Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A little inspiration for my fellow bronies.

DoctorWhovian1902

As of two days ago, I've been in the fandom for a year. I celebrated that day in my own way, but then later thought over how much everything in my life has changed because of the fandom.

Because of this fandom, I took an interest in writing, learned to be a bit more confident and to not care what others think, and most importantly, I was reminded that you can't judge a book by its cover.

I know I'm not much of a veteran to the fandom, but I wanted to give a shout-out to all the bronies out there. Whether you're open or quiet about your love for ponies, whether you have hater, non brony, or even brony friends, I'm giving a salute to you all for being willing to stick with something that at first seemed strange, but is so much more than what it appears to be.

My current situation hasn't been the best, but I believe that the majority of one's situation can be determined by his/her own self. So I'm working at it, trying to improve things. I feel I'm getting somewhere, even if the odds seem stacked in the opposite team's favor.

There's no doubt in my mind that one day my parents will remember my involvement in the fandom and will bring it up again for one final conversation. I'll hold my ground and make a final stand, but I doubt I'll get anywhere with them. After this, they'll most likely block off anything MLP (this site, FiMfiction, even Fanfiction.net and YouTube, you get the idea) from our Internet and my phone, as a friend of mine had happen to her. If this does happen, however, know that it won't be over. I will find a way to continue my involvement in the fandom, and will try to bring more people to it as time goes on.

It won't be over, not by a long shot.

So once more I give my regards to the bronies out there, and encourage you to brony on in whatever way you do it.

Brohoof to all, and I hope to keep in touch. /)

• Brohoof 44

Brohoof right back at ya.

(\

I'd like to extens this shout-out to all bronies as well, even for pegasisters and just fell MLP fans. Glad to see you won't lose interest even if your parents block a show that teaches children about the lessons if frienship and all around being a good human being. Hopefully you can find a library or something with computers that will allow you to continue watching MLP and participating on forums such as this. Best luck to you.

Edited by Thoix Heoro
  • Brohoof 3

Your parents must be surprisingly tech-savvy to completely block you from accessing specific sites through both your phone and your computer. Heck, I'm not sure I could do that myself in any way that's not super easy to circumvent.

Regardless, stay strong and always remember that even if someone can change your actions, they can never change who you are.

Anyways, have some motivation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkzVHer6B8A

• Brohoof 2

Put the Tor Browser Bundle on a flash drive; they can't ever stop you then unless they are far more tech savvy than any parents I know. Still, it's technically impossible to completely block Tor without unplugging the internet as long as you know what is restricted, cuz Tor can work around anything with a bit of technical knowledge and input.

• Brohoof 1

Brohoof to you

(\

I would also like to a give a shout out to all the fans of MLP. Keep working twords your goals and dreams. Keep workin on your passion, and don't let anyone make you feel down.

As for you my dear freind.

Glad that you will continue with the fandom. There are hundreds of ways to sneak past yor parents control. What with almos everything Gavin Internet access, it will be difficult to prevent them from stoping you from watching the show.

Also glad that the show has inspired you to write and has made you more confident.

And don't worry about being considered a veteran or not. I'm not a veteran in this fandom, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying myself with the fandom. I'm someone who just wants to enjoy the fandom. I am planning to contribute by starting to write fan-fics. First one is already past my design stage.

In any case I wish you good luck and hope that everything works out for you.

• Brohoof 3

MLP FIM is awesome and it's fanbase, including you.

When I started watching it, I was hooked, and also shocked just how good the first episode is. Ever since then I had been doing my MLP fan art, making my own little ponies, I even have my own fanfic (right now it's in my head just waiting to be written down, lol). Just until recently have I begin to realize how this one show changed my life, and for the better. I'm sure many other Bronies and Pega-Sisters know how I feel.

My love for everypony and the show continues to grow, and I hope it stays that way for the rest of my days. Continue to Brony on everypony. I am a Brony for life. (^..^)/)*

• Brohoof 3

Because of this fandom, I took an interest in writing, learned to be a bit more confident and to not care what others think, and most importantly, I was reminded that you can't judge a book by its cover.

This :)

I haven't been a brony for nearly as long as you, but it has changed my life a lot as well. And this is probably one of the biggest lessons i've learned from the show.

And brohoof /)

• Brohoof 3

Well, your dedication shows how you fit right in with the fandom. Mostly, my parents wouldn't care if I'm on MLP or whatever.

But, I wish you could experience more. /) Brohoof!

• Brohoof 3

Hey yeah! :D Have a brohoof, my friend. /)

I love the brony community because of awesome posts like these. They show you not only that we have pride in our community, but that pride is well-deserved--everyone, no matter their struggles in life nor their personal beliefs or feelings, keeps the friendships close and their faith strong.

I love you guys. BROHOOFS FOR EVERYPONY (\(^0^)/)

• Brohoof 4

This, my friend, deserves a brohoof (\

I'm glad your willing to standup for what you love! And I agree, MLP has changed all of us in so many ways, and I dunno where I'd be without this show. Don't ever give up! Fight back! That's the true brony spirit, and your showing it well! :) People think bronies are just following some trend, but this post proves that we're more than a 'trend'...we're a community! A community filled with loving bronies! 

This post made my day! :D Keep on fighting! And, brony on! ;)

• Brohoof 3

If it wasn't for this fandom I wouldn't of started learning art or writing. I need to thank everyone in this community and fandom for being  ever so supportive and kind. If it weren't for you guys I would still be a closet brony, I hated those days...

I stood up to my parents and told them why I love the show so much and now they accept that.

I am glad you will stand up to your parents, sure they're your parents but they have no right to stop you doing what you love!

/)

• Brohoof 4

Well said, well said... *claps, slowly*

There's no doubt in my mind that one day my parents will remember my involvement in the fandom and will bring it up again for one final conversation. I'll hold my ground and make a final stand, but I doubt I'll get anywhere with them. After this, they'll most likely block off anything MLP (this site, FiMfiction, even Fanfiction.net and YouTube, you get the idea) from our Internet and my phone, as a friend of mine had happen to her. If this does happen, however, know that it won't be over. I will find a way to continue my involvement in the fandom, and will try to bring more people to it as time goes on.

It won't be over, not by a long shot.
. /)

I find it a bit extreme to block of anything MLP related, i for one think that people should embrace it.. Due to the values you learn from the show.. I guess people handle it differently, some become fond of the idea of people uniting through a show. While others seem to look at it as the beginning signs of the apocalypse coming. I can't really relate to the hate, it's just a show, sure it's targeted audience isn't us. But that doesn't necessarily mean it is a bad show, right ? :huh:

Anyway, this was an inspiring "speech", hopefully you won't end up having the same problem as your friend. Brohoof to you /)

This, my friend, deserves a brohoof (\

I'm glad your willing to standup for what you love! And I agree, MLP has changed all of us in so many ways, and I dunno where I'd be without this show. Don't ever give up! Fight back! That's the true brony spirit, and your showing it well! :) People think bronies are just following some trend, but this post proves that we're more than a 'trend'...we're a community! A community filled with loving bronies! 

This post made my day! :D Keep on fighting! And, brony on! ;)

You should maybe consider making you own "speech" too. Well put, might i add.

Brohoof to you my friend /)

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

I find it a bit extreme to block of anything MLP related, i for one think that people should embrace it.. Due to the values you learn from the show.. I guess people handle it differently, some become fond of the idea of people uniting through a show. While others seem to look at it as the beginning signs of the apocalypse coming. I can't really relate to the hate, it's just a show, sure it's targeted audience isn't us. But that doesn't necessarily mean it is a bad show, right ? :huh:

I don't know if they see it as a sign of the apocalypse, but they definitely don't approve of it.

Yes the show does teach high morals, but my parents retorted with "so does Sesame Street." In other words, there's no convincing them. Like I said, I'll try to bring more people to the fandom. It probably won't change their opinion on it, and I'm sure they'll always be ignorant and judgmental, but I'm sure one day they'll see I was right.

On a side note, I remembered being told a while back I shouldn't be in the fandom because my friends aren't. The problem is that it's a no-win situation because if no one likes it but me, they won't approve of it, but if I name off the people who like it as proof, then they are bound to call all their parents and have them talk to their kids about it. Like I said, there's no convincing them. They believed one slanderous article about bronies and constantly reference it as their main source, except they say "multiple articles". I swear, the ignorance is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

Anyway, this was an inspiring "speech", hopefully you won't end up having the same problem as your friend. Brohoof to you /)

Thanks!

• Brohoof 2

Brohoof right back at ya! /)

I can honestly say that my time in this fandom is becoming some of the best times I've had in my life. It's opened up so many new horizons I've never even realized. I feel blessed to be here. But enough about me, this is your thread.

It's a damn shame your parents are doing this.  But remember that no matter what happens, we will always be here for you, because that's what families do. We look out for our own, and we bronies are a family. :)

• Brohoof 1

It would probably be best to law low till you move out, it's easy to circumvent any block so I wouldn't worry too much about it and it gives your parents a false sense of security at the same time.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know if they see it as a sign of the apocalypse, but they definitely don't approve of it.

Yes the show does teach high morals, but my parents retorted with "so does Sesame Street." In other words, there's no convincing them. Like I said, I'll try to bring more people to the fandom. It probably won't change their opinion on it, and I'm sure they'll always be ignorant and judgmental, but I'm sure one day they'll see I was right.

On a side note, I remembered being told a while back I shouldn't be in the fandom because my friends aren't. The problem is that it's a no-win situation because if no one likes it but me, they won't approve of it, but if I name off the people who like it as proof, then they are bound to call all their parents and have them talk to their kids about it. Like I said, there's no convincing them. They believed one slanderous article about bronies and constantly reference it as their main source, except they say "multiple articles". I swear, the ignorance is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

Thanks!

I don't want to judge, so i won't... -_- 

But really, i can often win people over with a good debate, ;) 

but what your describing, im not sure that even i could take on that, though i would like to give it a try, i can be really stubborn when it comes too debates, the same goes for MLP... But don't worry, they'll see that your right, they're probably just overwhelmed that you like something, which they believe is still like the older generations of MLP.. they look at those stereotypes of how the show is and judge you by it. My family has nothing against it, im not waving it at them that i like the show, but im not hiding it either, sure they probably think im weird, i don't know, but you know what.. There was a song that once tought me that "it is great to be different". Ever since i listened to that song, it changed my attitude towards life, i can really relate to it. I hope that your family will accept you for who you are.. sometimes you just have to remember that "we're a long, long way from Equestria"... *gives you a hug* :blush: ... it's okay.. this is a sad song :( ,

but still cheerful at the same time. ^_^

Good luck to you..

• Brohoof 1

I don't want to judge, so i won't... -_-

But really, i can often win people over with a good debate, ;)

but what your describing, im not sure that even i could take on that, though i would like to give it a try, i can be really stubborn when it comes too debates, the same goes for MLP... But don't worry, they'll see that your right, they're probably just overwhelmed that you like something, which they believe is still like the older generations of MLP.. they look at those stereotypes of how the show is and judge you by it. My family has nothing against it, im not waving it at them that i like the show, but im not hiding it either, sure they probably think im weird, i don't know, but you know what.. There was a song that once tought me that "it is great to be different". Ever since i listened to that song, it changed my attitude towards life, i can really relate to it. I hope that your family will accept you for who you are.. sometimes you just have to remember that "we're a long, long way from Equestria"... *gives you a hug* :blush: ... it's okay.. this is a sad song :( ,

but still cheerful at the same time. ^_^

Good luck to you..

*returns hug*

"It is a good song. It really is."

The only thing that makes me look differently to their thinking of the older generations is that my dad claims he's seen some of the show, and when I asked for further information, I didn't receive any. I'm not sure what to think on that...

Also, I did show them a trailer for the show someone made, and to quote their exact words, they said that it looked like "Lord of the Rings for kids."

• Brohoof 1

*returns hug*

"It is a good song. It really is."

The only thing that makes me look differently to their thinking of the older generations is that my dad claims he's seen some of the show, and when I asked for further information, I didn't receive any. I'm not sure what to think on that...

Also, I did show them a trailer for the show someone made, and to quote their exact words, they said that it looked like "Lord of the Rings for kids."

"I love that song"

Maybe he watched the show, and in the end he liked it.. That may be it, it would be funny. :lol:

Well, most people love "lord of the rings", so if they say it looks like "lord of the rings for kids", they mean that it is awesome. ;)

Lol, this would make sense though.. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

my parents retorted with "so does Sesame Street." In other words, there's no convincing them.

What do they have against Sesame Street? I mean, how does it help their argument to acknowledge that MLP has something in common with such a well known and beloved show as Sesame Street?

But remember that no matter what happens, we will always be here for you, because that's what families do. We look out for our own, and we bronies are a family. :)

Heck yeah, man. We're a team and a family, and we look out for each other.

This basically sums up the reason that this fandom is so different from the others: friendship. There's a high focus on respecting others and the harmonic elements that allow for friendship to proceed, and I've never seen anything even close in any other fandom. Forget the art, stories, videos, charities, and everything else, and that one fact remains that easily sets us apart.

• Brohoof 2

Brohoof and plenty of respect to you /)

Very well said. It's amazing how this fandom can improve one's life in so many different ways. I really hope your parents will understand that one day. My parents do so, actually they are kind of positive about it, because it helps me through my depression. 

Wish you the best  ;)

• Brohoof 3

What do they have against Sesame Street? I mean, how does it help their argument to acknowledge that MLP has something in common with such a well known and beloved show as Sesame Street?

It was in a conversation over why the show is good, and they were saying it's still a kid's show, of not one specifically for little girls.

For a little context on the conversation, it occurred while I was asking about getting an RD plushie (keep in mind this happened the day right after Christmas). They then proceeded to tell me about how it wasn't "age appropriate" to get one and brought up the example of a friend of mine (not a pegasister), and how she'd react if she saw it in my room. Of course I was left giving silence, not sure what else to say at that point, honestly. They then compared it to Sesame Street and asked what my reaction would be if I saw a friend of mine (not a brony either) with a bunch of Sesame Street plushes in his room. I said I wouldn't judge him for it, and they just responded with something along the lines of "fine, but that's just you."

They think by comparing it to the very little kid's show "Sesame Street", they can compare it to MLP. The worst part is they actually believe it, and use it like it's a realistic argument. They seem to like hating it, even to the point where I might classify them in a similar as the hater trolls on the Internet. They joke about it annoyingly and never will agree to disagree.

What really bothers me is when they wonder why I'm rolling my eyes when they're blasting their music through a speaker in our living room/kitchen area. I just think to myself, "Gee, let me think..."

Then they're off watching their own shows that they give chances and come at with open minds. One word: hypocrites.

Oh man. Your parents don't sound like the rational sort, but I would highly recommend doing some research of your own. Fight fire with fire.

If you need a copy of the Brony Documentary, I will GLADLY send you one so you don't have to buy it (I bought it and have several downloads left). It's 90 minutes long and shows bronies in an extremely positive light, which might help... There's also the Brony Study, which is an in-depth, professional psychological look at the brony phenomenon; tell them to take a professional's interpretation of it, rather than editorial pieces of trash that I'm sure their supposed "articles" are. 

I'm so sorry you have to deal with ignorant parents. You seem like a kind, spirited person.

/)

• Brohoof 1