Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where does Princess Twilicorn leave the other five main ponies?

Commander_PonyShep

I feel that it's becoming Dragon Ball Z all over again, where only the main-protagonist becomes an overpowered Deus Ex Machina that does everything alone, while her friends are left to do nothing other than either watch helplessly from the sidelines, or pointlessly die. The last time I had to deal with what I'd like to call "Hero as Deus Ex Machina Rather Than Actual Character" syndrome, it was from reading the Bleach manga; during the Soul Society arc, Ichigo was the one who grew overpowered and did everything alone, while Chad, Orihime, and Uryu were all deliberately and pointlessly replaced by the Soul Reaper captains.

The point of Friendship is Magic is that Twilight doesn't do anything alone, not without her friends. And, by turning her into a princess, they're giving her the power to do everything alone, thus going against the message of the show. Sure, Twilight had to learn a lot about friendship in order to spread it across Equestria as its new princess, but not when it leaves out her friends!

In fact, I've gotten the feeling that her friends were used. They helped Twilight become a princess, but the only thing they get in-exchange is a congratulatory cheer from a crowd of ponies who came for Twilight's coronation?  I mean, they're the Elements of Harmony, and they saved Equestria just as much as Twilight!  Why are they tossed aside like garbage while Twilight gets to bask in all the glory she was meant to share with her friends?  What the Hell compensation will they be given?

And, out of the other five main ponies, Rarity will probably have it worse. Applejack and Rainbow Dash still have their own same-species counterparts, including Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, respectively. But, with Twilight as an alicorn, Rarity has lost her own same-species counterpart, as if no appearance in Luna Eclipsed, and no Season 3 episode of her own weren't bad enough.

If the writers can kill off Derpy Hooves only to bring her back for the S3 finale, then I don't see why they can't return Twilight to a unicorn, at least in the last fourth of the two-part S4 premiere.  They need to fix this, or else the balance between the Mane Six is disrupted forever, both in-terms of species as well as power and significance.

Edited by Commander_PonyShep

I doubt that she is going to become all powerful. MLP:FiM is not a show where the characters spend 75% of the show on one scene screaming.

Twilight Sparkle is the main charter indeed and it makes sense that she has become an alicorn. In the upcoming season they will probably show how she adapts to being a princess and how her friends cope with it.

Where does this leave the other main ponies? well it doesn't  She will still be friends and probably have adventures with them.

Epsidoes ideas (that I think may/could happen):

-Friends feel like they are being undermined and then they learn how they are all equally important. 

-Rainbow Dash teaches Twilight to fly and bring out her pegasus side.

-Another princess teaches Twilight about her new responsibility's (but more fun obviously)

Edited by ~Scootaloo

(edited)

I doubt that she is going to become all powerful. MLP:FiM is not a show where the characters spend 75% of the show on one scene screaming.

Twilight Sparkle is the main charter indeed and it makes sense that she has become an alicorn. In the upcoming season they will probably show how she adapts to being a princess and how her friends cope with it.

Where does this leave the other main ponies? well it doesn't  She will still be friends and probably have adventures with them.

Epsidoes ideas (that I think may/could happen):

-Friends feel like they are being undermined and then they learn how they are all equally important. 

-Rainbow Dash teaches Twilight to fly and bring out her pegasus side.

-Another princess teaches Twilight about her new responsibility's (but more fun obviously)

And she'll develop immortality, and by the series finale one-thousand years would pass, as Twilight outlives all of her friends.  They all die around her, while Twilight is forced against her will to live isolated in Equestria!

That kind of episode idea is just too dark, even for a children's cartoon.

And she'll develop immortality, and by the series finale one-thousand years would pass, as Twilight outlives all of her friends.  They all die around her, while Twilight is forced against her will to live isolated in Equestria!

That kind of episode idea is just too dark, even for a children's cartoon.

Yes because she was fighting tooth and nail to avoid becoming a princess. If anything she'll come up with something to make them immortal (or some crap like that). However I doubt the show will address her out living all of her friends - we'll leave that to paranoid people on fan forums.

Really though cartoon characters seldom age. Yes days do go by in the show however the characters themselves remain the same in age/looks however their personality changes/grows.

Does it make sense to have the character grow in personality, but not physically?  no not really however its a cartoon and I like how the characters stay the same age. Considering the show is meant for kids the show really does not [and should not] have to address death - they can go over people who have passed away, but I doubt they would make a character die off - it would be too sad for such a happy show.

EDIT: @OP: look I apologize if you don't like the idea of the character aging (yet growing mentally) however it is just easier [and better] off that way.

Edited by ~Scootaloo

Yes because she was fighting tooth and nail to avoid becoming a princess. If anything she'll come up with something to make them immortal (or some crap like that). However I doubt the show will address her out living all of her friends - we'll leave that to paranoid people on fan forums.

Really though cartoon characters seldom age. Yes days do go by in the show however the characters themselves remain the same in age/looks however their personality changes/grows.

Does it make sense to have the character grow in personality, but not physically?  no not really however its a cartoon and I like how the characters stay the same age. Considering the show is meant for kids the show really does not [and should not] have to address death - they can go over people who have passed away, but I doubt they would make a character die off - it would be too sad for such a happy show.

EDIT: @OP: look I apologize if you don't like the idea of the character aging (yet growing mentally) however it is just easier [and better] off that way.

Except Twilight turned into an alicorn.  While it doesn't count as aging, it's still a physical transformation, as well as one symbolic of her growth and development as a character.  However, IMO, it also symbolizes how useless and left out her friends had become.  I mean, ever since Lesson Zero, her friends learned more about friendship than she did.  Don't they get any compensation of their own, like Twilight when she became a princess?

Well... I really don't have a clear answer and I doubt we will until we see Season 4. I don't think they are going to "unbalance" the show now that Twilight is an alicorn. All I can say is wait and see.

(edited)

Well... I really don't have a clear answer and I doubt we will until we see Season 4. I don't think they are going to "unbalance" the show now that Twilight is an alicorn. All I can say is wait and see.

I once received spoilers to an MLP novel titled, "The Crystal Heart Spell."  In that book, Twilight actually stays in Ponyville, even as a princess, and learns that she will always be equal to her friends, no matter what happens to her.

In my opinion, it just isn't enough to have Twilight stay in Ponyville while keeping the wings.  When you look at Twilicorn, she's around an inch taller than her friends, meaning that when she's seen with her friends, she's going to feel very odd and out-of-place in the group.  About the only thing I can say about this is that it might not become the S4 premiere itself, or any S4 episode, period.  It is, after all, an interquel, just like the comics, meaning that the writers might find a way to return Twilight to a unicorn during the S4 premiere.

Likewise with that upcoming flap-book, Best Pony Friends Forever.  Not only would that be an interquel, but it would also simply be another cheap cash-in on the Princess Twilicorn hype.

Wait hold on for a second or so. What "Novel" is this fan art or was it official made by Hasbro? if its not made by Hasbro than I count it as fan art.

There is an actual novel for children titled, "The Crystal Heart Spell," coming this April.  It's about Princess Twilicorn as she turns to Cadence for advice on how to be a princess.

• 2 months later...