General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Now I need to redo all my homemade signatures...

This is only with the oatmeal sig: The lack of anti-aliasing. That's why it looks so jagged around the edges.

This is why I only operate using Inkscape these days: Vector art is infinitely scalable, so that you can never have pixelated edges at all. Plus, when you export to PNG, you get the effects of anti-aliasing.

Hi, everybrony.

Can you imagine a world where the earth spins faster?

• Brohoof 1

Hey everyone, how's it going.

Hai!

Pretty good for me.

How you be?

Now I need to redo all my homemade signatures...

Or just resave them as pngs.

That might work without the need to actually redo them completely.

I also love how you named it "Pinkie_Banner" and not Signature....

:P

Hi, everybrony.

Hai Jade!

This is only with the oatmeal sig: The lack of anti-aliasing. That's why it looks so jagged around the edges.

This is why I only operate using Inkscape these days: Vector art is infinitely scalable, so that you can never have pixelated edges at all. Plus, when you export to PNG, you get the effects of anti-aliasing.

Okay, no idea what you are talking about, but I use a free program from the internet. And since my banners don't end up blurry anymore, I'm now a master of them. Mu ha ha ha ha ha.
  • Brohoof 1

Can you? :P

Posted Image

Hmmmmm.....

I believe I can do this! :D

So thats why its better than JPG. :wacko:

I knew it was, just not why it was.

Okay, no idea what you are talking about, but I use a free program from the internet. And since my banners don't end up blurry anymore, I'm now a master of them. Mu ha ha ha ha ha.

It's a digital design thing, and I took a DD class back in high school, so I've a bit of experience.

So thats why its better than JPG.

I knew it was, just not why it was.

No no; JPG will ruin everything with compression artefacts everywhere. BMP will do the same thing if you upload to deviantART, and I had to learn that the hard way. Now I do everything in PNG format.

• Brohoof 1

Pffft. Master, schmaster.

You still gotta replace all the siggies in your rotator. ;)

No no; JPG will ruin everything with compression artefacts everywhere. BMP will do the same thing if you upload to deviantART, and I had to learn that the hard way. Now I do everything in PNG format.

Aah, thanks for telling me that.

I really need to study up on this stuff, if even just little.

You still gotta replace all the siggies in your rotator.

It was only three. It's very easy to edit my rotator. And, you can add three signatures at a time.

Here they are, not so blurry. What do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Much, much, MUCH better!

I also meant to point out the dj-pon3 one some time ago, but got lazy making the screen shot.

Comparing that one to the new one shows such a difference.

Oh, yea. and what program do you use for them?

Oh, yea. and what program do you use for them?

Fruit pastry secret. Eh, fine, you can learn where they come from.

BannerSnack

The trick is, I cheat by making a screen capture. I can't use it to make GIFs that way, but I would not know how to, nor do I wish to know how to.

• Brohoof 1

Euuugh my step father is upstairs hogging the tv with every single football game in existence. I'll watch football if the Ravens are playing, but if they aren't I don't give a flying...

Fruit pastry secret. Eh, fine, you can learn where they come from.

BannerSnack

The trick is, I cheat by making a screen capture. I can't use it to make GIFs that way, but I would not know how to, nor do I wish to know how to.

Aah.

Why not use Paint.net?

Really simple to pick up and Jokuc made a tutorial on how to do so.

Why are so many things having sales at this time? D:

Stupid black friday and me not having enough money saved up! http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Aah.

Why not use Paint.net?

Really simple to pick up and Jokuc made a tutorial on how to do so.

Nah, no thanks. I already learned Banner Shack, and even that I barely know. I only make signatures part time, not professionally like professionally professional professionals.

Pinkie Pie playing something with somepony can be good, something like her having a race with Dashie on a cloud might looks perfect.

Uhhhh.... I can try....
  • Brohoof 1

Nah, no thanks. I already learned Banner Shack, and even that I barely know. I only make signatures part time, not professionally like professionally professional professionals.

Uhhhh.... I can try....

lol I do them even less that than and i stil have the lowest professional program of them all.

I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about so I'm going to go off topic and post this video for almost no reason whatsoever.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5x6oySK2Jc

Someone should totally jump in there and see how long it takes for them to get caught by it! :D

They won't break anything or nothing like that....

They'll just die.

• Brohoof 2

Four hour roadtrip tomorrow until Sunday, and we leave about 9 AM-ish, I think.

And I haven't packed.

#WatchOutWeGotABadass

Packing, then maybe sleep.

Night!

• Brohoof 1