General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

i'm doing good. just contemplating on opening music requests/commissions, but wouldn't have any idea on how to start with that

What kind of music stuff? What kind of music do you do? If you wanna link an example I am willing it listen!

<>

I shall boop you. -boop- How are you doing as well?

i'm doing good. just contemplating on opening music requests/commissions, but wouldn't have any idea on how to start with that

Just open up a request thread and let people post stuff to ya for ya to do, but set a hard limit on how many you can have at a time. Like, maybe a list of 5 or so to keep from being overwhelmed. Could also maybe do what ive seen some people do and when they open up, they strictly tell people that while it is a request thread, it is free and you are going to pick and choose which requests you want to do. If it doesn't interest you enough, it'll be overlooked. Something like that might work too.

I've thought about doing the same, but like, I know how terrible i am at actually working on anything properly, so I kinda strayed away from the idea. Though, it would prolly actually help in the long run. Hmm.

What kind of music stuff? What kind of music do you do? If you wanna link an example I am willing it listen!

MIDI music. it's what i know i could realistically handle. you'd get stuff of this level of quality:

i posted a journal about it on another place, but it didn't seem to spark much interest (probably because no one wants to pay for music these days).

Just open up a request thread and let people post stuff to ya for ya to do, but set a hard limit on how many you can have at a time. Like, maybe a list of 5 or so to keep from being overwhelmed. Could also maybe do what ive seen some people do and when they open up, they strictly tell people that while it is a request thread, it is free and you are going to pick and choose which requests you want to do. If it doesn't interest you enough, it'll be overlooked. Something like that might work too.

I've thought about doing the same, but like, I know how terrible i am at actually working on anything properly, so I kinda strayed away from the idea. Though, it would prolly actually help in the long run. Hmm.

i did post a journal about this on another place on the internet, but it didn't seem to spark any interest at all so far. i know what i would open up, it'd be 3/4 hour commissions, which is roughly the time it took to finish those songs i showed up there. i just need to garner some interest to begin with, as well as find out a price average that people would be okay with paying for.

(edited)

I shall boop you. -boop- How are you doing as well?

Spent five hours last night trying to fall asleep but ended up coughing my lungs out in the process.

God damn it, I'm still barely using my computer.

My brother is using my computer more than I am.

Story of my life. Also...

borrow_your_laptop.png

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

(Oh my quotes messed up.. Well.. Fixed now)

MIDI music. it's what i know i could realistically handle. you'd get stuff of this level of quality:

(Links here)
i posted a journal about it on another place, but it didn't seem to spark much interest (probably because no one wants to pay for music these days).

i did post a journal about this on another place on the internet, but it didn't seem to spark any interest at all so far. i know what i would open up, it'd be 3/4 hour commissions, which is roughly the time it took to finish those songs i showed up there. i just need to garner some interest to begin with, as well as find out a price average that people would be okay with paying for.

Ooh nice! You'd be making music for others or just making music? You do a good job so I am sure people will pay for it! I wonder if I should make music myself. If I do I'd wanna learn instruments and put it all together. But I don't think anything I would do would go out so well.. >.<

Spent five hours last night trying to fall asleep but ended up coughing my lungs out in the process.

Oh I know how that is. I haven't been super sick in a while thank Celestia but it may happen. I need a flu shot... Anything new art wise school wise or whatever wise?

(edited)

Ooh nice! You'd be making music for others or just making music? You do a good job so I am sure people will pay for it! I wonder if I should make music myself. If I do I'd wanna learn instruments and put it all together. But I don't think anything I would do would go out so well.. >.<

Oh I know how that is. I haven't been super sick in a while thank Celestia but it may happen. I need a flu shot... Anything new art wise school wise or whatever wise?

Everyone in my family is too lazy to get a flu shot for some reason. Anywaysies, there was one instrument that I wanted to play when I was a kid, but looking at it now, it's horribly inefficient. I mean, there are much better piano keyboard layouts than the hand-contorting one we have right now.

And I've been thinking about drawing Vissy in my new art style but I haven't gotten to it because of how busy I am. inb6 Vissy's mouth gets squigglier as the days go by.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

Everyone in my family is too lazy to get a flu shot for some reason. Anywaysies, there was one instrument that I wanted to play when I was a kid, but looking at it now, it's horribly inefficient. I mean, there are much better piano keyboard layouts than the hand-contorting one we have right now.

(YouTube link goes here)

And I've been thinking about drawing Vissy in my new art style but I haven't gotten to it because of how busy I am. inb6 Vissy's mouth gets squigglier as the days go by.

Oh heh. I need to stop being lazy. But after my car needing countless repairs I am outta money. At least I get better benefits now

And Vissy's mouth getting squigglier? xD I mean.. I guess I can see that. xD

Oh heh. I need to stop being lazy. But after my car needing countless repairs I am outta money. At least I get better benefits now

And Vissy's mouth getting squigglier? xD I mean.. I guess I can see that. xD

Now, what could get Vissy's mouth to become more scrunched up like that? I wonder...

Now, what could get Vissy's mouth to become more scrunched up like that? I wonder...

We would have to ask her. But I am glad she is back, Hmm.. Who else was here when I first came in.. I forget them all... I still talk to Electrobolt all the time though. Me and him talk every day.

weird. i don't seem to be getting notifications today. oh well

like i said, i was planning to open 3-4 hour commissions. the commissioner would give me a theme or an idea, and i'd work for that on the allotted time, then show them the finished product. i don't seem to be strumming up much interest, though...

We would have to ask her. But I am glad she is back, Hmm.. 

wouldn't you like to know

weird. i don't seem to be getting notifications today. oh well

like i said, i was planning to open 3-4 hour commissions. the commissioner would give me a theme or an idea, and i'd work for that on the allotted time, then show them the finished product. i don't seem to be strumming up much interest, though...

That sounds cool! And yeah, that works. What would prices be?

Hmm... What way would there be to strum up some interest? Get your word around or something? That may work. I dunno. People are picky though, So.. Hmm...

That sounds cool! And yeah, that works. What would prices be?

Hmm... What way would there be to strum up some interest? Get your word around or something? That may work. I dunno. People are picky though, So.. Hmm...

that's one thing i haven't figured out yet. i was asking on another place about what they would pay for music like this, but i didn't really get any responses. i guess it would be around 15-25 dollars? i don't know what people would be willing to pay for this stuff.

I would love to make a directed graph of the chord sequences of various different songs just to see what it looks like. Problem is that a lot of them are predictable. Example: C major --> G major --> A minor --> F Major.

Granted, that's not bad because what if on the second iteration (or even fourth), what if you have C major --> E minor --> F major -- > G major? And after that group of four iterations repeats itself once more, you enter a whole new loop, and there's an E minor 7 which can be thought of as being one chord branching to two different chords at the same time--

I must be fun at parties.

wouldn't you like to know

Haven might know...

that's one thing i haven't figured out yet. i was asking on another place about what they would pay for music like this, but i didn't really get any responses. i guess it would be around 15-25 dollars? i don't know what people would be willing to pay for this stuff.

Oh I see. Hmm.... I think you'd need to get yourself out there first I guess. There are more places so.. Any idea of where you'd look?

Get the audience first before trying to charge anything. You need to actually have some type of following that would show people it's worth paying for something like this or you won't get anyone at all. Unless you get lucky and get those one or two people you find that like to try out things on a whim, but yeah.

I also meant to post this yesterday and thought I did, so oops.

Umm, you do know that's stupid hella expensive, right?

For a starting up person and whatnot, that's a lot to just invest into and I honestly feel like setting a hard limit of time also makes it worse.

You only work on it for 3-4 hours. If you dont get any ideas going in those hours, then what? They just paid that much for nothing? There goes everything you wanted and then some cause that's prolly going to spread terribly. 

Do. Not. Charge. Anything. Yet. You. Don't. Have. The. Ground.

Which, is why im saying to start out with something like I suggested above.

And I also meant to post it yesterday, but this still needs the effect behind it.

Also also, do mind you this is coming from someone with a good bias towards your stuff, so there's that too.

Haven might know...

I cannot confirm nor deny whether I know any secrets like that.~