General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Because science.

Because you need to wait.

Because you are lame.

Science is ok.

Waiting is for stupid people.

Shut yer mouth, Louanne.

That's why I never really shutdown mine, i just put it on standby mode aZpbg.png

Anyway, sup?

I could try and do that sometime before I'm allowed mine back. But i know m moms runs hella slow when waking up from standby mode which she has it in all the time. Then again, her computer sucks...

Nothing much. Just got back home with food.

Bored, about to find something to do.

You good sir?

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately, you don't know them, and I don't feel like copy pasting my lessons right now. Unless you want me to....

You don't have to bother yourself like that, I already have my own style of roleplaying, which may or may not be good U44KB.png

Well, I haven't gotten to use both at once in a while, so I can't remember it all that well. Being sick is really annoying.

The sickly medicine from yesterdays didn't work? :c

I hope you will get better soon

Damn you... and here I thought you had some for me :c

ShOGw.png

• Brohoof 1

And you can trust me?

Oh, dear God.

No silly, I'm teaching you. You're the one I need people for, along with Arcanel. How could you forget?

I started doing it years ago, whatever reason I had I can't remember anymore. Now I just do it cause I like saying it

Fair enough.

Its gonna be hard to ignore it thanks to my inner spelling nazi and slight ocd...

Been Skyping like a mad man tonight :P

I haven't skyped in forever.

Never used it that much at all to begin with.

Just a useless program sitting on my comp atm.

You don't have to bother yourself like that, I already have my own style of roleplaying, which may or may not be good
Link me some examples.
The sickly medicine from yesterdays didn't work? :c I hope you will get better soon
 I actually stopped taking it, which probably was a bad idea. I'll go take one now...

No silly, I'm teaching you. You're the one I need people for, along with Arcanel. How could you forget?

Ohh.

I didn't forget, I just interpreted that sentence wrong.

Just me and my sandwiches~

Wooo! Sandwhiches!

Well, I have no idea how you'd play him, and I rather like the name Time Turner. It's a pony name. But call him what you like. It's like Derpy Hooves and Ditzy Doo. Up to the human being talking.

Well, what I meant was that I thought you were saying I should play Time Turner, as a different character than the Doctor. Like how some people consider Derpy and Ditzy different characters

Though if we're just talking about the name here, I think I can find a compromise: In Doctor Who, the Doctor commonly uses the fake human name "John Smith" to hide his Time Lord identity when he needs to. He could pretend to be a normal pony on the quest and just be using the name "Time Turner" for the same reason

If you can justify why he'd be going to the mysterious south, I guess I can let you use him. Of course, the idea isn't set in stone. I'd love to hear some new ideas from anyone right now.

Well, thinking of a reason for why the Doctor would want to  go on an expedition to some mysterious ruins would be pretty easy, since the show revolves around the idea of the Doctor traveling and exploring new places just for the hell of it

Edited by Jack0vAllTrades

Luckily, I didn't have too much difficulty swallowing the medicine this time. I had to sort of trick myself though.

Well, thinking of a reason for why the Doctor would want to  go on an expedition to some mysterious ruins would be pretty easy, since the show revolves around the idea of the Doctor traveling and exploring new places just for the hell of it
Okay, you seem standard enough. Welcome aboard. Hopefully I'll be better soon, can finish teaching my students all I know, then give them their test. Edited by Berry Pie

Link me some examples.

I guess you can start from here

http://mlpforums.com/topic/35740-rp-train-ride-headed-west/page-7

I'm not exactly proud of my posts there, I had a hard time trying to participate in what's going on :x

Personally I like having my character looking around for stuffs and gubbins, leaving other characters to take the spotlight, and only steps forward when something that's actually interesting happened.

I actually stopped taking it, which probably was a bad idea. I'll go take one now...

May the force be with you y0Qnc.png

Wooo! Sandwhiches!

HyYWH.png

• Brohoof 1

Personally I like having my character looking around for stuffs and gubbins, leaving other characters to take the spotlight, and only steps forward when something that's actually interesting happened.
 Sounds like he'd work in the GCT RP we're planning.

I haven't skyped in forever.

Never used it that much at all to begin with.

Just a useless program sitting on my comp atm.

I've completely abandoned MSN in favor of Skype.

So just to clarify, I'm allowed to play as the actual Doctor, right (in pony form, of course)? The Time Lord with the TARDIS and Sonic Screwdriver and stuff? I ask because you said this earlier:

Well, I don't want any Time Lords in there, sorry. Unless you just mean Time Turner, regular earth pony from Ponyville, then maybe. Otherwise, I'd love to only have OCs. Much more fun with unique ponies.

And I just want to be sure we're on the same page here

Edited by Jack0vAllTrades

Sounds like he'd work in the GCT RP we're planning.

Really? Glad to hear that! a78Ev.png

Say, does Lapis' family also mines the silica sands or maybe quartz crystal? His profile only specifically says metals and the like.

I just noticed, we're almost at page 3000

ShOGw.png

So just to clarify, I'm allowed to play as the actual Doctor, right (in pony form, of course)? The Time Lord with the TARDIS and Sonic Screwdriver and stuff? I ask because you said this earlier:
As long as it doesn't disrupt normal RP exploration. I'm an easygoing kind of guy. If you say you won't screw anything up, then that's that. I'm easy to convince. If you really want to, I'll let ya.

Perhaps I'll just come out and say it. Will you follow simple and honest rules of standard RP and not have a character that will break rules such as Mary Sue and God Mod? Because honestly, I do not know what The Doctor can do....

Sorry if I'm being a tad unpleasant. I just need this to be perfect. Teaching is tough work ya know. One bad thing happens, and the whole thing goes off rails. Or something.

Really? Glad to hear that! a78Ev.png

Say, does Lapis' family also mines the silica sands or maybe quartz crystal? His profile only specifically says metals and the like.

Yeah, sure.

I haven't the slightest clue. I just made up a backstory that allows for a cool name like Lapis Lazuli. Um, maybe? Why do you ask?

Because honestly, I do not know what The Doctor can do....

As long as he doesn't have his TARDIS, honestly the Doctor isn't any different with your everyday scholar unicorn (albeit a little crazy and knows too much about everything)

I haven't the slightest clue. I just made up a backstory that allows for a cool name like Lapis Lazuli. Um, maybe? Why do you ask?

Quartz sand is the primary ingredients in most commercially sold glasses, Sandy had to buy lots of it each month. I guess it would make a nice point, heheh.

[sets up a turret]

No more kitties.

Ligers?

XEKcZ.jpg

Edited by Starshine

As long as he doesn't have his TARDIS, honestly the Doctor isn't any different with your everyday scholar unicorn (albeit a little crazy and knows too much about everything)
Then I shall allow the pony to join the expedition. Uhg, my head is foggy.
Quartz sand is the primary ingredients in most commercially sold glasses, Sandy had to buy lots of it each months. I guess it would make a nice point, heheh.
Maybe, but Lapis hated the mines. 
  • Brohoof 1