Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"An Apple a Day...." Progress thread

Dave (RayFriedh)

Alright, I'm starting to get really distracted when I begin to art, so I'll post this thread. I need feedback, suggestions, and support to finish this drawing. By support I mean, just pressure me alot so that I focus on finishing this piece. It will be a full piece, so it may take 8 hours to 3 days for this to be completed. I'd appreciate if anyone followed this topic for any sort of feedback. This drawing will eventually become the cover for a fanfiction by The_Fool on FiMfiction, so please, I repeat for the millionth time: Give me feedback so I know if I'm doing this correctly.

Anyway, Right now I'm just beginning. The idea is to draw Granny Smith laying down, entangled by roots. So far, I have a basic sketch of her face. In my mind she's laying sideways, and she's being seen in bird's-eye view. If you have a better pose in mind,tell me while I'm only just beginning. If you give me some very useful advice or tips or just anything that may change how the drawing turns out for the best, I can offer you my deepest gratitude and a special mention when I put this up on DA. It's not much, but it's all I've got.

This is the stuff I have to begin with right now:

w00FCDH.png

Also, any links to some Granny Smith art or any other sort of reference would be greatly appreciated, as these seem to be extremely rare. Old Granny Smith preferred, as I've seen lots of art of her young self.

• Brohoof 3

You know I can't say i've seen alot of granny smith art either to be honest, maybe we need more :P.

Anyways it looks like a good sketch so far, keep it up!

WORK MORE SLAVE!

(Encouraging enough? :)?)

You know I can't say i've seen alot of granny smith art either to be honest, maybe we need more tongue.png.

Anyways it looks like a good sketch so far, keep it up!

WORK MORE SLAVE!

(Encouraging enough? smile.png?)

Thankye kindly. An update on the sketch is coming soon!

It's very encouraging, actually. At least one person is here. You might want to get the whip out though.

Thankye kindly. An update on the sketch is coming soon!

It's very encouraging, actually. At least one person is here. You might want to get the whip out though.

Alrighty then! Keep it up. I'm happy to help!! :) I'm sure others will be coming around to help support you! Meanwhile I'll go and grab my rope! ;) keep up the good work!

Alright, here's a little update. I'm currently struggling with drawing Granny's hind-legs. Assistance requested: References and commentary.

azF90Z1.png

Alright, I have no idea what I even did, but I somehow pulled off those hindlegs. Here ya go: h6Jaalh.png

Still need some feedback. Y'know. Desperately.