Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Oh I see. Hmm.... I think you'd need to get yourself out there first I guess. There are more places so.. Any idea of where you'd look?

no, i don't. music commissions doesn't seem to be exactly held in high regards from what i can see.

Get the audience first before trying to charge anything. You need to actually have some type of following that would show people it's worth paying for something like this or you won't get anyone at all. Unless you get lucky and get those one or two people you find that like to try out things on a whim, but yeah.

I also meant to post this yesterday and thought I did, so oops.

Umm, you do know that's stupid hella expensive, right?

For a starting up person and whatnot, that's a lot to just invest into and I honestly feel like setting a hard limit of time also makes it worse.

You only work on it for 3-4 hours. If you dont get any ideas going in those hours, then what? They just paid that much for nothing? There goes everything you wanted and then some cause that's prolly going to spread terribly. 

Do. Not. Charge. Anything. Yet. You. Don't. Have. The. Ground.

Which, is why im saying to start out with something like I suggested above.

And I also meant to post it yesterday, but this still needs the effect behind it.

Also also, do mind you this is coming from someone with a good bias towards your stuff, so there's that too.

first off, i didn't come up with that price-range, my friend did. 

second, the ideas are to come from my client. they'll give me a theme or idea they want to hear, and i'll work off on that. for example, one of the songs i posted amongst my examples is something i did finish in about 3-4 hours, when a friend wanted to do an art-trade with me. all "3-4 hour commissions" mean is that i'll work on the song at the allotted time i'm given when i'm able to do so. if you can think of a better way to price music commissions, i'd like to hear it. regardless, i'm positive that i have the experience to do this, since as i said, all of the songs i posted as examples were done in 3-4 hours.

you make good points otherwise, though. this is why i'm starting to throw balls into the pit, to garner some attention in the first place. i should probably make a thread about this, what do you suggest i should offer in the thread?

no, i don't. music commissions doesn't seem to be exactly held in high regards from what i can see.

first off, i didn't come up with that price-range, my friend did. 

second, the ideas are to come from my client. they'll give me a theme or idea they want to hear, and i'll work off on that. for example, one of the songs i posted amongst my examples is something i did finish in about 3-4 hours, when a friend wanted to do an art-trade with me. all "3-4 hour commissions" mean is that i'll work on the song at the allotted time i'm given when i'm able to do so. if you can think of a better way to price music commissions, i'd like to hear it. regardless, i'm positive that i have the experience to do this, since as i said, all of the songs i posted as examples were done in 3-4 hours.

you make good points otherwise, though. this is why i'm starting to throw balls into the pit, to garner some attention in the first place. i should probably make a thread about this, what do you suggest i should offer in the thread?

Your friend must be made of money.

Just cause they give you a starting idea does not mean you'll actually be able to fluff it up all the time, that's what I'm trying to get at. And if you just so happen to hit a blank during those 3-4 hours then what? They just get whatever you managed? That would make for some angry people.

I would sure be mad as hell if I paid money on something that ended up like that, that's for sure. Hell, if I ask for a request and it for some odd reason looks to be a decenty bit less quality than others around it I'm going to be mad even then. I just won't say anything about it.

You've already heard what I have to say on that. I wouldn't be doing it at all at this stage.

I've also gone into the thread part before too, so wheeee.

No one said you didn't have the experience for it, but experience doesn't save when it comes to a blockage.

Your friend must be made of money.

Just cause they give you a starting idea does not mean you'll actually be able to fluff it up all the time, that's what I'm trying to get at. And if you just so happen to hit a blank during those 3-4 hours then what? They just get whatever you managed? That would make for some angry people.

I would sure be mad as hell if I paid money on something that ended up like that, that's for sure. Hell, if I ask for a request and it for some odd reason looks to be a decenty bit less quality than others around it I'm going to be mad even then. I just won't say anything about it.

You've already heard what I have to say on that. I wouldn't be doing it at all at this stage.

I've also gone into the thread part before too, so wheeee.

No one said you didn't have the experience for it, but experience doesn't save when it comes to a blockage.

these are all valid points. but what, i shouldn't make a thread about this now then, you're saying?

I just wish I was able to stay awake longer, or at least not feel as tired.

Drink energy drinks or take a (some) nap(s) during the day whenever you feel tired.

Might not be the best for a sleeping schedule, but it sure does help with the first bit.

Second part you just kinda gotta be used to it, really.

We had such a windy day today the entire town's power went out.

On the plus side, there's no school tomorrow.

Someone drove their car into the power lines, which closed the only road that connects my area with the rest of the outside world.

Good thing it didn't happen when I had class.

But seriously, how many times does someone have to drive their car into the power lines?!

Someone drove their car into the power lines, which closed the only road that connects my area with the rest of the outside world.

Good thing it didn't happen when I had class.

But seriously, how many times does someone have to drive their car into the power lines?!

Well, they don't have to do it at all.

Some people are just inept sometimes.

Well, they don't have to do it at all.

Some people are just inept sometimes.

Well, this is the gazillion the time it's happened. They had the bright idea of moving some of the power lines away from the road a few years ago, but it can't be done for the entire section of power lines.

(edited)

1 point half hours of sleep and I'm texting like a stereotypical noob with a smartphone except with terrible words per minute.

Phones aren't really meant to be typed with high words per minute.

That's why people use so many abbreviations and emoticons.

Edited by Sir Punicpunch

i actually showed him what it was about. i don't know if i spooked him in the process of doing so, though.

I saw the sign.

Phones aren't really meant to be typed with high words per minute.

That's why people use so many abbreviations and emoticons.

Not me.

Wait, me from the past would like to object.