Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I may start to feel a bit humiliated...

KBz

This other day, I was in this restrurant. I was talking about what should we do for 2013. Then my sister would interrupt and asks me what is so attracting about those ponies? A few people were staring at me after that question was asked. I was starting to feel embarrassed and had to talk to my sister in private. 

What exactly should I do? I didn't want to expose my love to ponies throughout in public but thanks to my sister, I am (kinda) completely done for now. :(

• Brohoof 1

This is why I keep it secret from my brother and my parents even, I know they'll try and embarrass me for fun :/.

Just try and get across to your sister somehow and have her play it off, or if you want you can tell them the truth, its all up to what you wanna do.

Good luck bro.

Don't see the problem that much really. It's an interest in a show that is not targeted at you. If you act cool about it, no one will judge you. If you act like it's a big deal, it becomes one.

• Brohoof 1

i exposed my love for the show to my friends. they did the usual school yard teasing as a joke. i went into hot topic where they had a ton of MLP merch and my friends tried dressing me in it. eventually i got a girls number like a boss.

moral of this story is its all about who you expose it to first. worst comes to worst you have peoplle to fall back on. Another thing is who cares if you like a show not intended for guys? Trolls do thats who. Remember the age old saying "do not feed the trolls". Just do you

I would not worry about it, if you are embarrassed it shows as an insecurity in your own interests of things you like, do not be so concerned. It isn't what they think it is, and they are just ignorant. correct them and many will change their ways :)

Who cares what jerks like that think? Their opinion only matters only if you make it matter.

I would have pulled up some R34 on my phone and just go: "AWWW YEAH! HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE THAT!?"

Part of me is very tempted to do something like that because lets face it it would be pretty funny, but another part of me wouldn't want any bystandards getting the wrong idea so I would probably try to isolate the hater first.

Don't feel so embarrassed by it people around my school wear the shirts and no one really cares about it I've told the people next to me in my 1st period they asked me why i like it and they don't really care one bit don't be ashamed of it it's just a show :P 

Well, you could just tell your sister (and family) that MLP is a show that have very good morals,that it may be a show for kids, but it can be mature at the same time, and that it really teaches you things about friendship, and ask them why someone should be embarassed about learning about friendship?

Look, I know, it was embarresing. I have gone through several things like this. Ok, just, don't worry about what the people in public think. If you know any of them, than it is perfectly normal to freak out. But, your sister shouldn't have done that. Just say, I'll explain later.

Well, this may be the perfect opportunity to tell others that you like MLP...except for the phrasing of your sister's question:

"What is so attracting about those ponies?"

That makes it sound like you're attracted to them. You know, like sexually. My advice is to have her keep quiet about that until you're ready to tell others. Otherwise everyone will think you're a clopper.