Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poor StarSwirl

100 beasts kaidou

So Twilight becomes An Alicorn just for finishing two lines from one of his spells? He did most of that spell. He did like 100 spells other than that spell. And yet nobody from ponyvill who was Twilights costume exept for Luna. He should change his name to starswirl the disrespected.

• Brohoof 5

Yeah you would think that the Equestria version of Merlin would be a tad more well known than just the occasional scholar like Twilight and the princesses. If anything he is even more impressive than The Wonderbolts though this may be bias on my part since unicorns are my favorite pony type.

It's pretty ironic how all of the ponies in Ponyville know Twilight, Luna, Celestia, and Cadence as royalty. But, Twilight and Celestia know about Starswirl, but I guess since Twilight is a princess, we might never know more about  Starswirl.

I think it's also kind of funny that the main reason he wasn't able to finish the spell is because he didn't really have friends. When I heard that, all I could think was, "damn that's kinda harsh".

Ever since the latest episode, I have been wishing for Starswirl to somehow come back to life in Season 4 as a sympathetic villain. It could be all about his jealousy towards Twilight. It would probably be the best motivation for a villain this show has had since Nightmare Moon.

Yeah you would think that the Equestria version of Merlin would be a tad more well known than just the occasional scholar like Twilight and the princesses. If anything he is even more impressive than The Wonderbolts though this may be bias on my part since unicorns are my favorite pony type.

But if you think about it, it makes sense that everyone would've forgotten about him. After all, with the exceptions of Twilight and Celestia, everyone had forgotten about Luna and her becoming Nightmare Moon. Both those events and Starswirl happened a long, long time ago, to the point where they may have either been forgotten about or devolved into old mares tales.

If an entire population has forgotten about the corruption of one of their former leaders, it's fully possible they've also forgotten about an ancient magician.

Additionally, I'm not sure they ever really stated in Luna Eclipsed that people had forgotten Starswirl, just that they don't recognize a costume of him. Would you recognize it if someone came to your door on Halloween dressed as Leonardo DaVinci?