturematthe

"I'll come in," Scamps replied. She walked into his tent, sat down, and let out a heaby sigh. "I...I thought it would only be fair for you to know me. You're lucky, being a blank flank. When you get a cutie mark, you're bound to a talent, no matter what."

"My parents don't consider stage magic a real talent. They..." Scamps stammered as she began to let out tears. "They disowned me when I was 13, right after I got my cutie mark. They said it's not a real talent. Maybe...maybe they're right. All I do is make people feel astonished for an hour or so. I...I'm worthless!" At this point, Scamps was practically bawling, letting it all come out. "I...I don't even have a home. If I'm lucky, I have enough money to sleep in a hotel lobby. I cry myself to sleep...Tonight was the first time I wasn't feeling sad at sundown!"

"I was sick of life and how much other ponies hated me. I had no one." She chocked as she was about to reveal the ugly truth. She was sure Airy would hate her, or think of her as too much trouble afterwards. "I wanted life to be over. I didn't realize it was possible for a stallion to love me. But I knew that...that if I killed myself, it would raise too much comotion. But I figured that if I went out in the woods, everypony would just assume I got mauled by a bear. So...so when I saw an ad for a camping trip, I signed up."

She looked up at Airy, her face covered with tears after her bawling. "Airy, if it weren't for you and your love, I would be dead. I signed up for this trip so I could kill myself. I...I was going to slip out tonight. I...I was planning to kill myself tonight!" She burst into tears on the groun of Airy's tent.

All the things Scamps told Airy... It sounded so familiar, except that he hadn't been left by his parents. The mare he just had met earlier that day... They shared so many similarities. When she started telling about her plans she had had for this trip, Airy was able to imagine how she had to feel in this moment, all the time.

And then he realised what she had just told him. He was the reason why she hadn't commited suicide this night. Scamps, the pony that had been so cheerful all day, this mare had so much sadness inside... jsut like Airy.

He wrapped his forehoofs around her body to hug her. He didn't want her to cry now.

"Scamps", he whispered. "Don't cry. Believe me, I know what you must have been through. But now that you told me your story, I'll tell you mine."

"You know, before my accident I was named 'the best young flier to ever have come out of Cloudsdale', and they weren't kidding. Even several famous pegasi said that. And then I lost everything in that accident. I'll never be able to fly any more, I'll never be named that ever again. I have been thinking about suicide as well, I even attempted it once, and I am sure I would have attempted it again if..."

He took a deep breath. "...if you hadn't been here.

Scamps, for me you are anything but worthless. You made me feel better than ever before, not only since my accident. I... I love you, I guess."

Airy somehow was sure that kissing her would have been fitting into the situation, but he still lacked the courage, so he kept hugging her.

Scamps cuddled next to Airy. She looked up at him, her eyes filled with tears. "We'll get through this...get through everything...together."

She knew that there was still so much to tell, like her fear of fire and the accident that made the fear appear, but she didn't want to talk. She just wanted to stay in Airy's arms. 'Maybe tomorrow, when we aren't so sad, when we have another chance to talk.' Scamps thought.

She looked back up at Airy. "I love you too," she replied as she laid her head on his shoulder, her tears starting to go away.

Edited by Windy Scamper

Airy relished this moment, having Scamps in his hoofs, just holding the mare he loved so much. If it had been up to him, he would have spent the whole night hugging her...

If it had been up to him...

"Scamps... There is something I want to ask you. It's something very... private, but..." He tried to find the right words.

"You know, since my parents still work in Cloudsdale and I can't live up there, my parents bought a little cabin for me to live in... and it's more than big enough for me... and you don't have a place to live..."

Directly asking her would just have been too much for Airy to do now, just a few hours after having met her for the first time.