music Favourite Album of All Time?

MorningFlash

oh, tricky...
i would go on these three :3
Raised fist - Veil of Ignorance... mostly because i met the lead singer in the band and got a signed shirt and cd ;3;
sometimes i wonder how my dad know all these folks.
Dropkick Murphys - Going out in style

TSFW/two steps from hell - Invincible

I absolutely love Skillet! Those guys are just so epic...

I also like TFK a lot. :3

I am mostly the modern guy who likes pop, but then there's always a part of me who loves rock.

Favorite album though?

Awake - Skillet

DxWGINK.png

Thank you, Gone Airbourne, for the amazing signature!

fave albums, hmm, let's see...

the fact is that they change from day to day, so today's fave albums would be:

1 - Dark Side Of The Moon [Pink Floyd]

2 - Sticky Fingers [The Rolling Stones]

3 - Abbey Road [The Beatles]

quick mention 4 - Band On The Run [Wings]

yup, 'tis true, I'm mostly into rock music from waaaay back XD

Edited by Delzepp
  • Brohoof 3

Is this right? yeah, it very much seems like it. Though I have hard time choosing my favorite Pink Floyd album at times, this just feels right.

1. "The Dark Side of the Moon" - Pink Floyd

2. "Demon Days" - Gorillaz

3. "Nevermind"- Nirvana

• Brohoof 2

"Never give no manipulative bitch the benefit of the doubt" - Compa's grandpa...

my favorite album has to be The Wall by pink floyd, altho at first i was not the biggest fan, after i went to the concert i realized the true meaning of the music, now i can listen to it end to end!

• Brohoof 3

anyone can become an artist, but a true masterpiece can only come from someone who is truly in touch with spirit and mind

It has to be Dirty Deeds done Dirt Cheap by ACDC. There is a lot of awesome songs in there, such as Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Rock In Peace, Jailbreak, and a personal favorite of mine, Big Balls. Plus the album art is really awesome.

img-1118053-1-6a00e553bed6a088330120a78b4ac6970b-800wi_zpsd8a19f29.jpg

The amount of Innuendo in Big Balls is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W-fIn2QZgg

my favorite album has to be The Wall by pink floyd, altho at first i was not the biggest fan, after i went to the concert i realized the true meaning of the music, now i can listen to it end to end!

Dude, that's actually really awesome! I also got a chance to go to that concert last year in Seattle. It was more than concert, it was an experience for any fan of their music.

"Never give no manipulative bitch the benefit of the doubt" - Compa's grandpa...

Dude, that's actually really awesome! I also got a chance to go to that concert last year in Seattle. It was more than concert, it was an experience for any fan of their music.

eeyup! i got to see the concert in Edmonton, it was a smaller venue but it was possibly the best concert i have ever been to! (even saw some dude running away from the stadium with a piece of the wall!)

anyone can become an artist, but a true masterpiece can only come from someone who is truly in touch with spirit and mind

I'm going to see the show in August this year, can't wait, I grew up with Pink Floyd and I would die before I'd let such an occasion slip by

• Brohoof 1

img-1044030-1-Pendulum%20-%20Hold%20Your

Hold your colour is my favorite album, closely followed by In Silico. My taste in music doesn't expand far past electro-dance music.

^^

It's nice to see a fellow Pendulum fan. :D

Black Album by Metallica comes in a close second and the rest of the 'albums' that I like are just singles.

Granite, Witchcraft, etc.

LVDLKhp.png

"Dumping someone is like throwing a kitten into a pool of lava." - Day[9]

'I see!' said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Top three:

1. Godspeed You! Black Emperor's "Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven." Never before have I heard music so potent and emotionally charged. Absolutely mind-bending instrumental post-rock with heavy chamber elements juxtaposed with huge, monolithic soundscapes and field recordings that accentuate all these elements. The various ways in which all of these elements are executed exceed any and all expectations; every note that is played comes off as being as important as the next, even when they're only one short phrase; everything around these motifs builds and builds perfectly. From beginning to end, it stays 100% engaging. Eighty minutes of beautiful apocalyptic bliss.

2. Converge's "Jane Doe." Another highly emotional album, but in a completely different way; this record relies on its loud and distorted tendencies to get its message across. This was a game-changer for metalcore. It had elements of two of the biggest categorizations of the genre (old school metalcore (AKA mathcore) and melodic metalcore), and fused them together inseparably. The various moods from song to song are hectic ("Fault and Fracture") to sludgy ("Hell to Pay," "Phoenix in Flight") to downright gut-wrenching (the title track). This is what more metalcore, nay, MUSIC needs to sound like, because this is a release that hit me in all the right ways, and continues to today.

3. Charles Mingus' "The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady." I've been a jazz lover for a few years, but I've never really appreciated a jazz release as much as this one; sure, you have "A Love Supreme" and "Kind of Blue" and whatnot, but this four-movement work goes straight for the heartstrings. In a genre that was based on being music for good times and dancing (for the most part), "The Black Saint" really sets itself apart by having absolutely none of that. Everything about these tracks is filled with sorrow and mourning in one way or another, and every musician plays their parts in a way that emphasizes these emotions. Even when in a major key, Mingus wrote these parts to be completely depressing, and that's how it comes off. It may not be as influential as many other albums of its kind, but it certainly is one of the best in terms of its execution, and we have one of my favorite bassists in music history to thank for that.

So yeah, that's mah list.

eVVKXXk.png

I've got a story that money just can't buy.

ALBUM OF THE WEEK: The Knife - Shaking the Habitual

There are many albums that have influenced me, changed me or just that I've simply enjoyed but my top 3 have to be.....

1. The first Three days grace album (Its titled Three Days Grace)

2. Dear Agony-Breaking Benjamin

3. Ixnay The Hombre- The Offspring

the runner up was Comatose by Skillet

cordlesscar.jpg

I've got like twenty, but I do know that these are definitely in the Top Ten:

The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd

Abbey Road by The Beatles

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles

Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys

The Wall by Pink Floyd

A Night at the Opera by Queen

and a ton more....cause Old School is Best School

• Brohoof 1

Christian, Brony, Classic Rock nerd, film fanatic, and all around geek.

I'm going to see the show in August this year, can't wait, I grew up with Pink Floyd and I would die before I'd let such an occasion slip by

I IS AN AMAZING CONCERT!!!, i would go again and again and again, it is for sure something that i will remember forever, I was surprised at his age he could still put on a show that was that good!

• Brohoof 1

This thread only has 2 pages? Maybe someone bumped it after a few-day period of not having any posts.

^^

It's nice to see a fellow Pendulum fan. :D

Black Album by Metallica comes in a close second and the rest of the 'albums' that I like are just singles.

Granite, Witchcraft, etc.

Same here. I really like your Rob Swire avatar

"Feld0 spelled backwards is 'illuminati'"

My favorite album of all time is Imaginaerum by Nightwish. It is absolutely beautiful. Its genre is symphonic metal. The lyrics are thought provoking, beautiful, and inspirational. The music is absolutely amazing.

a4h8w6x.jpg

1. Taikatalvi [2:35]

2. Storytime [5:22]

3. Ghost River [5:28]

4. Slow, Love, Slow [5:50]

5. I Want My Tears Back [5:08]

6. Scaretale [7:32]

7. Arabesque [2:57]

8. Turn Loose The Mermaids [4:20]

9. Rest Calm [7:03]

10. The Crow, The Owl and The Dove [4:10]

11. Last Ride Of The Day [4:32]

12. Song of Myself [13:38]

1. From a Dusty Bookshelf

2. All That Great Heart Lying Still

3. Piano Black

4. Love

13. Imaginaerum [6:18]

Lyrics: http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/nightwish/imaginaerum.html

• Brohoof 2

MLPFSignature.png.59d9585b08bc894da6c58dade70c9bab.png

post-2597-0-90708700-1359514865.jpg

It'd be too hard to pick a favorite, so here's one of my favorite's, Quasimoto's The Unseen. Really chill, fun hip hop, with amazing production from Madlib. I like other albums, but I'm listening to this right now, so it's just easy to list. ;)

I HAD TO FALL TO LOSE IT ALL BUT IN THE END IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER /WRISTS

On 4/28/2013 at 8:13 PM, gooM said:
Djenty...man you are crazy, but an awesome sort of crazy

No particular order.

I love all Guns N' Roses albums, but my favorites are Appetite For Destruction, Chinese Democracy, and Use Your Illusion.

I also love ACϟDC albums. Never heard a bad ACϟDC song. My favorites have to be High Voltage, Back in Black, and Highway to Hell (Of course XD)

Green Day's American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown were awesome.

Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall by Pink Floyd were also great.

• Brohoof 2

AKzSz.png
"For those about to rock, we salute you!"- ACϟDC
Signature by Gone ϟ Airbourne (click the signature) My Tumblr

Member of the Equestrian Gaming Clan

temporary favorite album:

The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (double album made in 1995, awesome sound)

Edited by Delzepp

220px-BASpirit.jpg

Bryan Adams - Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron.

Bryan Adams should do a song for Friendship is Magic Season 4.

3845987a21c02f29513dce7d2f2df39e_full.jp

Zdob si Zdub - 450 de oi

Zdob si Zdub had been at Roskilde Festivalen.

captain-cook-und-seine-singenden-saxopho

A three part by Captain Cook from Grand Prix der Volksmusik.

thorleifs-2009-sweet-kissin-in-the-moonl

Thorleifs - Sweet Kissin' in the Moonlight

Was in Melodifestivalen.

Ilgi+-+%255B1998+LAT%255D+-+Saules+Meita

Ilgi - Saules meita

One of the few folk bands I know from Latvia.

1022403_1336389684525_50.png?v=133638954

• 2 months later...

1. Frontiers- Journey

2. E5C4P3-Journey

3. The Works- Queen

4. Innuendo- Queen

5. The Game- Queen

Honorable mentions would be 4 by Foreigner and Knee Deep in the Hoopla by Jefferson Starship

• Brohoof 1

/)Brohoof117(\