Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you refer to yourself regarding being a MLP fan?

LongGoneGr

I say in a brony and proud of it.

Ditto here!

I don't really collect toys of any sort anymore but to be honest, I really miss those days when I did. I mean, I got My Little Pony clothing, I have seen all the episodes, we all post on forums, I listen to the MLP remixes, I would say I am probably obsessed.

I probably would do those things myyself (I'm obsessed too!) except I have to keep my being a brony secret, lest my mom's wrath incur.

• Brohoof 1

I probably would do those things myyself (I'm obsessed too!) except I have to keep my being a brony secret, lest my mom's wrath incur.

I am sorry to hear that, I had to stand against the giants that were my friends and family but like I said, I laid it down how I felt, and how it was, I love MLP, either they could get hip to it, or they would have to face their own shame in resenting someone that loves them. I don't judge their hobbies, they shouldn't judge mine, especially when mine is anti judgement.

• Brohoof 2

I am sorry to hear that, I had to stand against the giants that were my friends and family but like I said, I laid it down how I felt, and how it was, I love MLP, either they could get hip to it, or they would have to face their own shame in resenting someone that loves them. I don't judge their hobbies, they shouldn't judge mine, especially when mine is anti judgement.

I wish I had the courage but being under the age of 18 has its drawbacks. If my mom ever found out i'd probably get my computer taken away and she'd put me in therapy or something.

I don't really mind what I'm called  :lol:

Brony, MLP fan, etc.

But I rarely bring it up since I'm considered a closet brony, that is unless I'm talking with a fellow brony/pegasister and then I don't really mind what he or she calls me  :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't really mind what I'm called  :lol:

Brony, MLP fan, etc.

But I rarely bring it up since I'm considered a closet brony, that is unless I'm talking with a fellow brony/pegasister and then I don't really mind what he or she calls me  :)

Ah.... being a closet brony. You and I are alike in that aspect. Oh if my mum found out.....

She'd probably say something along these lines:

"OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING PLEASE GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG MY SON IS GAY AND WANTS TO MAKE OUT WITH HORSES JUST TAKE ME NOW LORD PAINLESSLY WHAT IN GODS NAME DID I DO WRONG GET THE HELL OFF OF THAT COMPUTER AND NEVER SAY PONY AGAIN"

• Brohoof 3

How does that have anything to do with being a brony or not? You're a fan of FIM, right? If so, that makes you a brony. You have thousands, if not tens of thousands, of bronies who just watch the show, buy the toys, or read the comics, and don't get actively involved in the community/fandom. Saying you need to do more in the fandom to be a brony is really overthinking the title.

Oh I understand that but also the main difference between being a brony and not being a brony is a choice to be referred to as a brony and on a personal level I don't believe I fit the qualifications even if for someone else they would still call themselves one. Go double standards. :P

I don't worry myself much with semantics. The trekkie vs. trekker debate never meant anything to myself, and I've always called myself a trekkie because I think it sounds better, and I classify myself as one despite nearly no involvement with the fandom because I love Star Trek. For the same reason, I call myself a brony. No need to over-complicate this.

• Brohoof 1

When I had just joined the fandom, I was extremely confident in granting myself the title of 'brony'. Gradually, I decreased in admiration for the show's fandom, and called myself 'a fan of My Little Pony.' Now, when I simply wait for the season to end to torrent them and [hopefully not] never watch them, I have landed to the title of 'idle [artistic] creator and admirer.'

• Brohoof 1

Ah.... being a closet brony. You and I are alike in that aspect. Oh if my mum found out.....

She'd probably say something along these lines:

"OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING PLEASE GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG MY SON IS GAY AND WANTS TO MAKE OUT WITH HORSES JUST TAKE ME NOW LORD PAINLESSLY WHAT IN GODS NAME DID I DO WRONG GET THE HELL OFF OF THAT COMPUTER AND NEVER SAY PONY AGAIN"

When my mom found out I was a brony, she thought I was gay...  :lol: I explained it to her and how lots of other straight males watch it and how it has a broad audience and she kind of chilled on it. Now she doesn't really talk about me being a brony much, but I can tell she still thinks it's pretty weird of me... But there's gotta be some way you can explain to your mom that it isn't that bad... maybe. :P

Edited by mega

When my mom found out I was a brony, she thought I was gay...  :lol: I explained it to her and how lots of other straight males watch it and how it has a broad audience and she kind of chilled on it. Now she doesn't really talk about me being a brony much, but I can tell she still thinks it's pretty weird of me... But there's gotta be some way you can explain to your mom that it isn't that bad... maybe. :P

You don't know my mom. Lol. She'd go fullon freakout

Soooo being a Brony is thought like the same or Greater than Coming out as Gay?

~Facehoofs.~

It's a show not like groups of people are meeting up and having a good ole fashion Org....Ahem you know what I'm not even going to finish that.

You give a show with just main females as the cast then it's a witch hunt you go see a movie filled with nothing but men cast like The Expendables and that's just a normal guys night out...not thought of as gay.

Makes me wonder if women who enjoy a pure male show are thought of as being Lesbians?

Well that is the end of my rant.

~Dashes Off.~ 

• Brohoof 1

I know Pegasister is Sexist saying all Girls are automatically Pegasi!! B)

But if Pegasister is sexist wouldn't Brony trying to hitch down on a term for all males be just as Sexist?

That's It!!....I'm breaking the Mold I will no longer be held down by such terms as " Pegasister " or "Brony"

Instead I will make a new word that can be used for both....let me see.

Pegony....

Bronoister....

or Pegaonibister...

Yes that is it I will Gladly Call myself now a Pegaonibister!!!

• Brohoof 2

I'm a Brony. I find the term pegasister sexist.

Actually I find exactly the opposite. (These are just my personal opinions)

The term brony consist of "bro" (brother, MALE) and "ny" (pony). Which somewhat excluded the female part of the fans.

Then the term pegasister (pega as in Pegasus, and sister as in...well...sister (FEMALE)) was formed for the very reason.

Generalizing fans of mlp as bronies is like referring all human beings as he.

As for the topic, I would say brony, though I prefer anonymous.

• Brohoof 2

Actually I find exactly the opposite. (These are just my personal opinions)

The term brony consist of "bro" (brother, MALE) and "ny" (pony). Which somewhat excluded the female part of the fans.

Then the term pegasister (pega as in Pegasus, and sister as in...well...sister (FEMALE)) was formed for the very reason.

Generalizing fans of mlp as bronies is like referring all human beings as he.

As for the topic, I would say brony, though I prefer anonymous.

I have a whole big essay about this but ith boils down to  how I don't see this as the case, since most languages tend toward the masculine connitations to address the whole. 

• Brohoof 1

[aggressive x]

Oy m8, I concur with Discordian. I'm an [idle] supporter of the show, and and idle art creator, and admirer.

I haven't watched the show since SE:02 EP:06, this I feel as though 'brony' is not a correct title for me.

I find brony to be someone who actively watches the show and contributes, not such a generalized term as you have it.

• 7 years later...

Honestly I don't really care so much about this. Some people put a lot of importance into how they are addressing themself. I'm fine with either brony, fan or whatever. As long as it's not insulting or anything I won't have any problem with it :>

• 7 months later...

FiM fan. :squee: "Brony" is probably not applicable, as I only like one generation and I don't even like most of what that generation has to offer. FiM really is just that one exception for me. :wub:

• Brohoof 1