Should there be a 7th pony?

Phoenix237

Wouldn't Spike qualify as the seventh pony(or dragon)? Personally I don't think there should be a new main pony as it just seems unecessary, unless they pull a Toph and do it really really really really really really well

Edited by Megas75

I dont think that a new element would be a good move for them. it would just throw off the whole premise of the elements. a secondary main character like spike would be cool. I also think that it should be male. Spike sits alone as the only male mane character. I dont know, i just feel like he should have something along the lines of a partner in crime.

Edited by irobern2857

I don't think this should/would happen.

Spike would be the closest thing to a "7th pony."  I think if Hasboro wanted to go that route, they would mature Spike (E.T.A. S5?) and Twilight would start bringing him along and he would be involved a lot more than he is now.

The reason I don't want this to happen, is because if you mature him, then everything else changes.

It would be mega-tighty-squeezy to add a 7th. Kind of reminds me of Thomas in Regular Show. He's the new guy and all but so far he hasn't done much. I gave him some time to develop, but in the Christmas special they really missed a big chance for him to shine and was hardly there at all.

I'm getting off-topic. No. It would be pushing it to add a new mane pony. I'd be especially pissed if Derpy was that new character.

• Brohoof 1

I think that if they did, it should be a stallion, that'd be really cool, and it'd throw a lot of people off. Also, it would mean more character shipping, gotta love that.

Clearly you are not thinking about the ungodly amount of R34 and Clopfictions that would result in a stallion joining the mane six. I forsee pony gang bangs and huge love triangles if this happened.

Firstly, we have 2 alicorns in the series

Actually, there are three. Princess Cadance is an Alicorn.

if they ever wanted to ruin the series and bring in a unnecessary 7th pony, and i actually got behind the idea and started to like it, then i think the 7th should be Derpy. Element of Muffins. thats just plain gangster. 

I don't really think that would be a good idea.  We've already came to know the personalities of the mane 6 so well now, why jinx it up with another.  That would be a step in the wrong direction as even now it seems they try to fit everypony in to have 1 or 2 episodes a season, this new pony to be fully introduced would need at least 3 episodes a season, plus a season opener to explain why she/he was added, it would be to much hassle IMO.

nope. the current dynamics for the show were set into place from the very first episode. twilight only officially met five ponies, and there are only six elements of harmony. they have been through a lot and their friendships have become very strong and to add another pony wouldn't work. it would feel very awkward and out of place to just throw someone in there.

as said before, it would ruin the balance and would feel desperate. as well as the fact that since we already know so much about the mane 6 they would have to "make up for lost time" to develop the personality of the new character. and if he/she (but lets not kid ourselves. it would not make sense to add a random guy into the mix, and tip the balance even more.) stayed then it would feel rushed and they would have o make up a bunch of stuff so that the appearance of this new character made sense, which we would all see straight through and know that they just pulled it out of their butt.

I personally wouldn't mind. Doesn't more ponies = good? And I also think that the Mane 6 get a ton of screen time already (What the heck is wrong with him!?). mlp-dshrug.png

I don't really think that would be a good idea.  We've already came to know the personalities of the mane 6 so well now, why jinx it up with another.  That would be a step in the wrong direction as even now it seems they try to fit everypony in to have 1 or 2 episodes a season, this new pony to be fully introduced would need at least 3 episodes a season, plus a season opener to explain why she/he was added, it would be to much hassle IMO.

imo?

jhgfdcnbhgfcdscfbgv jminhubybgfdscrfvgbhnjmhnbgfd ijuhygtfrfgthuji jhgfdcfbgvhnjm need to use characters

what about adding her

Undisguised_Nyx_by_AibotNya.png

i know it will be awesome

i think more sub-characters will be good thing

episode about Lyra - octavia - bonbon - add one or two guys dame it

i was thinking of a fic that day about the main 6 turn to ston and replaced for 2 episode with new 6 just to save the older one

and we want more characters

what about love entrist <<(i don't know the spiling)

daring do episode will be great (or spin off)

I honestly can't see them doing that. Not when they have the CMC to focus on along with a wealth of other characters that they could expand on if they wished.

Plus it would ruin the whole '6 elements of harmony' idea. And what would the 7th be anyway?

I think that if they did, it should be a stallion, that'd be really cool, and it'd throw a lot of people off. Also, it would mean more character shipping, gotta love that.

Best idea ever! :D

They could make an ep where the rest of the mane7 fight over him!

They could use my OC!  B)

Or, they could make him a totally stereotypical nasty Serbian genocide general.

Then I would hate Hasbro forever.

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't have to be a mane pony, it can just be some side character.

EDIT 2 OMFG: I have an episode idea!!!!11!!

It would be about some immigrant ponies (perfect ponies for that ep are Dimi & me).

And the mane6 help him/her/them to fit in.

I would absolutely love hearing some heavy Serbian accents xD

Edited by Генерал Четник

An interesting idea, but a show like MLP probably won't do it. The shows you mentioned were all action shows where it is easy to add a character on.

If they did add another on, I would probably warm up to whoever it is, but I would be like:

"It's the Mane Six!!! ...oh yeah, and the other one".

Yes, but only if it's Derpy. MLP doesn't have a handicapped character (unless you count Scootaloo), and having Derpy fill that role with her own episodes every once in a while would add an interesting dynamic to the show while appealing to bronies and disabled children at the same time if done correctly. Hasbro just needs to be careful with how silly they make her.

DISCLAIMER: By handicapped, I mean Derpy's eyes, not her intelligence.