Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

John De Lancie influencing Breaking Bad to reference MLP

TheMarkz0ne

I know this might sound completely pointless. But do you think De Lancie could somehow influence the creators of AMC's Breaking Bad to reference MLP FIS. I know this is stupid. But Breaking Bad is my favorite live action tv series next to the Walking Dead. For those of you that don't know De Lancie played a father of a crack addict daughter in the show. So for just for fun do you think it's possible. Or would it ruin the Breaking Bad's reputation. Like have MLP FIS playing in the back round during a scene or something . I also think this reference could be good for the brony community. We can get some more publicity.

Sorry, but why would anyone agree to this? What sense is there in trying to make some kind of connection between a seriously intense adult topic television program, and one meant primarily for young children? Should De Lancie appear in the show wearing a big red letter "Q" on his shirt too?

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 4

Sorry, but why would anyone agree to this? What sense is there in trying to make some kind of connection between a seriously intense adult topic television program, and one meant primarily for young children? Should De Lancie appear in the show wearing a big red letter "Q" on his shirt too?

Doug Funny did it.

Anyway,  no. Actors have no say in the direction of the show, the decision to make a reference like that would be up to the writers or directors, and it'll most likely never happen. In addition, after doing a bit of reading on the show, it's unlikely DeLancie's character will be returning to the show.

Like, ever.

If you want to know why, look it up yourselves, I'm not spoilin' nothing.

Edited by Twinhead B

I know it's nice when people acknowledge MlP, but really this is one of those times where two good things shouldn't mix. They got their own fanbase and all, so why even try? a bit on the nose don't you think.

• Brohoof 1

It would be nice to hear a highly mature show to reference the show for the older Bronies. Actors do have say so in the show albeit not that much. I would rather have Bryan Cranston make the reference since he is the star. Having a mlp bobblehead on the dashboard of a car in a scene or a poster in a crack den would be funny.

• 1 year later...

No, by any means, no. John has nothing to do, and the creators of Breaking Bad wouldn't have allowed to do a reference to a little girls' show.

Not to mention, John is not that interested either.

I'm not sure why he'd do it. If anything it'd be more likely for MLP to reference Breaking Bad, not the other way around.

And why would De Lancie be stuck with this job anyway?! As far as I thought it wasn't even up to him.  :blink:

Though, in all honesty, it's always nice when two shows compliment each other in some way. I just don't see it happening for these two!