Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The Cunningham Topic: FOR NINJA EYES ONLY!

DJShy

I Decided to make a topic specificity for fans of 'Randy Cunningham: 9th grade ninja! I have only two things else to say:

1st, FREE BROHOOFS FOR NINJAS AND NINJANOMICON USERS!

and 2nd: SMOKE BOMB!!! *Disappears in a cloud of red smoke*

I'll be honest, it just seems like another one of those stereotypical 'bleh' cartoons, where you turn on the tv and think, "What in the world is on?" 

I prefer Danny Phantom. Just my opinion.

I'll be honest, it just seems like another one of those stereotypical 'bleh' cartoons, where you turn on the tv and think, "What in the world is on?"

I prefer Danny Phantom. Just my opinion.

I'm not gonna start a fan war with you over your opinions, but as long as he doesn't use intangiblity, the ninja could kick DP butt.

I'm not gonna start a fan war with you over your opinions, but as long as he doesn't use intangiblity, the ninja could kick DP butt.

Maybe he could. I was just saying... They seem awfully similar. Except Randy Cunningham seems to be caught up in the 'WTF' reaction I usually find from modern cartoons. I'm not really dissing it... We are all entitled to our own opinions... But... I just don't get how this show is supposed to be appealing. I did try it, and I was like, "wut." 

It may be a generalisation, but it's accurate. Today's cartoons are usually kinda 'eh' in my opinion, compared to older ones like, say... Spongebob... Or DP. Or Airbender.

Edit:

Edited by Descant

Maybe he could. I was just saying... They seem awfully similar. Except Randy Cunningham seems to be caught up in the 'WTF' reaction I usually find from modern cartoons. I'm not really dissing it... We are all entitled to our own opinions... But... I just don't get how this show is supposed to be appealing. I did try it, and I was like, "wut."

It may be a generalisation, but it's accurate. Today's cartoons are usually kinda 'eh' in my opinion, compared to older ones like, say... Spongebob... Or DP. Or Airbender.

Spongebob i used to like. Not anymore. No reason behind it.

Airbender, hated that show! Never could get myself to like it.

DP, however, is a good show, I'll give you that! But I like ninjas better than grosts.

Excuse my poor spelling skills.

• 5 years later...
(edited)

I find the show watchable. The action scenes are pretty good and some of the character voices are recognizable.

Another thing I noticed was Miraculous Ladybug has some of the same elements. The black and red colors of the hero costumes. Japanese origins of the powers. Keep identity a secret. High school setting. Students and adults are turned after suffering some negative experience. Defeating the turned people involves destroying the anchor item. Though Randy not magically fixing the damage does make it more realistic.

Edited by Singe