Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning MLP FIM Dungeons and Dragons?

twilight_sparkle

(edited)

True, and now I'm on the good computer, so now its time to make that account! Other than that, when are the example ponies going to be ready???

EDIT:

Yeah I'm getting my account approved right now as well, when that happens I will join the thingy. :3

Edited by twilight_sparkle

Create an account and join my game on the site if you want to see what it's like.  The game is called "Test MLPForums Roleplay Team" and the password is "sweetcelestia".

It says I'm not on the list. I didn't know there was a list.

Hmm. I'll try a few more times, then come back if it doesn't work.

Hey, how do you sign into the thing??? It says a bunch of stuff and stuff.... and other stuff. :3 I just need to know how to get into the thing and I'm set

I figured it out. Click on Player Start Page, then the circle next to our RP, then enter your username and password. Then your OC name, then sweetcelestia

You could just choose your race,class & equipment for the benefits and just portray your characters as ponies.  Simple as that.

I've tried that. An earth pony cannot wield a battleaxe as well as you'd think. Not to mention the whole Paladin-mount issue.

Idk what you guys are talking about, but I think its about the character sheets right? And if so, they are great! Well done! Now we need a time and date (Oh I'm GTM 8, sorry! Just checked this website's thingy) and has Musketeer joined our group?

Sounds good, Maybe I'll be either a Magic-User, or a Paladin... Which one guys? I like to use magic, but paladins are great fighters... I'm thinking magic-user.

We could use a knight or a mage. Your choice.

I'd advise against multiclassing, at least right now.

Ok yeah a magic-user! Now do we know what spells we're going to use? Because I'm starting out playing DnD with my dad's original DnD books... It was the coolest thing me and my dad has done other than taekwondo... :')

The site you gave me has a spell list for mage. Look at that.

As for D&D, it's a great bonding experience. Wish my parents were interested in it at all.

It does have spells, but only about 20. :l                       Maybe we can use another book or website for the spells, if you know of any. :)

You'd have to ask the DM. I'm sitting back and enjoying the ride at this point.

Besides, you don't get many spells starting out.

No pen knifes that shoot magical bolts of Celestia's poop or something silly.

But... But I wanted a poop knife...

Nah, just kidding. Although I have some interesting ideas for a weapon.

Skills and mods:  These are chosen from the rules where you have 5 points to spend on skills for your class.  Spellcasters need to choose their basic spells from this skills section and can spend 1 point to improve these spells. 

I was sorta unclear on this. Is it 1 point for each spell, or for all spells?

Also, you seem to have closed the room. I can't get back in, and my character is lonely. Not to mention Gandolf is looking at him funny.

Hey, where can i find the thing now? Its not on that page anymore. :(

talking is sooooo much fun except when you have to type 75 characters

No clue. We'd have to ask the DM. EXCEPT HE'S NOT ON!

Just kidding, time zones and shit. When he wakes up, he'll fix it.

Ohhhhh..... Ok, I thought it was broken or something! :) Alright, so now we need to  find out when we can start the game. This weekend anyone? Maybe this sunday? We could skype and get on the website.

Weekend works for me. Time might be a bit tricky, though. I don't really have a life, so I'm pretty flexible with times.

And yes, I know why the room was locked and it was my own fault.  I clicked this 'logout' or 'logoff' button which 'closes' the room.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience.  You may be able to see part of the board when you next check it out with a playing piece there.  That was just me playing about and getting used to the controls.

For whatever reason, the room's still not showing up on RPGtonight.

2)  Get yourself a playing piece.  Just look for a good image of a character and photoshop any ugly, white background from it.  If you want, we can just use counters with different colours.  Or if you want to be fancy, we can create top-view playing pieces of our characters.  Although, I'm tempted just to keep it simple with coloured counters instead.

We'll be playing on a hex-board BTW, so look them up on google images to familiarise yourselves if you don't know them too well.  They are used in Fallout PnP games so they do work (and rather nicely too).  We take one 'hex' as being about as wide as your armspan or a bit shorter.

Colored counters works for me.

Hex boards, huh? Never used one of those. This will be interesting.