Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Pro RuneScape tip: Buy vials for 1gp each before you leave for awhile, that way when you get back on (for let's say showing someone your account) even if the stats are bad, the 1m vials you have is going to impress them.

It's also fun to go up and trade over a million vials to someone, just to see their reaction.

• Brohoof 1

I quit because of SoF. EoC just reassured I would never come back.

I take lots of pics because I use them.

you will never get my bank... Which spread over my like 20 accounts is somewhere like 100m (I'm extremely poor, but the 98 herblaw I got on one of my acc's was considerably worth it) the main reason why I won't is because I probably won't find time to get on... Or else I would be happy to give you like 100k vials

SoF?

Squeal of Fortune?

Why because of that thing?

But I know what you mean about EoC. Honestly, once you're used to it. Its not too bad.

Very careful usage on the word "too". I still prefer A LOT of the old system to this.

Also, >Extremely poor

>100m

I know thats not a lot at all in this game, but I've barely managed to have 20m non-legit before only to have it hacked away. (Not counting other bank stuff)

I'd be very happy with just that.

What kind of man would pair AJ and Celestia? 

That thing looks very outdated.

Berry and Scoot... RP gawk...?

Is that really all I get?

SoF?

Squeal of Fortune?

But I know what you mean about EoC. Honestly, once you're used to it. Its not too bad.

Very careful usage on the word "too". I still prefer A LOT of the old system to this.

Also, >Extremely poor

>100m

I know thats not a lot at all in this game, but I've barely managed to have 20m non-legit before only to have it hacked away. (Not counting other bank stuff)

I'd be very happy with just that.

I've been hacked about 10m and a halo...

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Halo

Festive avatar mk. 2

It's kinda ugly, now that I look at it.

Pinkie in a Drum Major outfit is amazingly cute, despite her legs being broken.

Yea, I'm not feeling the change either....

Wait, her leg is broken?

ohshit...

Pro RuneScape tip: Buy vials for 1gp each before you leave for awhile, that way when you get back on (for let's say showing someone your account) even if the stats are bad, the 1m vials you have is going to impress them.

I remember the time when you could do that with needles in the party room...

SoF?

Squeal of Fortune?

There's a lot of controversy over the Squeal of Fortune that I dare not get in to...

EOC? Yet another double-edged sword, which is about the best as I can put it...

Viscra and myself... I think you know... (Shield your bottoms, and I'll shield my own...)

Hmm... I think I know what you're talking about, but... Why am I not part of that collective? *shot* Nah, jk, I'm alright :3 Still pretty interesting observations you made there

I really really need some sleep right now, but my job says otherwise GTL3P.png

It's kinda ugly, now that I look at it.

The left eye is kinda 'popped out' from the head 3lnNF.png

Pinkie in a Drum Major outfit is amazingly cute, despite her legs being broken.

Ouch, you're right :c

That thing looks very outdated.

It's just something someone put together in /mlp/. What really baffles me is the AJxTia ship

Ouch.

Never played CW, but Im guessing 300 points takes a while to get...

Aprox. 2 tickets a game (max of 3, minimum of 0 I think)- each game is like 22 minutes plus 5 minute wait time before games; you do the math.

• Brohoof 1

I remember the time when you could do that with needles in the party room...

There's a lot of controversy over the Squeal of Fortune that I dare not get in to...

EOC? Yet another double-edged sword, which is about the best as I can put it...

There was controversy over SoF? Please, do tell. I didn't hear anything on that one.

I should try out runescape sometime again :)

Yes. Yes you should.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I prefer variety in who's spamming my notifications...

And you will get none here.

• Brohoof 1

I should try out runescape sometime again

Good luck...?

There was controversy over SoF? Please, do tell. I didn't hear anything on that one.

It's on the Runescape Wiki; I dare not get into the details...

Aprox. 2 tickets a game (max of 3, minimum of 0 I think)- each game is like 22 minutes plus 5 minute wait time before games; you do the math.

If we're talking Runescape minigames-- I mean, uhh, activities-- I mean, uhh, minigames (Even Jagex couldn't make up their mind on what to call that...), then... Castle Wars... I... No comment...

Except for if you see something memorable; This was post-EOC, and I thought it was memorable...

I don't really do all that much. Or at least anything that relates to other members in here. I am unique.

So you're more of a wildcard...?

The left eye is kinda 'popped out' from the head 3lnNF.png

That's just a perspective thing.

I didn't draw this, btw. I'm just adding colors for poos and laughs.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I prefer variety in who's spamming my notifications...

Yeah, that happens.

Get used to it.

• Brohoof 1

Controversy on the SoF? Ok, here's the 'edited' version...

8 reasons why SoF needs to be removed

1. The SoF promotes impulse buying

With all of the promotions surrounding it, the shiny rewards, and the small time limits telling you to BUY BUY BUY, the SoF is a prime example of a system designed on impulse purchases. Training people to respond to such stimuli is only weakening their wills and leaving them more susceptible to similar advertising in the future.

2. The SoF causes more inflation

The SoF pumps money into the RS economy and takes none out, and therefore is a cause of inflation. Inflation destroys the RS economy and devalues money and items.

3. SoF dosen't guarantee proper distribution of items

As many people have found out with various limited time items, getting items on the SoF is in no way a guaranteed thing. As a game of chance, the SoF is a terrible system for the distribution of limited time items, as there's a fairly large chance people may never get one.

4. SoF opens the possibility of other microtransactions

Do you like paying more for RS? Well, with the SoF as precedent, you might have to in the future! Jagex could very well be inoculating us for future purchases. We may end up having to pay for weapons, armor, quests, skills, and other content.

5. The SoF wastes Jagex's time

Sure they could be making a new quest or designing a new boss, but bringing you the SoF takes up a good chunk of their time, and content that we actualy would enjoy seeing is going to be held off.

6. You're being tricked

You know that cute little animation that shows you getting oh so close to that 200m prize? It's a trick! The real prize was predetermined; the animation is cleverly designed to make you think you were *that* close to a big win! It's messing with your head, the animation means nothing.

7. SoF devalues work

SoF has caused skills to lose their "wow" perspective, with SoF you can train by getting a job and buying spins. Consider the following: You can get 4,000,000 Exp/Hour by just spinning. While the difference from Runespan to ZMI was 80k/h at max. People complained that Runespan devalued RuneCrafting, but look at how much more SoF devalues it.

8. SoF promotes gambling

“Gambling is the wagering of money or something of material value on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary intent of winning additional money and/or material goods. Typically, the outcome of the wager is evident within a short period.” Jagex argues how SoF is not illegal gambling- but how about if it promotes gambling? One symptom of ludomania is preoccupation, so if you are having frequent thoughts about gambling experiences, whether past, future, or fantasy. So by playing SoF you may be more inclined to have a gambling problem.

Just removed some of the "**** Jagex" stuff.

This is obviously the "it needs to be removed" side. The other side as valid arguments to.

Edited by One
  • Brohoof 1

img-1010394-3-9xzxK.gif

I wanted to believe you weren't going to react like that. Good job Berry, you scared even Star. ^_^

Also, hi guys! How are y'all doing? :) (And by the way Star, I hope you feel better soon :( )

Oh, but she's not in Ponyville. I sent her back home. No amount of creativity will bring her on that train. Lapis has no way of reaching her, and even if he did, she'd have to walk to the train station, which is a whiles away from her little village. Her teleport spell only takes her home.

Why Berry...why did you have to give such an idea, that my OC could actually help with, at least in essence...? 

Yes. Maybe we can get Arcanel to analyze it and expand upon it.
I

Is there anything I can actually help expand by this moment? :huh:

Arcanel's the wildcard here...

Help me out here Ganny. How do I interpret this? 

Is that really all I get?

I almost expected us in one of those connections being how we are both the nice guys, in theory. :)

• Brohoof 1