General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

@, When you are able to change, are you planning on becoming Cadence-based? You just posted two Cadences.

I'll be able to change on the 29th

Cadance will be my avvie and....

you know what, I'm already ruining the surprise

Okay I'm planning on changing my name to ~Pony-Zukin~ for certain reasons

My avatar is going to be cadance while my Sig is going to be Celestia and Luna

so there you have it

that's what is gonna happen

yeah. i didn't expect that, either. not that i have a problem with it, but i intend to keep such images off here.

Yeah, I fixed it

you know what, I'm already ruining the surprise

You gave it away the minute you started posting Cadence instead of Luna.

for certain reasons

Can you share these reasons?

You gave it away the minute you started posting Cadence instead of Luna.

Can you share these reasons?

Mostly because my GamerTag on Xbox is Pyro Zukin and I'm wanting my MLP Forums name to be a Zukin as well

I'm also getting a bit tired of the ds8 tag for some reason :huh:

So I'm going for something completely different

Edited by dark stalker

@,

Posted Image

Of course, you know that clicking on any of the sounds you have brings up its controls and another screen that is usually hiding behind the main one. You can normally right click on anything you can manipulate and get a drop down menu. Click 'Create Automation Clip' and it will put you one in the playlist area.

Now, some plugins will not allow you to just simply right click them.

Like the one I am using in the next screenshot.

Posted Image

You have to instead click on that arrow in the top left corner to bring out a drop down menu and click 'Make editor thumbnail'.

Now, when you do that you will get something like this in the area where you can find all of your samples and basic plugins.

Posted Image

It should automatically have you looking at whatever plugin you were just in.

Click on the appropriate plugin and it will give you a whole giant list of things that can be manipulated.

It looks like this.

Posted Image

Now you just have to find what you want to make an automation clip for.

Now, whenever you create an automation clip, it will be sent into the playlist area and look something like this.

Posted Image

Though, it will always be a straight line like the top one.

You can add points to it by right clicking anywhere on the line. I'm guessing that depending on what you have your 'snap' set to determines where as well.

You can also change how anything BEFORE that point acts by right clicking on a point. You will get a drop down menu with some options.

Posted Image

There will be an empty circle in between points that you can mess with as well, changing how it reacts there.

They look like this.

Posted Image

With that, you can make a gradual build up, gradual fading out, and a few other things.

Just mess around with it using different options to see the outcome.

'Hold' is the only one without one that I know of, as it leaves the last point exactly where it is and is used for a sudden change.

• Brohoof 1

that picture of Princess Luna and Princess Celestia with Twilight as a alicorn made me think of what if alicorns don't born, what if they are regular unicorns and earn their wings when they reach a fair amount of maturity.

Would Cadence be inmortal as Luna or Celestia, because she was clearly a teen mare when Twilight was a filly, she can't be inmortal since she's married to Shining Armor, he would die and she would be alive like a vampire XD

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to go on the record and say that Python Regular Expressions are a royal pain in the ass. They look scary until you learn the basics and then they seem simple...until they don't work and you have to find out why.

Regexes: Both a beautiful thing and the biggest turd you'll ever deal with. :lol:

@,

Posted Image

Of course, you know that clicking on any of the sounds you have brings up its controls and another screen that is usually hiding behind the main one. You can normally right click on anything you can manipulate and get a drop down menu. Click 'Create Automation Clip' and it will put you one in the playlist area.

Now, some plugins will not allow you to just simply right click them.

Like the one I am using in the next screenshot.

Posted Image

You have to instead click on that arrow in the top left corner to bring out a drop down menu and click 'Make editor thumbnail'.

Now, when you do that you will get something like this in the area where you can find all of your samples and basic plugins.

Posted Image

It should automatically have you looking at whatever plugin you were just in.

Click on the appropriate plugin and it will give you a whole giant list of things that can be manipulated.

It looks like this.

Posted Image

Now you just have to find what you want to make an automation clip for.

Now, whenever you create an automation clip, it will be sent into the playlist area and look something like this.

Posted Image

Though, it will always be a straight line like the top one.

You can add points to it by right clicking anywhere on the line. I'm guessing that depending on what you have your 'snap' set to determines where as well.

You can also change how anything BEFORE that point acts by right clicking on a point. You will get a drop down menu with some options.

Posted Image

There will be an empty circle in between points that you can mess with as well, changing how it reacts there.

They look like this.

Posted Image

With that, you can make a gradual build up, gradual fading out, and a few other things.

Just mess around with it using different options to see the outcome.

'Hold' is the only one without one that I know of, as it leaves the last point exactly where it is and is used for a sudden change.

neat. if you create an automation clip though, will it get an action you can use though? i've seen that i can create an automation clip by right-clicking the mixer-track number, but i couldn't understand how to get it working though.

I'd like to go on the record and say that Python Regular Expressions are a royal pain in the ass. They look scary until you learn the basics and then they seem simple...until they don't work and you have to find out why.

Regexes: Both a beautiful thing and the biggest turd you'll ever deal with. :lol:

RARO!

:o Finally puttin' some of your stuff out there, eh? I'll have to take a listen for a bit. How's school been goin'?

Fillerfillerfiller

you don't need to fill up to the character limit in the Forum Lounge. :P

school is the main reason why i'm finally doing all of this stuff. at home i'm just a generally unproductive slob... i don't want that. i want to become better, better at many things. like music, digital art, drawing, video, photography... i might be a tad bit insane trying to undertake all of these things at once, but i really want to get better at them, and the only way to do so is to find a way to learn all of that stuff.