General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

You probably saw this question coming from me, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.........................how did you think of Vanellope :3?

Cute and neat.

I wouldn't say that... It just... weirded me out... And had me scared/worried for Scoots... Hopefully now, though, he's sleeping, getting ready for tomorrow

I hope so as well. Crazy how he finds time for any of it.

• Brohoof 1

Hello everyone.

1250530813_dancing_storm_troopers.gif

PTmcp.gif

I find it strange that Titanic is mah 2nd favorite movie. I'm more into animated movies and sci-fi action movies, but I didn't think I'd like a romantic disaster one so much :/.

I'm not alone? Thank Celestia 2L8M4.png

• Brohoof 2

As long as it doesn't disrupt normal RP exploration. I'm an easygoing kind of guy. If you say you won't screw anything up, then that's that. I'm easy to convince. If you really want to, I'll let ya.

Perhaps I'll just come out and say it. Will you follow simple and honest rules of standard RP and not have a character that will break rules such as Mary Sue and God Mod? Because honestly, I do not know what The Doctor can do....

I will point out that the Doctor is a little bit Mary Sue-ish, at least in terms of his abilities. The writers of DW like to make up abilities for him as the plot demands, or give him some kind of gadget that can help him defeat a foe or something. Not to mention his intelligence gets a bit exaggerated at times (though it's justified, considering he's been traveling all of time and space for over 900 years). However, this is all based around what the writers want him to do. If you don't want him to be a Mary Sue, he doesn't have to be. And I can probably think of a reason why he won't have his TARDIS, which will significantly lower his abilities

Edited by Jack0vAllTrades

1236863706_bull_jumps_into_the_crowd.gif

>flying bull

S5fHs.jpg

And I can probably think of a reason why he won't have his TARDIS, which will significantly lower his abilities

Yep, he will have to do without the TARDIS, just keep the blue box somewhere not too close for him to spam-teleport.

I will point out that the Doctor is a little bit Mary Sue-ish, at least in terms of his abilities. The writers of DW like to make up abilities for him as the plot demands, or give him some kind of gadget that can help him defeat a foe or something. Not to mention his intelligence gets a bit exaggerated at times (though it's justified, considering he's been traveling all of time and space for over 900 years). However, this is all based around what the writers want him to do. If you don't want him to be a Mary Sue, he doesn't have to be. And I can probably think of a reason why he won't have his TARDIS, which will significantly lower his abilities

Ah, so my fear was not unfounded. Well, if removing his TARDIS will allow him to be somewhat normal, all the more reason I can let him join the expedition.

And since no one else seems to have any ideas for it, I shall have to improvise later.

>flying bull

S5fHs.jpg

Yep, he will have to do without the TARDIS, just keep the blue box somewhere not too close for him to spam-teleport.

1236952162_girl_playing_with_escalator.g

Edited by Silver Arrow

ovGm9.jpg

And since no one else seems to have any ideas for it, I shall have to improvise later.

Hm... Will there be any NPC in the expedition team? Something like guards or maybe small-time mercenary.

• Brohoof 1

Hm... Will there be any NPC in the expedition team? Something like guards or maybe small-time mercenary.
I dunno, maybe. But that would mean i'd have to manage 'em. It'd be easier to hire a PC instead.

A poast I've made about the Doctor's Mary Sue-ish nature before:

Some people like to complain that he's a Mary Sue, which is a legitimate complaint because he does have a lot of Mary Sue-ish traits. He knows about pretty much everything in the universe, his regenerations make him technically immortal, he's charming and lovable to virtually everyone he meets that aren't his enemies, he almost always thinks of ways to get out of everything (usually with his technology or something about his alien body), and he's had romantic relationships with 3 out of the 4 companions he's had throughout the new series. However, the Doctor also has enough traits that a Mary Sue would NEVER have, which saves him from Mary Sue status. Things like having meaningful and lasting character development, lying to people and just being a douchebag sometimes, having a decently big ego, being quite insane, and overall being ACTUALLY likeable, funny and skilled, as opposed to just being described as those things. Seriously, he has some of the funniest lines I've ever heard on TV. Those traits tend to fluxuate depending on the regeneration of the Doctor, but they're mostly pretty consistent
Edited by Jack0vAllTrades

Dun dun

u8wTk.jpg

I dunno, maybe. But that would mean i'd have to manage 'em. It'd be easier to hire a PC instead.

We can force Haven to take the "Big Guy" role lEJ9q.png

And Arcanel can be the mare

A poast I've made about the Doctor's Mary Sue-ish nature before:

Nah, whether it will be mary Sue or not will be determined by your posts in the RP.

• Brohoof 2

We can force Haven to take the "Big Guy" role
I can see that.
And Arcanel can be the mare
But his OC is a stallion. If you want a mare, we'll have to hope someone from GCT has one.
Nah, whether it will be Mary Sue or not will be determined by your posts in the RP.
 Aye, very true. But let's not get all excited. Haven hasn't even turned in his writing prompt yet.

Darn it Dad...

*sigh* Because dad thought it would be OH-SO-CONVENIENT to do some shopping tomorrow, he said we'd have to leave at FREAKING 10:30 AM TO GET THAT DONE... And guess what... THAT IS WHEN PONIES WILL BE AIRING!!!!! So yeah... I'M GONNA MISS THE LIVE STREAM OF THE NEW EPISODE D:<

Edited by Electrobolt

Whats the "Big Guy" role? :huh:

It's like Fred in the Scooby Doo gang. Twilight Sparkle can almost fill the role too. Can't really remember a better example TEUUc.png

While not exactly leader of the team, everyone can rely on the Big Guy to set things right when shit happens.

But his OC is a stallion. If you want a mare, we'll have to hope someone from GCT has one.

Aw shoot. It's gonna be weird if the only filly is Asteria (if she even join in)

Darn it Dad...

*sigh* Because dad thought it would be OH-SO-CONVENIENT to do some shopping tomorrow, he said we'd have to leave at FREAKING 10:30 AM TO GET THAT DONE... And guess what... THAT IS WHEN PONIES WILL BE AIRING!!!!! So yeah... I'M GONNA MISS THE LIVE STREAM OF THE NEW EPISODE D:<

yVvzW.gif

Don't worry. You can always watch it on Youtube VnCRQ.png

• Brohoof 1

It's like Fred in the Scooby Doo gang. Twilight Sparkle can almost fill the role too. Can't really remember a better example TEUUc.png

While not exactly leader of the team, everyone can rely on the Big Guy to set things right when shit happens.

Um, those two are leaders of their respective teams.

Aw shoot. It's gonna be weird if the only filly is Asteria (if she even join in)

Should I bring her along?