Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Dead Island is getting a movie in 2014!?

Discordian

From Wikipedia:

Film

On September 27, 2011, Lionsgate has announced that they have acquired rights to develop a film based on the game's release trailer, as its portrayal of a family desperately fighting for their lives provided artistic inspiration, and will be produced by Sean Daniel.[44]

I was looking up Lionsgate when I ran into this. I haven't played the game yet so I'm not sure if I should be excited yet or not but it surprised the hell out of me to see that Dead Island was getting a movie.

Oh dear god!  That horrible!  I don't see how the game can have a movie.  Its was bad game (not very bad but I didn't like it) and I don't see how it can be a movie.  If anything It be like "Survival of the Dead" but with the whole thing taking place on the island.  I hope this was a joke that someone but down and not real.

Well the trailer was freaking awesome. Far better than the game. If they can capture the same emotion in the movie as was in the trailer i would go see it. The soundtrack playing is absolutely astonishing. 

Its was bad game
a film based on the game's release trailer

Here's the trailer. It's very graphic with a lot of blood so keep that in mind. 

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy

Hmph, I am quite curious on how the movie will turn out. The game was...ALRIGHT, but the trailer really had a touching effect while watching. I would give the movie a chance. Though I won't be expecting a whole lot from it.

I'd bet it'd be something like the Walking Dead. A family trying to survive on this island in the Chaos. Which could turn out great if done right. I'll wait and see till the trailers are released before I have an opinion. 

Finally, the rich narrative of Dead Island in movie form! Seriously though, this will probably be a part of the franchise in name only, and otherwise just another generic zombie movie.

Game movies are traditionally bad due to time constraints and unfaithfulness to source material. In the case of a game that is considered mediocre at best by many players I've spoken to, I don't see how this movie can succeed if it does deviate from the norm and decide to follow the game. One way or another, it looks to me like it would be incredibly generic as far as zombie movies go.

Well, this movie could be a good idea and also a bad one.

It could be good because, of the history of zombie movies.

It could be bad because, of well the Dead Island when it first come out some people gave it bad reviews.