Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Can long commute times and untimely traffic jams constitute disappointment? Probably, but only transient, especially since one of them was caused by a car crash. If only I had a car to drive; I'm dependent on carpooling and buses right now.

I heard that commuting to colleges has disadvantages, does that concern you at all?

I heard that'd a common thing while driving, listening to audiobooks.

I believe that me commenting on the status of physical books versus audiobooks and siding with audiobooks is the most millennial thing I've ever done; never mind smartphones and playing Candy Crush nonstop, it's audiobooks.

I believe that me commenting on the status of physical books versus audiobooks and siding with audiobooks is the most millennial thing I've ever done; never mind smartphones and playing Candy Crush nonstop, it's audiobooks.

Millennial can be such a vague term, not sure how I feel about it.

Here's what confuses me about the 'millennial' term. Is anyone under 30 a 'millennial'? 

like anyone born from 1990 on?  because to me, it would make more sense for the term to be applied to people born in 2000 on

Millennial can be such a vague term, not sure how I feel about it.

People have varying opinions on the term "millennial"; I think there is some truth to some of those definitions. I had a discussion with my dad about this and he said he was more with the baby boomer generation, even though my personal definition of "baby boomer" was leaning more to a US thing, not a global thing.

Another thing: I have this weird affinity for 1980s music because my upbringing when I was 1-4 years old was basically stuck in the 80s and with no immediate means of upgrading to 90s tech.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

People have varying opinions on the term "millennial"; I think there is some truth to some of those definitions. I had a discussion with my dad about this and he said he was more with the baby boomer generation, even though my personal definition of "baby boomer" was leaning more to a US thing, not a global thing.

Vsauce yay.

I'm more in the place of "kinda stupid".

There is one thing that refutes my association with "millennial": 90s nostalgia does NOT work on me at all. If nostalgia is a part of that definition, then I should be playing Pokémon Go nonstop but I somehow don't. If there is any truth to those definitions, it's not without its issues.

Oh, by the way, I saw Haven log onto RunEscape. Good thing he's not on World 2 because it's jammed packed with people, even in Perffdernersh. I can't imagine Burthorpe, though; that's a common skilling hub for players without access to Priff.

Here's what confuses me about the 'millennial' term. Is anyone under 30 a 'millennial'? 

like anyone born from 1990 on?  because to me, it would make more sense for the term to be applied to people born in 2000 on

Like I said, it's a stupid term to begin with.

There is one thing that refutes my association with "millennial": 90s nostalgia does NOT work on me at all. If nostalgia is a part of that definition, then I should be playing Pokémon Go nonstop but I somehow don't. If there is any truth to those definitions, it's not without its issues.

Oh, by the way, I saw Haven log onto RunEscape. Good thing he's not on World 2 because it's jammed packed with people, even in Perffdernersh. I can't imagine Burthorpe, though; that's a common skilling hub for players without access to Priff.

I'm too young to have 90s nostalgia, so I can't really relate.

I... don't know anything about Runescape.

Explain what? Just because it's a used phrase doesn't mean it makes sense.

Well, if a phrase is widely used, surely there must be some sense behind it. Even if it's misguided 

You'd be misguided if you think a widely used phrase is usually right.

Do you know how many offensive words used to be used commonly?

I'm not saying they're usually right, or even often right. But there's some reason they're used. Which, I'd like to delve deeper into