General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

I'm bored and don't know what should I do not to be bored.

The same thing I tell most people.

Go be productive. Figure out a way to be productive.

Someone please save me from this smelting hell.

Still have about 10k+ ore to go, which, will be another 3 or 4 days in the least. At least it's all afk work.

Ugh.

Someone please save me from this smelting hell. Still have about 10k+ ore to go, which, will be another 3 or 4 days in the least. At least it's all afk work. Ugh.

"Smelting hell"

Doesn't sound like a circumstance I'd call hell.

Edited by Punicpunch

smelting hell is where you can't forge weapons no matter how many iron ingots you have

That'd be smithing hell.

By that logic, Smelting Hell would be you can't smelt iron ingots no matter how much ore you have.

Edited by Punicpunch

That'd be smithing hell.

By that logic, Smelting Hell would be you can't smelt iron ingots no matter how much ore you have.

whats the thing where you improve your weapon 

the thing with the grindstone 

Someone please save me from this smelting hell.

Still have about 10k+ ore to go, which, will be another 3 or 4 days in the least. At least it's all afk work.

Did I ever tell you about the time when I sold everything in my bank for rune essence and spent more days than I'm proud of walking back-and-forth from Faladerp bank to the Air Altar until I ended up with 100K air runes? This is all pre-Runespan and pre-let's-move-the-air-altar-to-Varrock-so-we-can-have-a-trial-region-of-Runescape. I was, I think, 14 at the time, so according to the logarithmic age scale, it took me an eternity to craft.

"Smelting hell"

Problem: if what we canonically refer to as hell is actually the centre of the earth, no amount of heat will ever melt iron because the insane amounts of pressure in the core will keep the iron solid and un-melty.

Problem: if what we canonically refer to as hell is actually the centre of the earth, no amount of heat will ever melt iron because the insane amounts of pressure in the core will keep the iron solid and un-melty.
Well, I know, that's why the inner core is so hot, but still solid.

But I think that's not what we meant.

Well, I know, that's why the inner core is so hot, but still solid.

But I think that's not what we meant.

Yeah, I take things a little too literally.

Anywaysies, I know what Haven's smelting ores for, and yeah.

"Smelting hell"

It's hell because I have to sit here and suffer the entire time that seems like an eternity.

You trade places with me and do nothing but place gold ore after gold ore into a smoking hot furnace for weeks on end with no end in sight.

See how much you enjoy it.

Did I ever tell you about the time when I sold everything in my bank for rune essence and spent more days than I'm proud of walking back-and-forth from Faladerp bank to the Air Altar until I ended up with 100K air runes? This is all pre-Runespan and pre-let's-move-the-air-altar-to-Varrock-so-we-can-have-a-trial-region-of-Runescape. I was, I think, 14 at the time, so according to the logarithmic age scale, it took me an eternity to craft.

You did not, but I remember doing that way back in the day. Ive run a good number of all kinds of runes, but mostly when I was already rather decently leveled. 100k air runes doesnt even sound like that much unless you were like, below 75 or 50 or something.

Speaking of, I need to run natures again. Both, for money as well as for Superheat to speed up this smelting buisness.

Also, 76 smithing. Once I hit 80 I'm either going back to div to work on 99 or finish off 99 constitution. Ive only two levels there.

Also, Ive made up my mind (mostly), I'm going for 99 herblore or crafting during the weekend and doing Div for what I can after one or both of those are done. Maybe all three will be worked on in an order. Herb (Cause I could use overloads for slayer, super anti-fires for it, and money making too)> Crafting (cause Ive wanted that damn crafting cape for SOOO goddamn long. My like, third most sought after cape right after cooking and questing way back in the day iirc)>Divination (cause how can I be a guardian of balance if I'm not even devout enough in it. Fuck going for 120 though. I'll do that for either Magic, cooking, Runecrafting, or all of the above).

Yeah, I take things a little too literally.

Anywaysies, I know what Haven's smelting ores for, and yeah.

What would that be?

It's hell because I have to sit here and suffer the entire time that seems like an eternity.

You trade places with me and do nothing but place gold ore after gold ore into a smoking hot furnace for weeks on end with no end in sight.

See how much you enjoy it.

I actually misinterpreted the scenario, sorry.

What would that be?

I actually misinterpreted the scenario, sorry.

It's all good. No need to apologize.

At least I only have about 9.9k or so left to go and I'm done with this.

For now. :                                                                                                                                                                                        ^)

It's all good. No need to apologize.

At least I only have about 9.9k or so left to go and I'm done with this.

For now. :                                                                                                                                                                                        ^)

Make some kind of elaborate macro to do it for you and then...

I dunno, eat dinner or something.

Make some kind of elaborate macro to do it for you and then...

I dunno, eat dinner or something.

Ok, so you want me to get banned (again) for using macros/bots. Got it. Glad you're such a good friend to suggest such a thing. Thanks so much, Punic.

Also, fyi, afking in this game is technically "bannable" iirc. I do remember there being a time where simply not being active would actually get you some suspicions.

Ok, so you want me to get banned (again) for using macros/bots. Got it. Glad you're such a good friend to suggest such a thing. Thanks so much, Punic.
Okay, so how was I supposed to know that wasn't allowed?

Also, fyi, afking in this game is technically "bannable" iirc. I do remember there being a time where simply not being active would actually get you some suspicions.
That's dumb...

Okay, so how was I supposed to know that wasn't allowed?

That's dumb...

How many games would actually allow and be ok with a person using an outside program to play the game for them, which, 500% defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first place?

And we're simply talking multiplayer games, here. It's common sense, really. Cheating = bad.

Quite a bit, yeah. I can  see why cause then you have people like me just kinda standing around doing nothing for minutes on end, no responses to anything and just sort of mindlessly working on something, which, is sort of close to a bot minus the standing around for minutes on end.

It's still technically playing the game, without actually playing the game.