General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

I go to sleep and everyone starts talking about tabletop RPGs... really?

Yeah, just reinstall Ice Wind Dale.

I never got to Ice Wind Dale, but I played Baldur's Gate too much for my own good.

Back in the olden days, we all have too much imagination. You can give us two dices and a few sheet of paper, suddenly everyone is in a castle and shit :P

Olden days... that's news to me. You need more than two dice anyways, rolling stats takes at least 3.

Nah, it's fine. I've never had the chance to do tabletop....

I weep for those who haven't had the chance to experience it. Fortunately I found a bunch of people that are into it.

it's like a realtime version of roleplaying we have in this forum, so everyone have to be creative and extremely initiative And dices, oh god the dices. You no longer have to be afraid of god-modding. You can literally attack all you want, because everything is decided by the Dice God

Ever smash a crystal containing a dracolich, that instantly vaporized you... I have. I also tricked a paladin into trading items with my troll. His item ended up breaking when he dropped it... such a fragile vorpal sword it was. I could go on, but I'm sure you already have an idea of the random things that can happen.

Yes. Natural 20 pls.

Pfft. Double Natural 20s pls.

• Brohoof 1

Bloody hell that's good...

In my opinion, vidya OST can do good even without any lyrics. Sometimes they can distract us from opening multiple crates of kick-ass to the enemies

Oh I never meant to imply that it isn't good without lyrics just that when they do it it's always very good stuff. It's also made me kick more ass rather than distract me. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

@@Jinx, Is Count Ponydox scared of me now cause I played Slender or what?

It would seem that way, I've never explored the game or the mythos behind it to be honest. It's just a passing trend, and I guarantee I've seen creepier things.

hey :

also, i finally figured out how to continue this dnb WIP. yay!

Lol damn revenant! :lol:

Those things are hella annoying.

Ooo, nice! feel like posting what ya got?

And do you care to hear mine?

* just saw the earlier post.

Edited by Hven

here's what i've done with the DNB WIP so far:

http://soundcloud.com/viscramaelstrom/starsweeper-skyscapes-wip

Shall listen once I'm home or get another chance at work.

Here's mine. Don't even have a name yet.

http://soundcloud.com/tjphillips-1/dnb-in-progress/s-i0w35

i already posted it at the top of this page! xD

and sure. :3

Lol I noticed. x)

I posted before checking the latest page. :P

Fable 1 is a glorified Hack-n-Slash. Don't fool yourself, it's not a good RPG. It's a ocean sized puddle. Last good one was Morrowind. And it was horrible.

Okay Pixel Queen. The people of today apparently enjoy these games. And I love Hack-n-Slash. But, Fable lost a lot of what I loved in the original as it moved forward. That was my point. Though you may think I meant RPGs in general, I meant video games on whole.

And despite what you say, sometimes quality is subjective. No two reviews of anything are the same. Unless of course something is so godawful no one would ever want play it. Also, what is your opinion of Dragon Age Origins?

In conclusion, older stuff may have been whatever it was you said it was, but that does not detract from the games of today. If people still want to play it, it will continue to line to pockets of the big corporations. That is a fact of life I hope you are well aware of.

Berry Pie, i couldn't help but smile seeing one of your signatures in the rotator. :3

Oh? Which one? Was it one of mine? Describe it.
  • Brohoof 1

I think Ponydox hates me now. But because I played a game? That's cruel.

Well, I don't think Paradox hates anyone. I don't know his thoughts, but I'm sure he doesn't hate you. I could be wrong, and you should ask him yourself, but don't sweat the small stuff. It's just a scary video game. Not everyone likes those, and they tend push themselves away from things like that.