General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

When I learned that people dream in color it was in a song and the lyric was something like "I can't dream in color" or "I don't dream in color." I actually had to ask my friend, "So monochromatic dreams aren't normal?" Imagine my surprise that I didn't learn this till about 1 year ago. Normal vision though I'm not color blind at all, yet my subconscious doesn't let me dream colors. Like I know what color things should be like if I see a banana I can say, "The banana is yellow with a slight shade of green on top." even though no colors were actually processed.

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Odd, Im r/g colorblind. Not fully, but some colors get easily mixed up. While I know the colors arent perfect in my dreams, Id think that something like that would be more cause for me to be one with odd dreams in such a way.

Learning about that just a year ago would bring quite a mini shock. Im actually surprised nothing brought up the subject for so long.

I fave a friend who can only see red, black, and white correctly. (He is very easy to spot when we play video games seeing as his characters are all bright red.) I should ask him if he suffers from that in his dreams.

Oh and it was a mini shock, I mean what can you do it's a dream so it doesn't really matter what color it's in. 

e903e0168e.png

(edited)

<>

Look at my response above. If we really dream in black and white, this guy can still perceive colour, and he's got total colourblindness. Plus, he makes everyone else colourblind by seeing/hearing infrared and ultraviolet.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Dude that's cool. He is like a spider because they can see ultraviolet!

Also side note that guy he let's you here the color of is most likely of Finnish desent. In Finland you can find a kangas in every city, or so my grandfather said from his many trips there. Also my family's sir name before it was changed when my great grandfather came to America was Peltokangas.

e903e0168e.png

(edited)

Five hours later, I come home from the laundromat. Guess what got eaten this time.

Dude that's cool. He is like a spider because they can see ultraviolet!

Also side note that guy he let's you here the color of is most likely of Finnish desent. In Finland you can find a kangas in every city, or so my grandfather said from his many trips there. Also my family's sir name before it was changed when my great grandfather came to America was Peltokangas.

I think certain insects and maybe certain birds can also see UV; what'd be nuts is seeing not just red, green, and blue, but also infrared and ultraviolet; that'd be pentachromacy, not just trichromacy. Dichromacy means, depending on whose eyeball you're looking at, you'd be able to see blue pretty well, but the rest of the spectrum would be yellow.

I'm still not very familiar with Europe as a whole and not because I, ancestrally, come from the opposite side of the world (AKA China or southeast Asia, even though geographically, that would be the Indian Ocean; yes, I checked; if I drilled a hole from my house to the absolute opposite side of the world, I'd drill into water). Well, maybe it is because I, ancestrally, come from the opposite side of the world; the only bits of Europe I do know is the UK, the Scandinavian states, the West Germanic-speaking countries, Spain, France, and Italy. Anything else and I get really fuzzy on it.

Try this out sometime; I did and I failed: http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/americans-try-to-place-european-countries-on-a-map

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

a0AgWVX.png

<>

So I tried the whole vivid dream life hack... nothing was vivid it was just weird... I was skin diving, there was weird grabbing sea weed stuff, nazis were bombing my city (I just finished reading the manga Hellsing), afox playing a piano, and something about tubas... and I woke up with a head ache.

I'm still not very familiar with Europe as a whole and not because I, ancestrally, come from the opposite side of the world (AKA China or southeast Asia, even though geographically, that would be the Indian Ocean; yes, I checked; if I drilled a hole from my house to the absolute opposite side of the world, I'd drill into water). Well, maybe it is because I, ancestrally, come from the opposite side of the world; the only bits of Europe I do know is the UK, the Scandinavian states, the West Germanic-speaking countries, Spain, France, and Italy. Anything else and I get really fuzzy on it.

Try this out sometime; I did and I failed: http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/americans-try-to-place-european-countries-on-a-map

I can name a good chunk of Europe and Asia actually. I just hate how Europeans are all like, Americans are stupid they can't tell one European country from the next, well I'd like to give them a map of Asia and both Americas and say, "okay your so smart fill them all in right now."

e903e0168e.png

So I tried the whole vivid dream life hack... nothing was vivid it was just weird... I was skin diving, there was weird grabbing sea weed stuff, nazis were bombing my city (I just finished reading the manga Hellsing), afox playing a piano, and something about tubas... and I woke up with a head ache.

I just came back from the carnival and the first thing I do is try to make sense of your dream. I know dreaming happens in short bursts of time, but trying to make sense of it, especially separate disconnected dreams from the same night, can be weird... You had an underwater concert with a fox and right after you made your epic entrance, WWII happened on you...?

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Please check out my ask solar flare thread

Hello Everypony!

I do OC drawings,message me if you'd like one.

My avatar is my OC,Solar Flare and you can ask him anything on the ask pony section.

-Bruss

(edited)

I just came back from the carnival and the first thing I do is try to make sense of your dream. I know dreaming happens in short bursts of time, but trying to make sense of it, especially separate disconnected dreams from the same night, can be weird... You had an underwater concert with a fox and right after you made your epic entrance, WWII happened on you...?

So the full dream had a rough story line. Nazis were attacking my city. I was looking for something to stop them in the lake that now magically exists in the middle of my high school. Well whilst I was skin diving for said item I was attacked by demon grabby seaweeds. I said screw that, got out of the lake, and decided to wander the school to find something else that could help. When I got to the concert hall thing, there was a fox on the piano and a lady with a tuba. After about 5 minutes my brain noped out of the whole thing and then I didn't dream for the rest of the night... I'd like to see what psychologists say about that dream.

Edited by Biznis Kitty
  • Brohoof 1

e903e0168e.png

Bruh, y u do dis.

I didn't ask for these feels.

Hey, that's my line! D:<

Haven? ERMAHGERD, buddy! It's you! :3 *hugs*

I'm gonna be continuing Madoka later today. XD

• Brohoof 1

My friend responded to me about the end of Oreimo as such: I don't care that it's incest, I don't care if he loves his sister, but why, WHY! Did he break up with Kuroneko, for his sister?! I mean she is such a bitch compared to Kuro!

e903e0168e.png

Haven? ERMAHGERD, buddy! It's you! :3 *hugs*

I'm gonna be continuing Madoka later today. XD

Ohai, guy! :D

*huggles back*

Whooo! Soon, you shall be magical like the rest of us. x)

My friend responded to me about the end of Oreimo as such: I don't care that it's incest, I don't care if he loves his sister, but why, WHY! Did he break up with Kuroneko, for his sister?! I mean she is such a bitch compared to Kuro!

Correction, she broke up with him. And she did it to prove a point.

She dated him to make his sister confess her love for him. Yes, she actually had feelings for him, but that was the main reason.

Besides, now that that has all past (skipping to the ending) they can get back together if they so choose.

• Brohoof 1

7Crdz3K.png

She dated him to make his sister confess her love for him. Yes, she actually had feelings for him, but that was the main reason.

Besides, now that that has all past (skipping to the ending) they can get back together if they so choose.

Well I was going with the general rant of what I remember him saying. I mean to tell the truth I'm only in season 1 and had the ending spoiled, so I'm just going off of spoilers. Though I do know that after the Kuroneko incident there was a mass fanboy rage. My friend quit watching anime before midnight for once. That is an amazing feat, because he stays up til 3 am every night watching anime no matter how scary/sad/tiring. So the fact that he rage quit a show astounded me.

e903e0168e.png

(edited)

I still don't know if I entirely buy the fact that Kirino like him that way. I guess I really am gonna have to rewatch the anime :/

Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 1

I still don't know if I entirely buy the fact that Kirino like him that way. I guess I really am gonna have to rewatch the anime :/

If you have a pseudo-marriage with your brother/sister, then im sure you have those kinds of feelings for them.

Besides, how she acted towards him should easily show that. Especially later on in the anime.

I should re watch lt as well.

Just cause i can.

7Crdz3K.png

If you have a pseudo-marriage with your brother/sister, then im sure you have those kinds of feelings for them.

Besides, how she acted towards him should easily show that. Especially later on in the anime.

I should re watch lt as well.

Just cause i can.

Well, like you said, he is technically single again at the the very end. So he and Kuroneko can get back together again. And if not, then she can always come to me.

• Brohoof 1

Well, like you said, he is technically single again at the the very end. So he and Kuroneko can get back together again. And if not, then she can always come to me.

I feel like they would do so pretty quickly.

>inb4 he gets with that random singer friend of Kirino's.

Fight to the death over her love?

7Crdz3K.png