General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Like, between the router and my machine? Cat5 cable. I can't confirm the exact name...

Might be a stretch but you could shop for different ones. How much wear has it accumulated?

Of me liking someone else's avatar?

Not even sure how that remotely concerns or affects you at all. .-.

No, enough of the anime gawk.

Might be a stretch but you could shop for different ones. How much wear has it accumulated?

It's got yellow insulation, but it doesn't to be that damaged. I kinda feel like the cables on the inside have the least protection at the ends because if I tug on them too hard, I'll pull the yellow part off and expose the inner cables.

The worst part is I can't tell if that's the same cable I used back in 2006.

• Brohoof 1

a0AgWVX.png

<>

*gives cider jars to everyone*

Sleepless night, gentlemen?

Except it took me about 200 times longer than average to even make a post like that.

Question: My connection speed gets as low as 1kbps but currently averages ~10kbps. Is that pitiful?

My question here is... why haven't you complain about that to Verizon? Or have you already done so?

img-19396-1-Finished.png

Eeyup... this signature was made by: @Sparkle Speed

*gives cider jars to everyone*

Sleepless night, gentlemen?

My question here is... why haven't you complain about that to Verizon? Or have you already done so?

The overall consensus so far, between here and my family, is ditch Verizon and find something else that works; the familial consensus says HughesNet. That's why we don't have Dish Network or Toyota, but instead DirecTV and Mazda/Nissan/Ford. And why it took me three years to find a reliable-ish reviewer for my writing.

But then this is a fairly inefficient and also time-constrained family. It took 18 months to build my computer and a $400 electric bill to figure out that our AC was truly broken. How much more to another of our first-world axioms?

Oh by the way, part of the reason I stay up until 03:00+ is because that's when I have the best Internet connection.

a0AgWVX.png

<>

It's got yellow insulation, but it doesn't to be that damaged. I kinda feel like the cables on the inside have the least protection at the ends because if I tug on them too hard, I'll pull the yellow part off and expose the inner cables.

The worst part is I can't tell if that's the same cable I used back in 2006.

Ahhhhh, I see now. Doesn't yellow insulation offer less protection?? :huh:

Ahhhhh, I see now. Doesn't yellow insulation offer less protection??

Oh god, they have Cat6 now?

Well, the Cat5 I had felt clunky as it is. Well, that confirms it: get a whole new cable, that is, if that even helps...

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Oh god, they have Cat6 now?

Well, the Cat5 I had felt clunky as it is. Well, that confirms it: get a whole new cable, that is, if that even helps...

I believe they had a Cat6 and now, they're at Cat6b or something.

But anywho, I just thought it was interesting but I doubt it's the actual root of the problem.

I believe they had a Cat6 and now, they're at Cat6b or something.

But anywho, I just thought it was interesting but I doubt it's the actual root of the problem.

A bit of staring at the Google Chrome loading spinny circle thingie later and... Marginal improvement at best? The Cat5 I have is pretty short so any hindrance to speed would be fairly negligible...

Let's see how long it takes for my family to actually take the "Ditch Verizon for Something Else" initiative.

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Let's see how long it takes for my family to actually take the "Ditch Verizon for Something Else" initiative.

Seems more than reasonable. What options are you looking at?

(edited)

Seems more than reasonable. What options are you looking at?

HughesNet was our last-ditch option if no other option from Verizon exists. Besides, since when is it overcast in a desert? Pretty rarely.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

a0AgWVX.png

<>

(edited)

HughesNet was our last-ditch option if no other option from Verizon exists. Besides, since when is it overcast in a desert? Pretty rarely.

Wait, are you looking for options in Verizon? Or just looking to get out of Verizon altogether?

Edited by LatinoChurro

Wait, are you looking for options in Verizon? Or just looking to get out of Verizon altogether?

"Outside of Verizon" seems inevitable, but whether it's HughesNet we're going for is still undecided; that's more a last-ditch option.

a0AgWVX.png

<>

"Outside of Verizon" seems inevitable, but whether it's HughesNet we're going for is still undecided; that's more a last-ditch option.

Then obviously, you should be thinking about that option last. xD

(edited)

I just wanna say this: I never heard of this life hack before: drink lots of apple juice before bed and you'll have vivid dreams.

Gee, I wonder how that'll pan out...

*chugs apple juice*

Come on I've been a Brony for a year and a half and I haven't had a single dream featuring ponies!!! Also one with Rarity preferably dressed like this would be nice!

1350867423930.jpg

Edited by Biznis Kitty

e903e0168e.png

*chugs apple juice*

Come on I've been a Brony for a year and a half and I haven't had a single dream featuring ponies!!! Also one with Rarity preferably dressed like this would be nice!

Are you seriously gonna test that one out? I'm more for the life hacks that involve bacon.

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Are you seriously gonna test that one out? I'm more for the life hacks that involve bacon.

Well considering I actually rarely have dreams I kind of would like to experience one every now and then. The latest dream I had was last week and that was after 7 months of not having a single dream. Oh and fun fact I don't dream in color, everything is black and white and very blurry and convoluted. So I would like to have a vivid dream for once in my life, and preferably not a nightmare, because those are always very very vivid and I can see everything...

e903e0168e.png

Come on I've been a Brony for a year and a half and I haven't had a single dream featuring ponies!

2 full years and ive not had one either. ;~;

Well considering I actually rarely have dreams I kind of would like to experience one every now and then. The latest dream I had was last week and that was after 7 months of not having a single dream. Oh and fun fact I don't dream in color, everything is black and white and very blurry and convoluted. So I would like to have a vivid dream for once in my life, and preferably not a nightmare, because those are always very very vivid and I can see everything...

Im the same way. I don't seem to have any dreams at all and the very few I do have I don't remember for shit usually.t

However, mine are all in color. Them being in black and white is something new to me. o.o

7Crdz3K.png

I can never remember what I dreamt about; I never get any good dreams...

a0AgWVX.png

<>

2 full years and ive not had one either. ;~;

Im the same way. I don't seem to have any dreams at all and the very few I do have I don't remember for shit usually.t

However, mine are all in color. Them being in black and white is something new to me. o.o

When I learned that people dream in color it was in a song and the lyric was something like "I can't dream in color" or "I don't dream in color." I actually had to ask my friend, "So monochromatic dreams aren't normal?" Imagine my surprise that I didn't learn this till about 1 year ago. Normal vision though I'm not color blind at all, yet my subconscious doesn't let me dream colors. Like I know what color things should be like if I see a banana I can say, "The banana is yellow with a slight shade of green on top." even though no colors were actually processed.

e903e0168e.png

When I learned that people dream in color it was in a song and the lyric was something like "I can't dream in color" or "I don't dream in color." I actually had to ask my friend, "So monochromatic dreams aren't normal?" Imagine my surprise that I didn't learn this till about 1 year ago. Normal vision though I'm not color blind at all, yet my subconscious doesn't let me dream colors. Like I know what color things should be like if I see a banana I can say, "The banana is yellow with a slight shade of green on top." even though no colors were actually processed.

Odd, Im r/g colorblind. Not fully, but some colors get easily mixed up. While I know the colors arent perfect in my dreams, Id think that something like that would be more cause for me to be one with odd dreams in such a way.

Learning about that just a year ago would bring quite a mini shock. Im actually surprised nothing brought up the subject for so long.

7Crdz3K.png