General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Trust me, it's annoying. I stayed away from there for a few months. I came back because I wasn't gonna let 'em sour the experience and friendships I had there.

But eventually, I may have to. This is one great thing about this place: the staff's professionalism. Its record is nearly spotless.

There is one that bugs me, though.

The sooner you leave, the better. It will only hurts more if you invested too much time in that kind of community.

Say, what is this thing that bugs you? VnCRQ.png

Say, what is this thing that bugs you? VnCRQ.png

This (from the FAQ):

• Abusive behavior: 250 points

This should be fairly straight forward. Abusive behavior is, quite simply, the act of  being a prick . There are many ways in which one can be a prick, to such an extent that attempting to list them all out here would be an impossible feat. If you n eed to know how to avoid getting this warning, you're probably on the wrong forum.

Bold emphasis mine.

The word "prick" is not a tame swearword. Depending on the culture, it can be extremely vulgar. If I said that to someone, I would get socked in the face because people take that extremely seriously.

Here's how I think would suffice:

Abusive behavior is a display of attitude that mocks people on this forum. It consists of being rude, snide, vulgar, sardonic with the intent to insult, insulting via name-calling, trolling, and intentionally creating drama. If you notice abusive behavior, report the post instead of responding to it. If you feel a post you're creating may be abusive or borderline abusive, write a support ticket and copy-and-paste the post for evaluation.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

Now I am ready for Christmas.

I already have my holly jolly grenades and  Santa hat on.  ^_^

The word "prick" is not a tame swearword. Depending on the culture, it can be extremely vulgar. If I said that to someone, I would get socked in the face because people take that extremely seriously.

I didn't even know that prick was a swear word to begin with. :wacko:

This (from the FAQ):

Bold emphasis mine.

The word "prick" is not a tame swearword. If I said that to someone, I would get socked in the face because people take that extremely seriously.

Over here in England, the word 'prick' is so overused that it's pretty much become as tame as 'crap'.

It really depends on your usage of the word though, because there's a huge difference between when you directly call someone a prick (an abusive way), and when you say that someone is acting like a prick (A descriptive way)

I agree that the FAQ needs a tiny bit of straightening out in terms of language used, but I don't think it's really all that bad.

Edited by JayBee
  • Brohoof 1

What can I say, at least the word do its job conveying what the rule is all about EVShg.png

But I agree it could use some re-wording, though. You might want to start a feedback thread.

Thank you very much. Now I am ready for Christmas.

Need more Rudolph

Is it bad to go into a thread about liking a certain band and just announcing that you hate them with a fiery passion?

If you're looking to possibly get your butt handed to you on a silver platter.
  • Brohoof 2

Is it bad to go into a thread about liking a certain band and just announcing that you hate them with a fiery passion?

Not at all. :wacko:

Not at all. Just make sure your reasons are just so people won't respond scathingly towards you. ;)

Not at all. Just make sure your reasons are just so people won't respond scathingly towards you. ;)

Umm, would "because my friend did nothing but preach about them for so long as well as them not being my style at all", suffice?

• Brohoof 2

Not sure if serious

or

trying to get me killed...

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.  :ph34r: