General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

My Berry Pie instincts never fail! Perhaps this game is a bit easy after all. I'm a main character after all. I mean, how could I fail?

It may or may not be over yet though. Just depends...  x) 

But seriously, I guessed the right answer? Did you set it up in a way so that I would respond correctly? Perhaps like a certain psychohistorian?

I dunno... Dusky does like pretty things, but his favorite pretty thing is Luna. Anything else will do nicely though. The problem isn't Dusky himself, the problem is the baggage that he carries. At the end of this RP, I will post the back stories for the NPCs and you will be able to soak in some pretty interesting tales. Until then though, just trust that Dusky is probably the most complex character in this RP. x)

afaik Lapis never really told anyone about Asteria, how could he know? (or he did, but I missed it ._. )

He doesn't know. See, it is really a trick question. Dusky would like to hear "Luna" as the answer to that last question. That's his beautiful thing. x)

But anything else will do as well as long as it is expressed well... 

• Brohoof 2

Seriously though, Lapis is in a situation that he can handle. Just be natural.
I honestly knew right away how to respond. Just needed to check to make sure I wasn't crazy since the answer was obvious. A little creepy if you ask me... Like you knew exactly how I'd respond...

Lapis never really told anyone about Asteria, how could he know?
Oh, he loves to talk about his beloved assistant. You haven't been reading closely.
I hope Lapis will survive
Nah, he'll be fine. Me on the other hand, am quite scared. Good thing Lapis knows what he is doing, unlike me... 
  • Brohoof 2

I honestly knew right away how to respond. Just needed to check to make sure I wasn't crazy since the answer was obvious. A little creepy if you ask me... Like you knew exactly how I'd respond...

Electrobolt would tell you, I'm weird like that >_> 

• Brohoof 2

It may or may not be over yet though. Just depends...  x) 
That is the part where I rely on the other characters. Honestly, I need a sidekick or two.
I dunno... Dusky does like pretty things, but his favorite pretty thing is Luna. Anything else will do nicely though. The problem isn't Dusky himself, the problem is the baggage that he carries. At the end of this RP, I will post the back stories for the NPCs and you will be able to soak in some pretty interesting tales. Until then though, just trust that Dusky is probably the most complex character in this RP. x)
I expect too much from you. I thought you actually predicted the course of action and set things up accordingly so that Lapis would survive. So much for that....  :(
He doesn't know. See, it is really a trick question. Dusky would like to hear "Luna" as the answer to that last question. That's his beautiful thing. x)
That would never occur to Lapis. He rarely thinks beyond studying and those close to him, which happens to be a very small amount of ponies. Rather, only Asteria and the rare acquaintance. 
  • Brohoof 1

Electrobolt would tell you, I'm weird like that >_> 

Yes, yes you are. This RP is very complex, and I'm just poking around blindly hoping I don't wake anything up...

And Trixie was supposed to die! Where is the body I was promised! I expected a show, and all I received was a few tricks. And poor Lapis Lazuli is trapped in a room with a very scary pony...

• Brohoof 2

I see...you know the reason I ask is, not because I "defend" the characters, but because I'd like to see an RP and/or story that was good and had a Mary Sue. And I think that you CAN use one if it is either, for comedic purposes, or the character doesn't want to be a Mary Sue or maybe even one that had a "Mary Sue past", so to speak.

Mary Sue past is one-ticket way to ruin a good character imo. If an OC needs a terrible past to be awesome, instead of be awesome in the present, then it's ain't awesome.

Writing a Mary Sue character without driving other roleplayers run screaming is very tricky... You know nobody enjoys to be used as a cheerleader for the Mary Sue :x

I might be wrong though. Until now I never really see a good Mary Sue roleplayer.

I have never seen a name of a comic series fit so well to what it has.

You should google "Cyanide and happiness depressing comic week"

Oh, he loves to talk about his beloved assistant. You haven't been reading closely.

Shoot... I need to read more D:

I dunno... Dusky does like pretty things, but his favorite pretty thing is Luna.

Say... Do you have any plan including the Princess of the Night in the horror train? VnCRQ.png

• Brohoof 2

Nah, ill be fine without. Thanks for the offer though. :)

And suddenly, you're trapped in Argentina. What do? :P

But you're welcome. :)

Mary Sue past is one-ticket way to ruin a good character imo. If an OC needs a terrible past to be awesome, instead of be awesome in the present, then it's ain't awesome. Writing a Mary Sue character without driving other roleplayers run screaming is very tricky... You know nobody enjoys to be used as a cheerleader for the Mary Sue :x I might be wrong though. Until now I never really see a good Mary Sue roleplayer.

I understand all that you said. In fact, that should be an advanced exam of a roleplayer.

Make a situation where a Mary Sue character could enter and not cause trouble and/or create  Mary Sue character that is not annoying. I have the feeling few would pass. ^_^

It really depends on how you make it. If an RP is comedic enough to allow it, a Mary Sue character could initiate laughhs galore should the others decide to take action INSIDE the RP due to how annoying the character is. A "Mary Sue past" chracter could be allowed should the transition of a "Fall from Grace" style is well done (that's what I meant by the way. Having being LIKE  a Mary Sue in the past, but not afterwards), and the amount of identity and self-hate that one could have because of how much one DESPISES hving the traits of what would be considered a Mary Sue. Ironically, you could make an RP about an RP and you'd be set...

Make a situation where a Mary Sue character could enter and not cause trouble and/or create Mary Sue character that is not annoying. I have the feeling few would pass.

Many have tried, countless have fallen U44KB.png

A good Mary Sue is a Mary Sue that never really use its traits

If an RP is comedic enough to allow it, a Mary Sue character could initiate laughhs galore should the others decide to take action INSIDE the RP due to how annoying the character is. A "Mary Sue past" chracter could be allowed should the transition of a "Fall from Grace" style is well done (that's what I meant by the way. Having being LIKE a Mary Sue in the past, but not afterwards), and the amount of identity and self-hate that one could have because of how much one DESPISES hving the traits of what would be considered a Mary Sue.

Now that's kinda unusual... I never see things like that before.

So, you planned to use this plan in your 1st RP? lEJ9q.png

Ironically, you could make an RP about an RP and you'd be set...

What n3WKz.png

Edited by Starshine

Many have tried, countless have fallen U44KB.png

A good Mary Sue is a Mary Sue that never really use its traits

Now that's kinda unusual... I never see things like that before.

So, you planned to use this plan in your 1st RP? lEJ9q.png

What n3WKz.png

I could guess enough. Making a good Mary Sue is an art.

Also, wait, is it possible for a Mary Sue not to act as a Mary Sue? I mean I could understand a Mary Sue not wanting to be a Mary Sue, but is anyway, but isn't a Mary Sue supposed to act like Mary Sue, regardless of everything, otherwise it stops being a Mary Sue?

And of course it's unusual, nobody dares. :ph34r: But I don't blame anybody. It'd be nice to see stuff like the things I mentioned well done, but then again, the one who dares must have some serious confidence and skills.

And HELL NO! I'm not about to go all kamikaze! :P I'm just discussing posibilities. If I actually were tyo do it myself, then it will be when I have enough confidence in my skills and the gall to do it. Which I don't think will happen in a GOOD while. Plus, first timer with a Mary Sue?

While I am insane, I'm not THAT insane, and I'd rather keep whatever sanity I have, left intact.

And also, think about it. Making an RP imgining people who are making an RP, therefore you're making a story of storymakers and the story of the storymakers. :ph34r:

• Brohoof 1

Say... Do you have any plan including the Princess of the Night in the horror train?

Only if everything, literally, goes to hell. Meaning that the detective fails or dies, Magicon dies, and Key Gear gets killed. In that case, everyone is going to die except for one pony, and Luna will deal with him... Or try and fail to do so.

Yes, yes you are. This RP is very complex, and I'm just poking around blindly hoping I don't wake anything up...

Berry, you are either a genius or naturally gifted at figuring out my machinations. Yes, yes... Something is sleeping at the moment, though just barely. 

And Trixie was supposed to die! Where is the body I was promised! I expected a show, and all I received was a few tricks. And poor Lapis Lazuli is trapped in a room with a very scary pony...

Trixie is dead. Please note, she didn't make it to her room. Long live Trixie.

As for the show... Well, Springer seems strangely good at that stuff... Hmmm...

• Brohoof 1

Ok, then, id have to! :lol:

And I would gladly help you. :) Plus you probably wouldn't have that much trouble fitting in. I always tend to think that Argentina is kind of the USA of South America, but with less money, more stupid, and smaller in size.

@@Arcanel, You overthinking the whole roleplay thing.... 

Haha, don't worry Berry. I overthink EVERYTHING. This shouldn't surprise you. :lol: But worry not Berry-sensei. If I use my skills when roleplaying, it shall as I KNOW I should use them. I'll be good with my mind, I Pinkie Promise. Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.

Berry, you are either a genius or naturally gifted at figuring out my machinations.

According to Berry, I'm supposed to be good at analyzing. Maybe so, but when an RP comes up, back the hell down, HERE COMEs BERRY PIE! 

• Brohoof 2

Only if everything, literally, goes to hell. Meaning that the detective fails or dies, Magicon dies, and Key Gear gets killed. In that case, everyone is going to die except for one pony, and Luna will deal with him... Or try and fail to do so.

>inb4 tentacle raep

I'm so gonna watch the shit out of the RP U44KB.png

And how could you even think of killing Trixie off?!

With a hammer and various plot twists, it seems

While I am insane, I'm not THAT insane, and I'd rather keep whatever sanity I have, left intact.

Yeah, better use a normal, your everyday, down-to-earth, mortal pony before you try anything fancy.

So, how's your OC going?

• Brohoof 1

I don't like the idea of relying on them. Is there nothing I can do to escape? I kinda want to know what would happen if they all fail. Writing that heartbreaking scene might kill me though. You know the one. Bad end, Asteria in tears... Remember, if Lapis dies, I'm going to try my hardest to make people cry.

Berry, you are either a genius or naturally gifted at figuring out my machinations. Yes, yes... Something is sleeping at the moment, though just barely. 

I am Berry Pie. I know all and see all.

Trixie is dead. Please note, she didn't make it to her room. Long live Trixie.

Darn, I knew I missed something.

As for the show... Well, Springer seems strangely good at that stuff... Hmmm...

Bah, let the aquamancer deal with the freaky pegasus.

Sometimes you have to trust in your character and their abilities. By far, Lapis Lazuli is the best researcher on board the train. Sometimes the investigator makes it to the end, sanity intact. Not all Lovecraft tales end with everyone dead... Just most of them...

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, better use a normal, your everyday, down-to-earth, mortal pony before you try anything fancy. So, how's your OC going?

Aye. I just started anyway. Only a hardcore RPer would go to "Dante Must Die" mode when starting. :P 

And I think it's going good. By tomorrow, I should have the OC character sheet ready to be checked by Berry, and with luck, posted. 

• Brohoof 2