Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

-

Link is my favorite

Hm, I have been a fan of MLP for... Right around 6 months. I found out about MLP when the term of" brony" popped on the internet, and I was a brony hater from there, but one night, I was curious and wanted to do a brony study, so I watched 2 episodes, and top my surprise, it was awesome. That snowballed from there.

Hm, I have been a fan of MLP for... Right around 6 months. I found out about MLP when the term of" brony" popped on the internet, and I was a brony hater from there, but one night, I was curious and wanted to do a brony study, so I watched 2 episodes, and top my surprise, it was awesome. That snowballed from there.

I've been a fan since early 2011 but I never really got into the Brony community until months ago and really when I signed up here in September.

Still love the show with all my heart and it's truly an awesome creation.

Since August 2011. I've watched bits and pieces of the previous generations. Some of G1 is charming in the same way that old Thunder Cats cartoons are charming. Overall, though I must say that I found the franchise pretty nauseating.

The main reason I connected to G4 was two things that collided in just the right amounts at just the right time: good production values (writing, animation, voice acting) and a good fan community (witty, relatively mature (sometimes) and loyal). Without either of those, I would have relegated the show to the trash heap without a second thought. But I didn't, and the show/community are a big part of me now.

Edited by NLR Information Minister

Ha ha, I feel like such a newbie compared to you all. I became a fan about halfway through last August, but it was kinda incubating for a couple months before that. Around May I began surfing TV Tropes aimlessly, and I happened to notice that MLP was referenced freakishly often, even in places where I would never have expected it to be referenced in. I sort of started to think that it must be an interesting show if it has all these different elements in it and so many people interested in it. And then in August I was watching an Epic Rap Battle of History and one of the recommended videos was of of Micthemicrophone's Epic Pony Rap Battles of Equestria, and my first thought essentially amounted to "LOL, what?" So I clicked on it and thought it was hilarious even if I didn't understand any of the references. Than I looked at some PMV's out of curiosity, the first of which introduced me to the best pony, and then I had to watch an episode, and then I had to watch ALL the episodes by which time I realized that I was hooked.

I've only been watching since Gen 4. And I've only been a fan really for 4-5 months I think? I dunno exactly I just know I've been on the forums about 3 months, and I was only a fan for like a month or two before.

I have seen clips from the older ones, but to be honest I don't think I'd enjoy them at all.(especially not G3.)

G3 was just scary... They... I don't even know.... How did that become MLP? Are they even ponies anymore? Not mutated human monster creatures? :angry:

I can totally understand not liking them, they were definitely good at their prime, but not now.

Well to be totally fair I haven't seen any full episodes of any Gen minus 4, but I don't really feel like I have to or anything, however the ponys i've seen pictures and stuff of in G3 and all look almost more like very mutated horse things..? They look very odd, the style for them is just plain ugly, not to mention hearing how much the shows story and stuff sucks in G3.

I heard G1 was ok, didn't hear much about gen 2. But again I'm fine with sticking to G4.

I started as a brony around the end of season 2

But my first interaction with ponys would be...

Playing with a roller coaster mlp set... I think it was g3... Idk but I was playing it with my cousins... (Not that I had a choice)... Then went to the tv and watched mlp...(not FiM)

But that was long time ago...

about 11 months, I started watching these back in January. I heard a lot of people on the internet were bronies... and well it seemed something as ridiculous like that could escalate so quickly so I decided to look at it myself. Since then I've been a massive pony fan haha

For me, I would say right after I went to the Sunday of SDCC 2012 in July, so I guess you can consider me fresh.

I was familiar with its existence months before that. Just because it was so funny and interesting, I was going to pick up the Derpy exclusive, yet it had already sold out the day before! Days afterwards I wanted to check MLP out and started watching the show in chronological order.

"That episode" is another topic. ;)

I did a google search on comparisons and found this...

http://images5.fanpo...0-1600-1320.jpg

It's... odd and I didn't even notice a lot of that.

Gen 2 was kind of a flop, they ponies were thinner, and had cutie marks on both sides, along with a gem in their eyes if I remember.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPn0Sll3I7k

And this is the intros from 1-now. I think it's interesting to watch the show change so much. It went from a girly show about ponies (Their laughs, haha) to a show for anyone about friendship.

The art styles between Gen 1 2 and 3 all look more horse like, and the art style in Gen 4 looks more well. Idk it just looks better and makes more sense. Even if ponys are technically very alike looking to horses. Thats the main difference I see between the Generations. Also interesting to see charactors who evolved into the ones for G4. Also the concept arts which are in the G4 style but the G 3 Color scheme's look cool.

The show has certainly come a long way, I can remember back when I didn't know anything about the show, and before G4 was out anyways. And all I thought about was how girly and dumb it was, and now well.. A few years later I'm a brony. I don't think i'd have seen that one coming back then :P.

• Brohoof 1

Been a brony for a year now. Joined the herd back in october last year. Hadn't heard of the show until' someone posted a vid on another forum I used back then. So I checked out the vid, and later watched the first few episodes... and you know the rest. :P

• Brohoof 1

Not really sure when did I crossed that bridge to get here... If I recalled correctly, I started watching the show a few days before Season Two hit the screen :wacko:

Being a fan earlier doesn't really say anything though. It's just means that you get a larger portion of weirdness from this fandom Posted Image

Started mid this year, when an ex of mine gave me back a copied version of the my little pony movie i had made for her years ago (I seriously think she was trying to get me back, bad luck for her I saw right through her facade), then decided to look up youtube videos (for my stepdaughter) and came across the most recent version... really liked the feel of the show, the morals of the characters and the message about friendhsip and such it put out. To me it is one of the only good kid's shows these days... so yeah...

Between the first and second seasons. I saw the "Flutterguy" clip on Youtube, and became curious about the show. Somehow or other, the whole first season ended up on my hard drive. Then I accidentally burned it to a DVD, and I started watching from episode one. I was hooked by episode two. I was a little disappointed that they didn't continue with a main story arc though. At least we had three episodes leading into the Grand Galloping Gala!