Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Autistic brony insult?

I have seen a ton of hater youtube comments saying, "bronies are autistic neckbeard fatass fags." 

I have no idea where they got autistic from. How the hell does watching a show give you a disability? 

I don't even-

not forgetting the two worst insults we like kids and have some sick apetite for ponies. Its funny how low they would become just because we like a cartoon they know nothing of. And they think us stupid.

If the joke is either too strong for your comedic taste or it flies over you, than keep ignoring it. Jokes are jokes, and if you don't have the galls to enjoy it or can't seem to keep up with the level of vulgarity, than why intrude?

There should not be a single subject to not be made into a joke. Everyone has the right to make a joke about anything. It is up to the person to decide wether or not they would enjoy it.

If the joke is either too strong for your comedic taste or it flies over you, than keep ignoring it. Jokes are jokes, and if you don't have the galls to enjoy it or can't seem to keep up with the level of vulgarity, than why intrude?

There should not be a single subject to not be made into a joke. Everyone has the right to make a joke about anything. It is up to the person to decide wether or not they would enjoy it.

sorry but I have to say being called a child abuser is not what I would consider a joke and being called autistic isnt funny either since many suffer from autism. Im not interested in arguing but being knsulted isnt really a laughing matter.

• Brohoof 1

sorry but I have to say being called a child abuser is not what I would consider a joke and being called autistic isnt funny either since many suffer from autism. Im not interested in arguing but being knsulted isnt really a laughing matter.

Than the joke is either too strong for your tolerance and need to leave the area immediately.

Everyone has a right to say what they want, when they want. Preventing someone from doing what they want to do breaks the first amendment right of free speech.

I'll be honest I'm autistic however not too bad  and this honestly just gets to me if they are using (Autistic) as a insult they are basically saying that autistic people are stupid which honestly hurts am I stupid? no? are bronies? no 

often when people say that people are autistic (as a insult) they are pretty much calling them childish and all...

Well I will say just because I'm autistic does NOT mean I am stupid childish or whatever they see it as

people don't understand that just because well some people are autistic does NOT mean anything bad 

myself I am artistic/creative, social, friendly, many things really

to me at least it honestly hurts but I guess haters gonna hate nothing we can really do....

Edited by Everleaf

Everyone has a right to say what they want, when they want. Preventing someone from doing what they want to do breaks the first amendment right of free speech.

I am 100% opposed to censorship as well but just because someone has the right to say something dosen't always mean they should and dosen't mean that we have to like or approve of what they say. If someone says something stupid I will respect their legal right to say it but that dosen't mean I won't call them on their BS.

• Brohoof 3

I just read a hater describing us as autistic on a watchmojo video:

I can see why they choose autism as the insult, A.S folks can be a little on the quirky side sometimes.

But I wouldn't pay any attention to some hater, haters often just like to insult and discredit people and aren’t worth the time of day.

• Brohoof 1

Than the joke is either too strong for your tolerance and need to leave the area immediately.

I dunno as free speech doesnt give somebody the right to hurt others which is what we are discussing. These insults are not meant as a joke they are meant as exactly what I said an insult. Would you like to be called a pedophile just because you watch a cartoon or called a retard because ive been called that and worse and its not something to laugh about no matter who you are.

• Brohoof 1

Apparently because we like a girls show we have some mental disability. It's now a stereotype sadly. And apparently autism is now something for people to laugh about :okiedokielokie:

I for one call this people assholes

And btw these haters become quite enraged if you ignore them its quite funny actually :)

• Brohoof 1

It saddens me greatly to see such insults such a autistic and retarded, I have an autistic little brother and it is hard not only for me and my mom but for him as well, some of the people that say this stuff really have no idea how it would feel to be autistic of have a autistic little sibling. I would a have blocked communications and muted him. Some people need to realise how sensitive of a insult it is to people that have these type of problems.

I hope one day people will learn.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

I have seen the wors autism used as an insult not just in my little pony, but also in other fandoms, and on YouTube as well. I have high functioning autism and I find it offensive. They are throwing it arond like they do with the n word and the "gay" word. These people just want to bring others down.

Einstein was autistic. Having autism doesn't make anyone better or worse, it's just a different way of seeing things.

What are the checkmarks on the side of each post for? Are they like thumbs up, or is it for reporting people?

I really don't like how the term autistic is being thrown around. The people who use it are uneducated trolls who feed off others like a leech. Autism spectrum shouldn't be used as an insult. It stigmatizes those who have autism and also bronies. I myself have high functioning autism.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ22ftMh2qc

About one in 100 people will be diagnosed with some form of autism. It's just a different way of seeing things.

Apparently because we like a girls show we have some mental disability. It's now a stereotype sadly. And apparently autism is now something for people to laugh about :okiedokielokie:

I for one call this people assholes

And btw these haters become quite enraged if you ignore them its quite funny actually :)

Brohoof! /)

I agree that these people shouldn't use a developmental disorder as an insult. They're just uneducated jerks.

Edited by Microghost
  • Brohoof 1

Once an insult is common, it will be used because it takes less effort to reuse than create. Memes work in a similar way, taking something already commonplace and reapplying it to new situations. MUSIC works in a similar way, taking a template (a "genre") and applying one's own ideas to said template.

It's just how people think.

So during my adventures on xbox and pc multiplayer games, I have noticed that on more than one occasion, haters continuously call me an autistic brony. Of course, brony hating insults don't hurt me but I was confused as per why someone would insult another person with autism and why bronies are insulted to have autism.

So I'm asking you guys if you have ever been insulted similarly, heard of where the insult originated or if this is just a coincidence. 

I think it's quite obvious you would be dealing with trolls. Best thing is to mute them.

Using a disorder(autism) and/or a disease(cancer) as an insult is pretty pathetic. Autism is not, and never will be an insult. People need to quit thinking that you're autistic, just because you like something that's targeted for children.

If someone calls you "autistic" or "cancer" as an insult, it just shows they have no good insults. Same with the word "fag."

Edited by Mr. TSB
  • Brohoof 2

Using a disorder(autism) and/or a disease(cancer) as an insult is pretty pathetic. Autism is not, and never will be an insult. People need to quit thinking that you're autistic, just because you like something that's targeted for children.

Pretty much what I wanted to say. A disorder is not and should not be used as an insult. It insults people who have the disorder more so than the one being called it, as it implies something is inherently wrong with said disorder.

• Brohoof 3

• 6 months later...

To my understanding, "autistic" as an insult is from 4chan, and it implies a childish and obsessive personality to a toxic degree.

I accept its use because I can tell the difference between 4chan's autism and actual autism, so I don't consider it an insult to the autistic. We use other disability metaphors like "are you blind / deaf" all the time and that's not an insult to blind / deaf people so.

Edited by Lucky Shot

To be fair, a LOT of bronies do have autism or a form there of, partially why many of them are drawn to the show. The show appeals to those with autism's sensory. A similar instance happens with the Sonic fandom.

It doesn't mean people should use that as an insult.

They do it because they feel tough. No-one can come to their house and physically harm them. Once a troll has that privledge, theres no stopping the insults. 

I would just recommend to mute them. You don't have that feature on PC, sadly. So be sure to use it wisely.