What is your opinion on Babs Seed?

ColourShine

After watching the most recent episode, I found I loved the new filly to bits.

I just loved how she gained her confidence at the end.

But when I asked my boyfriend, he was really confused. He couldn't understand why I liked her.

So I want to know your opinions.

Is Babs really a Bad Seed? Or am I right to love her?

I completely understand your love for Babs.  I really like her too.

Babs is actually a great girl at heart, but she bullied the CMC so she wouldn't get bullied.  That's not the right thing to do, of course, but that was her reason for it - it isn't because she really is a "bad seed."  Towards the end of the episode, we find that out, and she and the CMC patch up all their bullying issues between one another.  It's hard to admit that you bullied someone, and why, if that's not something you would usually do.  It's both embarrassing and it makes you feel bad.  So it was really great that they were able to befriend one another after all of that was cleared up.

And what she did to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon . . . ha!  That made me like Babs even more, personally.

Plus, she just looks really unique and adorable, and I love her voice.  She's not your average Apple, that's for sure!  And now she's the leader of a new branch of the CMC.   :)   I think that's pretty cool.

• Brohoof 4

I completely understand your love for Babs.  I really like her too.

Babs is actually a great girl at heart, but she bullied the CMC so she wouldn't get bullied.  That's not the right thing to do, of course, but that was her reason for it - it isn't because she really is a "bad seed."  Towards the end of the episode, we find that out, and she and the CMC patch up all their bullying issues between one another.  It's hard to admit that you bullied someone, and why, if that's not something you would usually do.  It's both embarrassing and it makes you feel bad.  So it was really great that they were able to befriend one another after all of that was cleared up.

And what she did to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon . . . ha!  That made me like Babs even more, personally.

Plus, she just looks really unique and adorable, and I love her voice.  She's not your average Apple, that's for sure!  And now she's the leader of a new branch of the CMC.   :)   I think that's pretty cool.

You see, that's exactly why I love her to bits. I got bullied myself, so I understand it can be a struggle. But her ability to stand up for herself and the CMC at the end just showed how much she'd matured from that experience. As I keep telling myself - "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". And Babs is a good example of this. :)

My boyfriend, however, didn't think this excused her from her poor behaviour to begin with. >.>

I still harbor some rage because she made Sweetie Belle cry, but I suppose she isn't too bad. Seems to be a rather personality-less character, though. She just goes from generic bully to generic bullied.

• Brohoof 2

Still can't find it in me to like her. Can't forgive the way she acted, no matter how she was treated previously. She showed no regret at hurting her would be friends and family member whilst actually performing the acts of cruelty and was only at the end when they saved her from embarrassment that she 'changed'.

At the end of the day, it showed that she only cared about what others thought of her. That's how I see it at any rate.

• Brohoof 2

You see, that's exactly why I love her to bits. I got bullied myself, so I understand it can be a struggle. But her ability to stand up for herself and the CMC at the end just showed how much she'd matured from that experience. As I keep telling myself - "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". And Babs is a good example of this. :)

My boyfriend, however, didn't think this excused her from her poor behaviour to begin with. >.>

I was bullied quite a bit as well, up until I reached high school, where it wasn't nearly as bad.  I think that's one of the reasons I like Babs so much, too.  We can relate to her.  And that doesn't necessarily excuse her behaviour - and she knows that, and so do the CMC.  Bullying someone because they bullied you isn't the right thing to do, and they both matured from that experience exponentially, since they were able to realize that, then move past it and become friends.  That's pretty admirable, if you ask me. 

At the start of the episode I 

I still harbor some rage because she made Sweetie Belle cry, but I suppose she isn't too bad. Seems to be a rather personality-less character, though. She just goes from generic bully to generic bullied.

At the beginning of the episode I thought meh when she made sweetie bell cry I hated her By the end of the episode I was back to meh I totally agree she is lacking personality. so overall my opinion of her is meh

At the beginning of the episode I thought meh when she made sweetie bell cry I hated her By the end of the episode I was back to meh I totally agree she is lacking personality. so overall my opinion of her is meh

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache

Needs more character development. Maybe I'll like her if she's in future episodes.

All I know is that my current opinion of her is whelmed.

At the start of the episode I 

So a lot of Bronies think she is under developed. Do you think she'll come back, or is this the last we've seen of that 'Bad city attitude'?

So a lot of Bronies think she is under developed. Do you think she'll come back, or is this the last we've seen of that 'Bad city attitude'?

I think she will come back at some point I mean look at trixie shes back (unfortunately) Lets face it its way easier and cheaper to just write a story about a character you already have as apposed to making an entirely new character. 

I think she will come back at some point I mean look at trixie shes back (unfortunately) Lets face it its way easier and cheaper to just write a story about a character you already have as apposed to making an entirely new character. 

That is true, but it also depends on the hype from the fans. I've noticed that if the fans desperately want to see a particular character again, they're more likely to make an appearance. Its how Derpy got her debut, and how Luna (and Trixie) were more developed as well. And on top of this, Pinkie Pie breaks the fourth wall and physics a lot more too. Not many people seemed wowed by Babs Seed so I'm not 100% sure she'll pop up any time soon.

That is true, but it also depends on the hype from the fans. I've noticed that if the fans desperately want to see a particular character again, they're more likely to make an appearance. Its how Derpy got her debut, and how Luna (and Trixie) were more developed as well. And on top of this, Pinkie Pie breaks the fourth wall and physics a lot more too. Not many people seemed wowed by Babs Seed so I'm not 100% sure she'll pop up any time soon.

Thats true you may have a point their I do think the episode on bullying was a very important episode and the lesson being if your being bullied find help was also immensely important BUT who knows if she will return, I sort of hope she dose just because I would like to see her develop somewhat of a personality but then again if she didnt come back I probably wouldn't miss her.

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be great if, later, she appeared in an episode with her accrued CMC members, and introduced them to the main CMC.  Then they went on some sort of adventure.  I have no idea what they would do or what would happen, but I think it would be kinda cool if Babs got her cutie mark, but stayed as the leader of that branch to help others do the same.

• Brohoof 2

I think it would be great if, later, she appeared in an episode with her accrued CMC members, and introduced them to the main CMC.  Then they went on some sort of adventure.  I have no idea what they would do or what would happen, but I think it would be kinda cool if Babs got her cutie mark, but stayed as the leader of that branch to help others do the same.

I do have a theory that the season in which the CMC get their cutie marks is evidence that the MLP:FiM generation is coming to a close. The makers could always be cruel and never let them find their cutie marks, but it'd leave all the fans disappointed.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly didnt like her, though i did like the episode as a whole. :wub: Golden Sweetie belle is smashing Sweetie Belle.

But her design seemed rather thrown together, her color scheme seemed off to me, she had the wrong accent, she didnt really face any consequences--though that actually is  a good thing, realistic but sends a confusing message--  and she did not develop. at all. Well, partially developed into a bully, then reverted back to how she would have acted on a normal basis as she was being bullied at home. So that negates any devopment. I do not like her, and hope this is her only appearence. <_<

Edited by SkyeRibbonPony
  • Brohoof 2

Guys, what if Babs actually did expand the CMC to Manehatten, and then there are more members, until it gets so big, 20+ fillies are in the CMC??? O_O

Then again, what will happen when they all find their cutie marks.

Riddle me that, OP.

Dude. no. i mean yes. but dude.

Babs finds a ton of members and is turning out all these success stories and the original CMC jealous lol

As a person that was bullied A LOT as a kid, (mercilessly) I see her as a very weak person/pony. It takes a strong person to take bullying and not turn into one yourself in the process, which is what she and most disapointedly, the CMC's did. There stands a fine fine line between standing up for oneself and bullying, and they all crossed it. And the worst part is, when Babs was given the choice between siding with the bullies or standing with family and new friends who would have stood up for her in the proper way to begin with, she decided to go with the bullies, which is a statement about her character. She's the weak follower type who runs with whatever crowd she perceives to be the the strongest, and most likely to protect her, even though it's the wrong crowd. And that is pathetic weakness and a deep character flaw in anypony.

The ability to stand up for ones self and maintain your own dignity and self power without becoming what you hate (a bully)is what rises you above them, and makes you a better person. Eleanor Roosevelt said it best: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." And Babs gave the bullies all the power, which is what ALL bullies want. So no. I don't like her, even after her "reform" at the end. Sorry :/ 

Edited by Bunny_San
  • Brohoof 2

Guys, what if Babs actually did expand the CMC to Manehatten, and then there are more members, until it gets so big, 20+ fillies are in the CMC??? O_O

Then again, what will happen when they all find their cutie marks.

Riddle me that, OP.

Imagine it extending across the pony world. Blank flanks EVERYWHERE are a member of the secret society hidden underneath the movement of everyday life... I feel like I'm making them sound like the Illuminati...

• Brohoof 3

Well then, what happens when the original CMC finds their cutie marks as well?

Will Sweetie Bell learn magic?

Will chicken fly?

Will Pinkie Pie save Equestria?

We'll never know for sure.

Then they'll probably change their club name to Cutie Mare Cheerleaders.

• Brohoof 2