Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Humanized Mane Six in Equestria Girls, or Princess Twilight?

Commander_PonyShep

77 users have voted

1. 1. What would you rather have?

• Princess Twilight
    • Equestria Girls' humanized ponies

It all depends on specifics. My ideal scenerios to choose one would be.

EG having nothing to do with FiM canon > Permanent Twilicorn

Temporary Twilicorn > EG that influences FiM canon.

I'm not fond of either Hasbro decision, so I really can't choose one over the other.

35x3zp.jpg

anyways, i dont care that both are/will/has happen(ing/ed) but id rather have equestrian girls more than alicorn twilight

1 - id actually like to see ED

2 - at least twilight wont be more powerful than her friends

• Brohoof 7

Why is not "unnecessary alicorn who not only interferes with continuity but also required a retcon just to fit her in" not listed as a choice?

Cadance is worse than both these things together.

• Brohoof 2

But what if they make Twilight princess at the beginning of Equestrian Girls and the setting can be a French/Medieval 14th century period. That's a possibility. In any case that would make Equestrian Girls watchable compared to a high school setting.

Just as long as they don't have wings and horns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XacLk1XUZCo

FOR EQUESTRIAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!111

Edited by poniesforfun

But what if they make Twilight princess at the beginning of Equestrian Girls and the setting can be a French/Medieval 14th century period. That's a possibility. In any case that would make Equestrian Girls watchable compared to a high school setting.

Just as long as they don't have wings and horns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XacLk1XUZCo

FOR EQUESTRIAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!111

I actually prefer a medival setting myself, especially if it's along the lines of this

img-1186110-1-7778__humanized_pinkie-pie

Of course, if it were up to me, Rainbow Dash would be a sky pirate :3

As for the question, Equestria Girls

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 4

Personally, I would rather have Equestria Girls.  Seeing as how it's a spinoff, and therefore not directly related to FiM (besides the characters), it wouldn't effect the canon or anything regarding the show.  Alicorn Twilight, however, does and, in my opinion, does negativily. 

Equestria Girls because even if goes badly which is way too soon to tell as we don't even know if this is going to happen or not it is not going to destroy Friendship is Magic as it would just be another example of a crappy spin off of a good show. Twilight alicorn on the other hand at this point in the story especially with how the season finale handled it brings Twilight dangerously close to Mary Sue territory I am not saying it couldn't still work but this fact cannot be denied.

Princess Twilight by a landslide. I personally think that she will not affect the way the show is anywhere near as much as people are fearing. Equestria Girls just seems like an obvious cash-in. Sure, princess Twilight may be a cash in as well, but at least it has potential.

• Brohoof 2

I'd rather Humanised main six, like already said it doesn't Interefer with the actual Series. 

That being said I don't mind Twilicorn Etheir, I don't thinks It's gonna effect the show as much as people have been fearing 

To put It short I'm good with both of them

Edited by ~Toa of Ponies~
  • Brohoof 1

Is there a, "I don't give a fuck." Option?

And seriously, Equestria Girls might not be that bad. At the least, wait for more information about it.

Edited by The Dovahkiin
  • Brohoof 1

I didn't vote, because I like and approve of both. I'm looking forward to Equestria Girls, because I'm hoping for a Shojo-esque Magical Girl anime influence. The theme of sending characters to another world, where they have to take on human form is quite popular in anime. My advice to Bronies who are dead set against it...DON'T WATCH! It isn't aimed at the adult Brony fandom anyway.

As for Twilight and her wings. I LOVE IT! I think it opens a whole new direction of possibilities for the show. Frankly, I think a lot of Bronies are being big babies over it.

"Oh no, something's changed! I'll hate the show now! Hasbro is doing this just because they hate us!"

I wish I could get the stats on the actual intended children demographic. I bet young girls especially went wild over Twilight's promotion! I know I did! 

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 4

I'm another one that doesn't choose, because i think people exaggerate the bad impact of Twilie becoming an alicorn.

I also haven't seen how Equestria girls is yet, and i find no reason to judge it beforehand.

As i so often say, when it comes to the series, i'm in for the ride, and Twilight becoming an alicorn after a heartpounding-exiting solving of the situation, was just a natural conclusion to me, as was one of her first questions after she got her wings:

"Is there a book about being a princess i have to read?"

That shows that she still is the same geeky, bordering on dorky, Twilight. :D

I'm still having faith in the authors of the series.

Edited by Tiina Brown
  • Brohoof 3

Who cares?

I didn't care at all about the whole alicorn twilight thing (OMG! Da show is ruined 4ever!! I'm gunna quit being a brony because of dat!! OMG OMG OMG!!!), and like I said, wait for season 4.

Equestria Girls on the other hand, looks interesting, I mean c'mon, you thought MLP was bad back 3 years ago, this might actually be pretty good. :D

Also, bring more relative options, not just the current ones. :/

• Brohoof 2

Well we're getting both, since Alicorn Twilight has a decent chance at being permanent, so I don't see a huge point in doing this, but what the heck.

Voted for Equestria Girls because Alicorn Twilight regardless of how the idea will be used, and I do admit it has storytelling potential, has always rubbed me the wrong way. Equestria Girls sounds at least a little interesting, and if it bombs then I can just ignore it and there's no harm done.

Edited by DashForever

I think both of them are very good ideas I just loved twilight turning into a alicorn seeing them as humans would be awesome I mean they still have there wings tails and horns and it's going to be a school based event so they could teach kids on wat to do with bullying or how to make actuall friends

Wow, how is the voting this close!  I was sure one of these would be blowing the other out of the water!  For me, I will take Princess Twilight a thousand times any day over Equestria Girls/humanized ponies.  I'm still not sold on the latter concept, even if it has no effect on MLP's canon, just because that makes the concept even more confusing than it already was; this thing, if it actually happens, is going to have to get some pretty darn great reviews before I'm sold on it.

Its such a bad idea that I can't be mad at it!

Because we obviously know everything about this show and we've all seen it and know the plot, characters, and everything else about it!

(I can be a dick sometimes.)

Edited by The Dovahkiin
  • Brohoof 1

Alicorn Twilight. as much as I've harped on Twilicorn and still have some issues with it, Equestria Girls is a much more radical departure in terms of the storyline and I have even less confidence in the writers' ability to pull it off than Twilicorn.

Because we obviously know everything about this show and we've all seen it and know the plot, characters, and everything else about it!

(I can be a dick sometimes.)

And you know, it's totally impossible to tell an idea is bad before trying it. Jumping off of a plane without a parachute? Well golly gee, I guess I'd better try it before I judge!

(All of us can be dicks sometimes.)

And you know, it's totally impossible to tell an idea is bad before trying it. Jumping off of a plane without a parachute? Well golly gee, I guess I'd better try it before I judge!

(All of us can be dicks sometimes.)

Technicolor ponies learning about friendship. Yeah, with that bad an idea for the show, no need to give it a chance. It's obviously horrible.

Switch game with show, and played with watched:

uvs2QmH.jpg

Edited by RWB
  • Brohoof 1

I love the Equestria girls idea I think it will be another side show to the main show that will carry on even with Twicorn, there are many different idea's for the series but it will be a side based series.  

Technicolor ponies learning about friendship. Yeah, with that bad an idea for the show, no need to give it a chance. It's obviously horrible.

Switch game with show, and played with watched:

img-1190622-1-uvs2QmH.jpg

You can't give every single thing out there a chance. You have to weed out what you know you'll like and what you won't, otherwise you're going to waste a ton of your time. I know I'm not going to like Equestria Girls, because the idea seems so horrible to me. So, I'm not going to watch something that I already know I'm not going to like.