Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like the new theme song?

Tom The Diamond

58 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new theme song?

• Eeyup!
    • Eenope!

I personally liked the old one better, but I suppose it just may have grown on me, like so many of you. The new mix definitely feels fresher, though, and I applaud Daniel Ingram for remastering it without ruining it.

I really don't get the train, though. I mean, I understand it's going to be a playset, but that train better play a major, recurring role if it's in the new intro.

Hmm... you know what? Maybe the train's a sign that this season will involve a lot more traveling outside of Ponyville. I really hope that's the case, because the same location all the time is no doubt going to get stale.

• Brohoof 2

I was already expecting a new theme song for season two...

I also was expecting more of drastic change.

But it's still 20% cooler than the last one (glitter effect on the photo? CMC? Derpy? Epic win.)

I LOVE THE NEW THEME SONG!

I was expecting like a longer version of the theme or a few lines changed or something. So while I still liked it. I was disappointed that it wasn't very different.

Yeah, same here. When I heard about a new theme song, I actually thought they were going to change the lyrics or melody or something. I was getting all psyched up too. Whatever, I still like the opening. It's basically the same but remastered.

Like others have said, the original has engraved itself into my mind, so this will take some getting used to.

I still love it, though :)

It doesn't sound very different to me. With the intro, I saw Derpy/Ditzy, but I didn't see the muffin shaped car until watching it a second time. It makes me wonder, was it just something for the bronys, or will they really make her muffin obsessed?

I personally liked the old one better, but I suppose it just may have grown on me, like so many of you. The new mix definitely feels fresher, though, and I applaud Daniel Ingram for remastering it without ruining it.

I really don't get the train, though. I mean, I understand it's going to be a playset, but that train better play a major, recurring role if it's in the new intro.

Hmm... you know what? Maybe the train's a sign that this season will involve a lot more traveling outside of Ponyville. I really hope that's the case, because the same location all the time is no doubt going to get stale.

I hope they leave alot more than they did in season 1, because when they left it was either for rarity's ep or the Western ep with the buffalos.

The New Theme Makes Me Feel Conflicted Within Myself.

I Like It.

BUT

The Old One Was Perfect. Im Sure It Will Grow On Me.

(Also Why Didnt The Producers Change It For Season 2 Episode 1 And 2?)

I think it's ok, it's just not as different as I thought it would be. I kind of thought they were going to use the extra verse from the Twilight plushie.

Did anyone else see Madame Foster in the train?

The New Theme Makes Me Feel Conflicted Within Myself.

I Like It.

BUT

The Old One Was Perfect. Im Sure It Will Grow On Me.

(Also Why Didnt The Producers Change It For Season 2 Episode 1 And 2?)

I think they didn't change it for the first 2 so people who watched the first season would feel at home at first, and then introduce them to change.

I don't mid the singing, there are a few parts that bother me, but nothing too bad. I really don't like when she sings: "and magic makes it all complete!" It is a bit different and doesn't sound as good as the original way.

Also, did anyone feel that at the beginning, when we hear "Ah ah ah ah..." being sung up a scale, that it was too electronic. It seemed weird and out of place with the rest. Too auto-tuned...

And then the train. I don't like the addition of the train. It is just so out of place and random. Yes, I know they put it in because they're going to make a set from it, but I really see no use in that. Clearly the train isn't in Ponyville (in the show) and would be very weird to just have it in one episode or something. I the only reason they put it in there is to sell some stuff, then I find it kind of pointless...

Anyway, for the most part: It's a good way to set apart the 2 seasons. Both are just very unique from each other!

Well, I do like me a good hard, driving rhythm. All the new visuals are also fun for us fanfolk, and the voices are closer to their respective characters. Plus, nothing is actually missing from the theme, so I automatically like it. However...

The synth horns in the beginning completely cover the "ah-ah-ah-ah" we've all grown so fond of. It can still be heard on headphones, and since I'll watch the eps most of the time on YouTube that works, but it's still a sticking point I won't find myself overlooking too easily.

Otherwise, though, I'm all for this. It still retains the charm of the original theme, and the more modern sounding touches don't diminish the end result.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch
  • Brohoof 1

Not greatly, which is kinda funny cos the original one annoyed me at first. I don't mind the new visuals as they give a sense of direction, but the part of the song where Rainbow flies over the third singing in a different tempo of "My little pony!" has had the words submerged under the music and lost the coolness factor.