Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

18 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I'm literally losing sleep over this but it looks like I was right again. Aspergers wasn't added to the DSM until 1994 and I was born a year before that. If the autism radar was supposed to be upgraded that time, it never was (or it was never fast enough), and given the preliminary research (IE, Google searching on my phone in the middle of the night), I'm far from the only one who slipped past the radar...

I'm not sure if I should be glad about that.

Losing sleep about it? Why? And I was born in 1992 so it was a couple years after. But it's not a bad thing, to be honest I wouldn't be me without it.

What are you studying in college?

2 minutes ago, Lil'Cinnamon said:

Losing sleep about it? Why? And I was born in 1992 so it was a couple years after. But it's not a bad thing, to be honest I wouldn't be me without it.

What are you studying in college?

I don't even know who I am, but given what I'm finding out, aspergers/high-level autism is becoming more likely. My brother said that even if it were the case, it wouldn't matter in the long run, but for me, it does. My ridiculous brilliance comes at the cost of being too arrogant to others and even more frustratingly, being unable to explain anything to others. It's why I stopped mod development, even though it's the best position I can ever be in. I've not found a position where I can be like that since 2015, and I'm sure they (the community I left) wouldn't want me back.

Honestly, if my 19 year old self were any braver, he'd be asking how to deal with autism but he wouldn't be the one affected. I've barred myself from the subject of autism for far too long because of how bad it affects my family. LOW-LEVEL autism affects my sisters and it's almost destroyed my entire family countless times, and all I've done is just sit there hiding from everything because I absolutely hated it. Worst period was 2011-2015. AND NO, I COULD NOT JUST GROW UP OR MOVE OUT; NONE OF THOSE OPTIONS WERE EVEN POSSIBLE (what I've been told in response). THAT was when I started college and had no idea what I wanted to do. Countless times asking for help has never gave me the help I needed, so I accepted the fact that help is impossible to obtain and self-explanation WILL NEVER GET ME ANYWHERE AND WILL MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A WEAKLING. It's very complicated and even then, I can never explain it fully in-depth.

No wonder Haven calls me an enigma.

Computer science. Why?

On 4/11/2017 at 9:54 PM, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I don't even know who I am, but given what I'm finding out, aspergers/high-level autism is becoming more likely. My brother said that even if it were the case, it wouldn't matter in the long run, but for me, it does. My ridiculous brilliance comes at the cost of being too arrogant to others and even more frustratingly, being unable to explain anything to others. It's why I stopped mod development, even though it's the best position I can ever be in. I've not found a position where I can be like that since 2015, and I'm sure they (the community I left) wouldn't want me back.

Honestly, if my 19 year old self were any braver, he'd be asking how to deal with autism but he wouldn't be the one affected. I've barred myself from the subject of autism for far too long because of how bad it affects my family. LOW-LEVEL autism affects my sisters and it's almost destroyed my entire family countless times, and all I've done is just sit there hiding from everything because I absolutely hated it. Worst period was 2011-2015. AND NO, I COULD NOT JUST GROW UP OR MOVE OUT; NONE OF THOSE OPTIONS WERE EVEN POSSIBLE (what I've been told in response). THAT was when I started college and had no idea what I wanted to do. Countless times asking for help has never gave me the help I needed, so I accepted the fact that help is impossible to obtain and self-explanation WILL NEVER GET ME ANYWHERE AND WILL MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A WEAKLING. It's very complicated and even then, I can never explain it fully in-depth.

No wonder Haven calls me an enigma.

Computer science. Why?

Yes, there very much is a reason I do that. x)

But, you really are blowing this out of proportion. Like, massively, hun. It literally does not matter anything past what a figurative (and maybe not so figuratively for doctors) piece of paper will say and tell people. Not at this point, at least.

On 4/11/2017 at 10:00 PM, Kivil said:

We only have 4 days left. Still haven;t heard a lot of hype. Maybe the fandom is slowly dying

The fandom has been slowly dying since a long while back. 

2 hours ago, Miss H said:

The fandom has been slowly dying since a long while back. 

I don't want to think so. But the truth cannot be hid any longer.

7 hours ago, Miss H said:

Yes, there very much is a reason I do that. x)

But, you really are blowing this out of proportion. Like, massively, hun. It literally does not matter anything past what a figurative (and maybe not so figuratively for doctors) piece of paper will say and tell people. Not at this point, at least.

Be honest here: do I always overcomplicate everything and am I that enigmatic?

Also, where do I go from here?

23 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Be honest here: do I always overcomplicate everything and am I that enigmatic?

Also, where do I go from here?

Yes and yes at times (moreso the first one, really, but that kinda just furthers the second one as well), which, isn't exactly a bad thing, mind you. Even with you being like that I still manage to stick around and whatnot cause your company isn't bad at all. Might be a bit harder for others especially any that just meet you, but hey.

You continue where you were already going, hun. Ive said it once before I'll say it again: This shouldn't really be changing much of anything for you as its just giving a name to a trait of yours (if it's even true, at that).You don't have to change anything up or start going about things differently just because of it.

21 minutes ago, Miss H said:

Yes and yes at times (moreso the first one, really, but that kinda just furthers the second one as well), which, isn't exactly a bad thing, mind you. Even with you being like that I still manage to stick around and whatnot cause your company isn't bad at all. Might be a bit harder for others especially any that just meet you, but hey.

You continue where you were already going, hun. Ive said it once before I'll say it again: This shouldn't really be changing much of anything for you as its just giving a name to a trait of yours (if it's even true, at that).You don't have to change anything up or start going about things differently just because of it.

Watch me ramble again...

How's about this? If it starts to become a problem or if someone brings it up again, I'll go get it confirmed. I feel like there's plenty of evidence to back it up at this point.

And, well, I've already had one situation where I feel like it became a problem. Haven, I wanted to talk to you about this for forever, but I had to be removed from the mod dev team I spent countless hours working with, simply because of a developmental disagreement that I thought was essential but no one else thought was. I told them I'd return in 2017, but honestly, I don't wanna return at all because I'm far too ashamed to, and since then, I feel like a big part of me has been missing.

Remember how I was fiercely reluctant to try another city building game? Now I've logged 300+ hours in gameplay and THIS happened: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/812125426/152391285459608307/?ctp=11#c133261907150212668 I'll leave this up to your interpretation.

3 hours ago, Crazy_Rainbow_dash said:

So uh rocket league players?

Never heard of it.

1 hour ago, Woona :3 said:

Florida gas stations sure get busy.

Yesterday, my dad and I loaded one 7-11 with 500 bags

Oh yeah, aren't you an ice deliverer?

On 4/15/2017 at 1:15 PM, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Watch me ramble again...

How's about this? If it starts to become a problem or if someone brings it up again, I'll go get it confirmed. I feel like there's plenty of evidence to back it up at this point.

And, well, I've already had one situation where I feel like it became a problem. Haven, I wanted to talk to you about this for forever, but I had to be removed from the mod dev team I spent countless hours working with, simply because of a developmental disagreement that I thought was essential but no one else thought was. I told them I'd return in 2017, but honestly, I don't wanna return at all because I'm far too ashamed to, and since then, I feel like a big part of me has been missing.

Remember how I was fiercely reluctant to try another city building game? Now I've logged 300+ hours in gameplay and THIS happened: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/812125426/152391285459608307/?ctp=11#c133261907150212668 I'll leave this up to your interpretation.

Aye, do it if it'll help you chill out a bit over it, hun. x)

Then just go back. Idk what kind of disagreement would cause someone to feel that bad that they can't return somewhere unless it was like, a violent one. If it wasn't that then there's no reason you can't just go back. Or, if you really want, you can easily just find another place to join up and do the same thing there. It'd let you fill the hole and keep you from having to be around whoever was on the old team/site.

Since you already seem to have a game in mind with stuff you can do to help/build it up, you can just stick with that if you want.

3 hours ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Oh my god.

I'm back.

Yay, Punic is back!

Hello!

1 hour ago, Miss H said:

Then just go back. Idk what kind of disagreement would cause someone to feel that bad that they can't return somewhere unless it was like, a violent one. If it wasn't that then there's no reason you can't just go back. Or, if you really want, you can easily just find another place to join up and do the same thing there. It'd let you fill the hole and keep you from having to be around whoever was on the old team/site.

Since you already seem to have a game in mind with stuff you can do to help/build it up, you can just stick with that if you want.

Trust me, its pretty ugly. I'm pretty much the only one who understands anything at all and nearly everyone else has no idea what they're doing. They go about things in ways that are messy, inefficient, and follow no pattern, and I'm the only one who could see beyond that and find the best possible alternatives. And the dev leader, I hate to say it, is the biggest offender.

Worst part is they don't even recognise how important I even am. Only one other person even realised how hyperstreched I was, and believe me, I was hyperstreched. Team's been shrinking for years. At one point, there were three devbronies and by 2015, I was the last one. Did literally everything solo because either no one else would or had no idea what I was doing. And no amount of explaining ever convinced them that my method was the best. Either that or they finally did understand it and it gets miscredited to everyone else.

I had every best intention for the team, and I failed to prove it. I was too overworked to even care, but then who even cared about me, anyway?

I'm probably exaggerating the last bit; they probably do care but I just don't want to go through that experience again of feeling unimportant. If I do return, it won't be to those communities, and if anyone asks, I'll probably deny them an answer or just disacknoledge them.

---------------

Here's the worst part: it's two separate communities that I left, one of which I moderated and the other one with the dev team, but because of how it's set up, everyone from that dev team also goes to that secondary community.

Even worse, that community is a community of communities. Back a bazillion years ago, I genuinely felt threatened with Cities Skylines dethroning SimCity 4, so I vehemently denied myself any interaction with the CS community and stuck with the SC4 community. Heck, it was even reflected in one of my sociology paper's rough drafts on, yes, SC4. And yes, even all of my subsequent programming projects.

(Even worrier worse, the oldest forum member on that communityception thing died at the age of I think he was in his 80s. I remember conversing with him, but it felt more like correcting him half the time, so I never spoke to him again. It wouldn't feel right for me to return there.

(Even worsisillier worse, one of the devbronies was one of my closest friends. He also had autism but I felt like I could understand him regardless. He even took it upon himself to freakin become an actual traffic engineer and I thought that was the coolest thing ever. (Like a broken record; many of my closest friends tend to have autism and it like never even phases me/them unless me bringing it up messes it up. (Like I even remember Jadefire talking about that and I think it upset him. (Oh my god, how many nested parentheses? (Oh my god, where even is Cinny?! (If you read this, you deserve a cookie. (Like seriously, I can go on all day. (I may as well, the bus doesn't come until 16:00. (Why can't I live closer to the university?!))))))))) 

Apparently that's also how my old friends thought I had aspergers; extremely passionate interest in a very obscure subject was one trait. Apparently I found out that they told my brother instead of telling it directly to me because they didn't wanna disturb me, which in itself already disturbs me.

I'm such a mess.

Greetings everypony! :grin:

Time to make new acquaintances !

What are you all doing right now? I just woke up and I' sipping a large cup of coffee :)