Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology I'm poor and my laptop exploded again...

Dark Fox

I'd rather have my computer crash than have an OS that has no support for anything...Adobe also stopped supporting it so I couldn't even play flash games...

Truth is Linux does have support, and so does Mac, but it doesn't always have support, or you need patches and such.

Windows is usually the way to go if you don't want to bother with incompatibilities.

Also, Macs and Linux crash too...

Windows is very vulnerable to malware, and using antivirus is a waste of computer resource. If you just want to play game with it, use Windows and take the pain. It will cost more money indeed. The operating system, and the utility software to keep it running like antivirus, etc.

@@Metzger, @@Dark Fox.

Linux doesn't have many third party supports because it's free. Making software is a business, and money. Microsoft is one of the richest companies in the world. Who doesn't want to cooperate with them? Linux? What's the profit? Those software you see for Linux are made just for fun. It's not the matter of the system. I dare to say that Linux system is better than Windows, but from business and profit view, it's Windows.

Your choice. If you want to save money and have a computer with flexibility, security, and better performance, Linux. If you don't mind spend more money and have a computer with good third party support, which means that you can play games with it, use Windows.

I'm a programmer and I don't play games, so I use Linux. You're a gamer and use tools like Adobe, so I think it's better for you to choose Windows, but still, you will take the pain. Your choice bro. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Hey guys, update, it was malware, somehow, I haven't downloaded anything suspicious and Norton didn't pick it up, I had to wipe the harddrive but whatever my Toshiba is working fine now, I'll consider you're suggestions when I throw this one away.

Just FYI, in my experience, and others that I know, Norton does not work. I recommend using Microsoft Security Essentials and built in firewall with Windows 7.

To make it cheaper, don't use Windows.

Use Linux instead. It won't crash unless you stab it with needle or smash it with hammer. Well, in that case it's not the Linux but the hardware. Use Linux. It rarely crash even in a crappy computer.

Still I'm afraid you can't play Minecraft with it. I'm not a gamer, but I think you can look for the Linux version. laugh.png

I use no anti virus or any utility software in my Linux, and it works perfectly fine. Good performance, never crash, customizable. You can buy a good hardware with our money, and don't need to spend more for an operating system.

No matter how good your hardware is, Windows is vulnerable of crashes.

Try ASUS or Acer. They're good manufacturers.

Windows is very vulnerable to malware, and using antivirus is a waste of computer resource. If you just want to play game with it, use Windows and take the pain. It will cost more money indeed. The operating system, and the utility software to keep it running like antivirus, etc.

@@Metzger, @@Dark Fox.

Linux doesn't have many third party supports because it's free. Making software is a business, and money. Microsoft is one of the richest companies in the world. Who doesn't want to cooperate with them? Linux? What's the profit? Those software you see for Linux are made just for fun. It's not the matter of the system. I dare to say that Linux system is better than Windows, but from business and profit view, it's Windows.

Your choice. If you want to save money and have a computer with flexibility, security, and better performance, Linux. If you don't mind spend more money and have a computer with good third party support, which means that you can play games with it, use Windows.

I'm a programmer and I don't play games, so I use Linux. You're a gamer and use tools like Adobe, so I think it's better for you to choose Windows, but still, you will take the pain. Your choice bro. wink.png

Yes yes all of my yes! :P Seriously though, almost any Linux distro is user friendly and easy to use and learn. You won't screw anything up as long as you don't mess around in Terminal.

@@Metzger, @@Dark Fox.

I'm a programmer and I don't play games, so I use Linux. You're a gamer and use tools like Adobe, so I think it's better for you to choose Windows, but still, you will take the pain. Your choice bro. wink.png

That's kinda what I meant, but you said it way better. lol

Although I'm a beginner, I'm a programmer too, but I do like to play games.

And while Linux may be way more stable and cheaper, I came to realize that Windows may be more expensive while starting out, but time can also be an expensive resource...

That's kinda what I meant, but you said it way better. lol

Although I'm a beginner, I'm a programmer too, but I do like to play games.

And while Linux may be way more stable and cheaper, I came to realize that Windows may be more expensive while starting out, but time can also be an expensive resource...

Oh you're a programmer? Then use Linux as soon as possible. Because to learn advanced programming (just say C), you need Linux. Why? Because Linux is open source and that means that you can see what happens in the system. You can see what your program does, and learn it. Meanwhile, Windows hide what happens in the background because it's not open source. They hide how their system work, and that's bad for learning programming.

You need to understand completely what your program does, and Windows hide the process from you. Also, compiling with Linux is much better than with Windows. I don't play games, but I love making games. :lol:

My mate recently paid like $800 AU for a 17" Toshiba with an i7 Intel Processor, Nvidia ,i think, 640 GTX GPU, 4GB of RAM from Dick Smiths.

I own two Dell laptops one that's about 6 years old and one that's a little over a year old, both still work perfectly. Also you can buy the best quality laptop in the world but if you don't treat it right i'll end up needing replacement in a years time. 

Norton didn't pick it up

Never go Norton.

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy
  • Brohoof 1