Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like the new theme song?

Tom The Diamond

58 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new theme song?

• Eeyup!
    • Eenope!

Self Explainitory.

They editted the song a bit(Or at lest it sounds like it to me) and while I don't understand the train, I do understand one thing.

post-35-0-75153800-1318687836_thumb.png

So I love it.

So what do you think, yay or neigh?

While i do love the animation revamp, the original intro's song has kinda been engraved into my mind after a good 28 episodes, so i'm having a bit of trouble adapting to the new version.

However, I shall love and tolerate it regardless.

Edited by Swoop

At first listen I was like meeeeeh but after listening to it on youtube a couple times, it's growing on me. Seems like the tempo is a bit quicker than the original.

That's what it seemed like for me as well. Although, we will get used to it again.

I loved the train scene and the wonderful glittery effect on the photo at the end. I feel the same as Swoop, though, the previous way the song sounded has been carved into my psyche, so it'll take a while before I get used to it. But it's all great. ;)

It's not as different as I was expecting, but I still like it. I'm not sure whether I like it better than the old one, but I really appreciate the new animation.

The train was a bit weird, but we all knew about it before because of that screenshot that got leaked. I'm sure it's gonna play a significant role in one of the next episodes.

It's not as different as I was expecting, but I still like it. I'm not sure whether I like it better than the old one, but I really appreciate the new animation.

The train was a bit weird, but we all knew about it before because of that screenshot that got leaked. I'm sure it's gonna play a significant role in one of the next episodes.

Hopefully it is not like the buffalo eppisode with the cowboy ponies. I hated that ep.

Perhaps more Applouisa related episodes? (Not sure if I'm spelling it right)

The best part of the new intro is the easter eggs in the animation! :D

Derpy peeking out of the Muffin part of the train. So awesome!

And the CMC partying in the back of the train.

I like the new theme, it makes season 2 feel different than season 1 (in a good way). Feels like a good evolution of the same song, showing that the show is still changing and evolving.

And visually, the train is a bit odd but I remember somepony saying that that train was going to be sold as a playset, so I guess that's why they put there.

I preferred the original mix but I don't dislike this one so I gave it a eeyup ;)

The train will be in there because Hasbro will have asked them to include it...so expect it to appear on toy shop shelves shortly folks... :)

It's about what I expected when I heard that it was just being remastered; I think it's an improvement in most ways. ^_^

Edited by Zoop

I honestly liked twilight's singing in the first opening though, it sounds higher pitched this time.

Twilight sounds more like Pinkie. After listening to it, the remastered theme has grown on me, but it still feels... out of place? It sounds richer and higher quality, but it doesn't blend together as flawlessly as the original did, mostly due to the use of real instruments. I don't dislike it, it's great, but a bit odd when compared to the first one.

Twilight sounds more like Pinkie. After listening to it, the remastered theme has grown on me, but it still feels... out of place? It sounds richer and higher quality, but it doesn't blend together as flawlessly as the original did, mostly due to the use of real instruments. I don't dislike it, it's great, but a bit odd when compared to the first one.

My exact feelings, except for the twilight sounding like pinkie pie part.

My exact feelings, except for the twilight sounding like pinkie pie part.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO71ifHPSgM

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=hszp9QxsW3o&feature=channel_video_title

Perhaps not Pinkie, but her voice actor certainly. Eh, maybe it's just me.

Edited by Pinkie Pie

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO71ifHPSgM

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=hszp9QxsW3o&feature=channel_video_title

Perhaps not Pinkie, but her voice actor certainly. Eh, maybe it's just me.

I know what you are getting at, but what I mean if it was her voice actor, her voice would of sounded different when twilight sparkle started singing "I used to wonder what friendship could be."

I know what you are getting at, but what I mean if it was her voice actor, her voice would of sounded different when twilight sparkle started singing "I used to wonder what friendship could be."

Yeah, it probably isn't Andrea Libman or Shannon Chan-Kent singing. It's just the higher pitched voice in the beginning that reminds me of Pinkie Pie. Edited by Pinkie Pie

Yeah, it probably isn't Andrea Libman or Shannon Chan-Kent singing. It's just the higher pitched voice in the beginning that reminds me of Pinkie Pie.

Yeah, it probably isn't Andrea Libman or Shannon Chan-Kent singing. It's just the higher pitched voice in the beginning that reminds me of Pinkie Pie.

I listened to it again, and it does have the tempo of Pinkie Pie, but just not enough.