General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

@, question: have you ever seen a poem that can be read, line by line, forwards and backwards and each way you read it gives a completely different poem that opposes the other? 

I've never seen such a thing, but I'm pretty sure it exists somewhere.

I haven't watched that show in so damned long.

I don't even remember any of the character names.

Seriously? I'm watching it right now! You should consider re watching it some time.

How's the working out?

Also, are you using any mods?

It's working incredibly well. I'm using a Steam wrapper with Porting Kit and it's working better on Mac than it ever did on Windows.

Very much so. I think I might be a mod addict. Is there an actual way to check for that?

It's working incredibly well. I'm using a Steam wrapper with Porting Kit and it's working better on Mac than it ever did on Windows.

Very much so. I think I might be a mod addict. Is there an actual way to check for that?

Goody good good.

Yes, try playing vanilla Skyrim, and see how long you last.

What mods do you use?

I mainly stick to mods that enhance the vanilla game (such as Singing Trolls, Autotune Bears, and Posh Mudcrabs... Oh yeah, and serious mods like Apocalypse-Magic of Skyrim, the Better Rewards and Treasure pack, and Alternate Start-Live Another Life), but I also have a few that add extra lands to explore and questlines for mastery of magic for after the main quests and side quests.

Also, this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoB0HfGXNf0

• Brohoof 1

I mainly stick to mods that enhance the vanilla game (such as Singing Trolls, Autotune Bears, and Posh Mudcrabs... Oh yeah, and serious mods like Apocalypse-Magic of Skyrim, the Better Rewards and Treasure pack, and Alternate Start-Live Another Life), but I also have a few that add extra lands to explore and questlines for mastery of magic for after the main quests and side quests.

Also, this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoB0HfGXNf0

So you play it for pure fun rather than immersion?

I play it for immersion, with mods like iNeed and Frostfall.

Were you guys talking gaming stuff while I was gone?

I've never seen such a thing, but I'm pretty sure it exists somewhere.

My one critique about this format is that the poem isn't palindromic and that you need a cue to tell you when to reverse the poem. What if the poem was so long that you couldn't tell where the reversal point was and read through the entire poem without realising you just read a mirrored poem?

And then there's phonetic palindrome poems, where if you record yourself saying it and play it backwards, you get the same exact poem.

I'm really into RPing and immersing myself in the world though.

Me too. I like to make myself a part of the world as well. But I don't need realism to immerse myself. I'm perfectly happy immersing myself into a world with sinning trolls and crabs with top hats and monocles.

Me too. I like to make myself a part of the world as well. But I don't need realism to immerse myself. I'm perfectly happy immersing myself into a world with sinning trolls and crabs with top hats and monocles.

I'm perfectly fine with killing my companions, ripping out their soul, raising the dead companions with a new soul, and using their souls to make ghost clones.

I have an army of ghost clone Uthgerds following me throughout all of Skyrim.

Edited by A.I. Pony
  • Brohoof 1

I'm perfectly fine with killing my companions, ripping out their soul, raising the dead companions with a new soul, and using their souls to make ghost clones.

Me too!  :pinkie: Oh, that's the best thing ever! I really need to look into getting skyrim for PC so I can mod the heck out if it.

Since when was immersion and fun separate things?

If you're immersed into your game, you're having some sort of fun or you wouldn't be that into it.

If you're having fun, you're definitely immersed to a degree or again, you wouldn't be paying attention to it. Who plays things that aren't fun to them? Unless that thing is LoL. Cause it's nothing but a curse and an addiction wrapped up in a hour long stress simulator, but everyone keeps playing it.

Unless there's some specific or technicality I'm missing or haven't heard of.