Games Bronies Play  

74 users have voted

1. 1. What Platform do You Play on?

• Sony PS3
    • Microsoft Xbox 360
    • Nintendo Wii U
    • PC
    • Other

So I got to wondering: What types of games do most bronies play? I'm aware that the opinions of everypony are different and I, as well as everypony else, should accept that. 

I personally play on the Nintendo Wii U as well as PC gaming (to an extent... my computer is a crap wad). In addition to owning a Wii U, I own an original Xbox, Playstation 1 & 2, and all Nintendo systems [NES - Wii U]. The games I'm interested are games like Black Ops II, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros. If you play on a Wii U, feel free to tell me your Nintendo ID!

I hope we can avoid a flame war... I thought after the Wii got replaced, the "console war" would die down.

• Brohoof 3

I still play Wii. I do play PC games, but mostly these are either indie freeware games, or games I make. I'm more of an oldschool gamer. <_<

• Brohoof 1

I still play Wii. I do play PC games, but mostly these are either indie freeware games, or games I make. I'm more of an oldschool gamer. <_<

I think oldschool games are probably the best. My favorite oldschool games, as well as the heart of my childhood, reside in the N64 and Game Cube!

Good sir, have a brohoof just for the sheer cleverness of the title of this thread.

Anyway. As somepony who's just a casual gamer, if that, I play TF2 on my computer and some old Gamecube games on my Wii with IRL friends. x3

• Brohoof 1

Good sir, have a brohoof just for the sheer cleverness of the title of this thread.

Anyway. As somepony who's just a casual gamer, if that, I play TF2 on my computer and some old Gamecube games on my Wii with IRL friends. x3

Have a brohoof as well for recognizing the reference! I have only seen/heard of TF2, but I haven't gotten around to trying it out. Do you think it's something that a Compaq laptop could handle? XP

I have every console imaginable and play them all, mostly on my 360. I also spend a lot of time on Steam, just recently I finished Trine & now I've been playing a lot of 10M.

Also, I've re-downloaded and started up MapleStory again. I used to play years ago all the time and I just started a new character to see what it's like now. :)

Have a brohoof as well for recognizing the reference! I have only seen/heard of TF2, but I haven't gotten around to trying it out. Do you think it's something that a Compaq laptop could handle? XP

I don't know. It all depends on the processor power, I spose. I have an HP laptop with an Intel i3 and TF2 runs sketchily, occasionally crashing if I play for too long. : I don't really know a lot about computer hardware, though, so it's worth a shot.

Night%20Shine%20shrugpony%20emoticon.png

Still, it is a really fun game. It's really easy to get the hang of/play casually and play more hard-core. There are lots of brony servers that have custom MLP maps and mods, too :3

Compared to PC, Console Gaming is not gaming. Once you've played PC, there is no going back. I have a decent library of PC games and haven't touched my Xbox since.

The only thing about PC gaming is that getting a good PC that will last a while is expensive! In my situation, without a job and school, one does not simply have the bits to achieve one :/

The only thing about PC gaming is that getting a good PC that will last a while is expensive! In my situation, without a job and school, one does not simply have the bits to achieve one :/

I barely make  minimum wage and I still got myself a decent gaming rig made by Toshiba for $300 (For European users, it's about 226.101584 Euros)

I usually play games on my PC. Heh, I'm sort of obsessed with World of Warcaft. I've tried LoL too, but ehm, I suck. ^-^' Otherwise, I use my Nintendo Wii.

World of Warcraft is a great game! Though, with my terrible computer, it runs at an incredibly choppy frame rate (2-6 FPS). As for Wii, I'm slightly interested in knowing what games you play for it. I still play the ol' Black Ops 1 and Mario Kart Wii. Maybe some SSBB once in a while.

I have an Xbox and use it a lot, actually every day. I also have some nice PC games, but unfortunately my laptop's graphics card isn't that good so I don't play them very often because the poor graphics annoy me. 

Compared to PC, Console Gaming is not gaming. Once you've played PC, there is no going back. I have a decent library of PC games and haven't touched my Xbox since.

Really don't think this is true at all, sorry. I mean, sure, if you are one of those people who loves to spout off, "I can play [insert game here] at max settings!!!' then sure. There are definitely a lot of pros to PC gaming that I could see as I play both.

But to say that console gaming is not gaming, pfft. PCs have not yet replaced the love of console releases, Wii/Wii U, retro gaming, & rhythm gaming to name a few. Besides I have many a Windows98 game that I'll never play again, but all of my NES/Genesis cartridges are still good to go as long as I keep my systems. In 5-10 years, I'm sure I'll have the same predicament with all my PC games again.

Edited by Beta
  • Brohoof 1

I find myself partial to Shooters, Platformers, and RPGs.

Call of Duty is my go-to shooter at the moment (say what you will about them releasing one every year, but they always put out a relatively solid game),while I enjoy alot of the old-school 3D platformers of the original Playstation and Playstation 2 (like Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter).

RPG's are a mixed bag for me, I prefer western RPG's like Elder Scrolls and Fallout, but I can enjoy a good J-RPG so long as it's not too eastern or overly cliche story-wise (any Final Fantasy after X is a no-go for me, however).

I'm a PC gamer primarily, but I do have a 360. I don't have very many games for my Xbox though, and right now it's just gathering dust in a city I moved from.

For the kinds of games I play, I don't have a preference. I'll play MMO's, FPS's, platformers, beat 'em ups, bullet hell, etc. etc.

I play games on all the current systems out. 

Preferably I play RPG styled games. Though I do like to play the occasional FPS here and there. 

I do like PC gaming more though, 3 monitors for eyefinity is just too awesome.

I play games on all the current systems out. 

Preferably I play RPG styled games. Though I do like to play the occasional FPS here and there. 

I do like PC gaming more though, 3 monitors for eyefinity is just too awesome.

THREE MONITORS?!?! :o

I need to find a setup like that on YouTube... I didn't know it was even possible to pay attention to THREE different monitors...

THREE MONITORS?!?! :o

I need to find a setup like that on YouTube... I didn't know it was even possible to pay attention to THREE different monitors...

yup I originally started the three monitor usage because of its potential in homework and research. 

But Its fun to use in gaming

img-1213023-1-photo-1_zpsc13ec04e.jpg

normally what you see in these resolutions (mine currently 4800x900)

img-1213023-2-Crysis3MPOpenBeta2013-01-2911-59-32-71.jpg

• Brohoof 1

yup I originally started the three monitor usage because of its potential in homework and research. 

But Its fun to use in gaming

photo-1_zpsc13ec04e.jpg

normally what you see in these resolutions (mine currently 4800x900)

Crysis3MPOpenBeta2013-01-2911-59-32-71.j

O.O I... I can't look away... I feel the urge to get a job right now and save up for something AMAZING like that! Too bad school is in the way of me getting a job, and my weekends are jam-packed so I have almost no time at all for a job :/

And your pony collection? I'm jelly