PurpleBaconEater

I was watching the preview for the next mlp episode, featuring trixie with her "new" cloak. I am sure we have all heard of the speculations that king sonar survived and is now controlling trixie. (Like voldemort and quirrell!)

But then something shocking happened. One thing I didn't know abou the episode. SPOILER-> I read the synopsis and it said: Synopsis:

When Trixie makes her way back to Ponyville, as "Great and Powerful" as ever, she decides to prove her might once and for all by challenging and defeating Twilight Sparkle in a duel of magic, causing the latter pony to be exiled from the town.

TWILIGHT! She is exiled! I panicked and flipped out the entire way here! I don't even know what to say! Please tell me I not the only one!

Thoughts?

• Brohoof 4

Oh my god, this is going to be so awesome. If this is what the episode is going to be like, then I'll gladly wake up early on Saturday to watch it. First, Sombra returns, and then Twilight is exiled? Awesome! I can't even describe my feelings in words, so have this.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I actually just though that just maybe that neckless Trixe is wearing is probably some sort of remnant of King Sombra, and hes still alive in it. So maybe it could be true.

or i 'm just being silly and the neckless is completely irrelevant to King Sombra.

I'm betting my money that it's the necklace that Trixie's wearing that's giving her these evil powers. But just the thought that King Sombra is controlling Trixie through the necklace just doesn't click in my mind... unless King Sombra will be a villain that would be apparent in most of the episodes. Now THAT would be fun to watch!

To everyone who doesn't know about the whole sombra-trixie business. Allow me to explain:

In the season premier when sombra tries to get into the crystal empire he is stopped by cadence's shield but, I believe, a piece of his horn or something made it in. This piece of him began to contaminate the empire. Encroaching sombra's essence inside cadence's force field. So later, at the end of the premier when sombra is "officially" beaten and exploded.... It shows a shot of his still-intact-horn flying out of the wreckage. So then in all of the preview pics of this coming episode it shows trixie sporting a new cloak with a clasp with the same exact colour scheme and style of sombra. Not only that but I the preview vid, her eyes glow red as well. It was already made evident that sombra can still affect an area with only a tiny piece of him. Not needing the whole entity to be present. So it is possible that his horn someway. Somehow made it to trixie and is now affecting her. Wether she was already truly evil and he is just enhancing that or she was just pathetic and he is controlling her and making her evil, I don't know. But I'm excited

Edited by PurpleBaconEater
  • Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure Sombra is going to end up an overarching Season 3 story arch, although I doubt he'll re-appear in person (or is that 'in unicorn' :blink: ) until the finale, if he does. After all, as PurpleBaconEater said, we do see his horn presumably survive the explosion, so there's still dark magic a-foot, and I'm sure Trixie would be the one to use this to cheat in a magic duel, whether truly possessed or not.

I thought Trixie's necklace had something to do with Sombra when I saw the preview too. Not only is the crystal inside the same colour as his horn, but it also appears to have some kind of molding of a male unicorn with glowing eyes attached to it, which seems to suggest a connection right there

• Brohoof 2

I don't know why but the whole episode looks like it could've been treated as a two parter for some reason. I figured that Trixie would be using some remenant of King Sombras power as we've seen his horn being blasted away somewhere in the season 3 premire. I guess it's safe to say Trixie proprably found it his horn which turned into a necklace and uses it's dark magic power which in turn maybe not possess her but definetly corrupt Trixie in some way.

Edited by ~Chaotic Harmony~

I'm quite sure the horn will play some part later in the new season. It would be very interesting if this had something to do with Trixie as well.

I'm no film/TV expert, but might this be a Chekhov's Gun? Correct me if i'm wrong.

If that is what happens that would be amazing. Something i have noticed their is alot of dark magic happening this season. I think at some point twilight is going to loose control of her new found dark magic abilities and end up... well actually that seems to be as far as my train of thought has gone just have to wait and see I guess .

• Brohoof 2

@@mycarhasaMoustache,

That's kind of what i was thinking about as well looks like dark magic is making such a big part of season 3 and since Twilight has already used it im pretty sure using Dark Magic has some reprocussions to it. They must call it dark/shadow magic for a reason like maybe the more the pony uses dark magic the more corrupted they get with it's power. In my theroy i think the "Magic Duel" episode might shine some light there or maybe even the finale as soon as we know what it's about.

• Brohoof 1

@@mycarhasaMoustache,

That's kind of what i was thinking about as well looks like dark magic is making such a big part of season 3 and since Twilight has already used it im pretty sure using Dark Magic has some reprocussions to it. They must call it dark/shadow magic for a reason like maybe the more the pony uses dark magic the more corrupted they get with it's power. In my theroy i think the "Magic Duel" episode might shine some light there or maybe even the finale as soon as we know what it's about.

That is exactly where my train of thought was heading it just didn't make any sense in my head lol. No matter what ends up happening its going to be pretty interesting. lets face it twilight has got to have some issues, in the Chrystal empire part one she is introduced to dark magic, in part 2 she uses dark magic, in episode 3 she commits genocide. Im pretty convinced there will be something to do with the use of dark magic.

I'm thinking that any mention/reuse of dark magic will be held until the season finale. Guessing they will just show that Trixie has 'found' some magic artifact which is the cause of her increased power and not actually go in to any link between it and the Dark Magic/Sombra thingum. Or if they do, it will be a very subtle hint.

Could possibly be related to Sombra, but it's been pointed out that the necklace looks a lot like a twisted version of the Elements of Harmony... or you know, it could be something totally new, which would be better. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Lets think it this way, why did they show his horn fly away intact when it was clearly established that it can regenerate and transform into a crystal? if they just replaced his horn with simple rock or something we wouldn't be having this conversation! why show the horn and make everyone speculate if they have no intention of making him return? that is why i strongly believe we will be seeing more of him may it be in person or a magical artifact.

• Brohoof 2

Galaxy, is everything that happens in the show "Fan Service" to you? I just noticed you were complaining about Trixies eyes turning red. Maybe chill a little?

Anyway, if it is King Sombra, it would be the first time in any of the seasons where there is a central villain throughout the entire season. I'm pretty sure the magick she's weilding belongs to Sombra but I don't think he is controling her. Trixie was arrogant before and humiliated last time she was in ponyville. If she found something that made her truely powerful, she seems the type to come back a get revenge, no King Sombra possession required.

I hope in the end Twilight Sparkle kicks her ass......

• Brohoof 3

Galaxy, is everything that happens in the show "Fan Service" to you? I just noticed you were complaining about Trixies eyes turning red. Maybe chill a little?

Anyway, if it is King Sombra, it would be the first time in any of the seasons where there is a central villain throughout the entire season. I'm pretty sure the magick she's weilding belongs to Sombra but I don't think he is controling her. Trixie was arrogant before and humiliated last time she was in ponyville. If she found something that made her truely powerful, she seems the type to come back a get revenge, no King Sombra possession required.

I hope in the end Twilight Sparkle kicks her ass......

Let's just say I don't have high expectations for this season. If I want a season long overarching story I won't watch a slice of life cartoon.

Let's just say I don't have high expectations for this season. If I want a season long overarching story I won't watch a slice of life cartoon.

Have faith....the season has only just begun. ;)

Maybe it will surprise you and be totally amazing in the end. Ya never know. Cheers!!!

*sigh*

I know I have said this many times before, and maybe I sound like a bit of a broken record, but I absolutely DESPISE Trixie. I honestly don't get all the hype about her. She is such a bitch and the only time I found her entertaining was when she was voiced by Marcus Phoenix and Bender. Still hated her, even then.

I honestly cannot believe they are giving this character another episode, or that anyone would even want her back at all! She is a cruel, lying, manipulative pony and I couldn't hate her more.

I personally don't like Trixie at all and I have been considering not even watching the episode at all because of this hatred for such an unlikable character. I may watch it, but only if I learn that it is super important to what is to come.

• Brohoof 1

well one thing is for sure for me...i am going to be scared of this episode...not because i this will be a bad episode, infact i think it will be a fantastic episode, it's just that...Trixie defeating Twilight, exiling her Ponyville, and then appearently taking over the town? that whole idea just...makes me nervous...i'm sensing heartache already...

• Brohoof 2