Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Yeah, that helps. It's just that when I don't notice immediate results I get really discouraged. Like I said, my brain is a mess, and I'm full of flaws. I wish I could stay calm in firefights. Should I just say, "Calm down. Calm Down," to myself? If I could just stay calm, I could plan out my shots, and when playing Soldier in TF2, when you only have four rockets and a massive reload time, you can't get anything done if you're missing everything. Another thing I can't do is rocket jump. I've seen people pull off some of the coolest, most graceful maneuvers, but no matter how much I try, all I can do is the normal "Run forward, look down, jump, and fire" move that puts you up in the air a bit. You have to time things by the millisecond while making very fast movements to really soar, and I can't do it. I don't know what the timing is supposed to be, and even when I do succeed, I can't replicate it, so I don't know how to practice. One more reason I hate myself.

3 rockets for me. :3

Or sometimes zero, in the case of the Beggar.

But yes, try that. If it will make you think to calm down, then try it. I've done that a few times myself in fighting games actually. Literally catching myself saying out loud to calm down and wait.

And as for rocket jumping, Ive got nothing on that. :/

All I know is one guy I watched to it midgame would run foward, then quickly turn backwards and shoot as he jumped shooting him up in the air and far across. No idea if thats the proper way to do it or not, but it seemed to work for him.

For something like that, in order to practice its just grab the Rocket Jumper, go into a private one, and rocket jump your arse off until you can fully remember the timing that is needed. Practice is nothing but redoing the act over and over and over and over until you get good enough at it to do it without a whole lot of thinking or do it really well.

What is that? Starcraft?

Quake Live.

Im not so good at RTSs. Havent played them enough.

Starcraft is an RTS....right?

• Brohoof 1

3 rockets for me. :3

Or sometimes zero, in the case of the Beggar.

But yes, try that. If it will make you think to calm down, then try it. I've done that a few times myself in fighting games actually. Literally catching myself saying out loud to calm down and wait.

And as for rocket jumping, Ive got nothing on that. :/

All I know is one guy I watched to it midgame would run foward, then quickly turn backwards and shoot as he jumped shooting him up in the air and far across. No idea if thats the proper way to do it or not, but it seemed to work for him.

For something like that, in order to practice its just grab the Rocket Jumper, go into a private one, and rocket jump your arse off until you can fully remember the timing that is needed. Practice is nothing but redoing the act over and over and over and over until you get good enough at it to do it without a whole lot of thinking or do it really well.

Quake Live.

Im not so good at RTSs. Havent played them enough.

Starcraft is an RTS....right?

You're a TF2 player then. I feel stupid now.

I've watched videos of people rocket jumping, but they do it so fast I can't tell what their timing is. In all the rocket jump tutorial videos I've seen, it seems like the people making the videos assume you already know how to do it and just focus on strategies. They never explain, step by step how to do different kinds of jumps. I've also tried that technique where you quickly turn to the side when you jump, but I usually screw it up and fire too soon or too late, and most of the time even when I do propel myself forward, my trajectory is too high. I always do pop flies as opposed to line drives, which is what all the professional Soldiers are able to do.

I'm no good at RTS's either for the same reason: I can't multitask and freak out.

• Brohoof 1

speaking of rocket jumping, there's an entire tutorial in Quake Live dedicated to teaching you just that, as well as airstrafing.

That stuff requires so much quick thinking. It's why I can't do it.

You're a TF2 player then. I feel stupid now.

I've watched videos of people rocket jumping, but they do it so fast I can't tell what their timing is. In all the rocket jump tutorial videos I've seen, it seems like the people making the videos assume you already know how to do it and just focus on strategies. They never explain, step by step how to do different kinds of jumps. I've also tried that technique where you quickly turn to the side when you jump, but I usually screw it up and fire too soon or too late, and most of the time even when I do propel myself forward, my trajectory is too high. I always do pop flies as opposed to line drives, which is what all the professional Soldiers are able to do.

I'm no good at RTS's either for the same reason: I can't multitask and freak out.

Im not competitive with it or anything, but I have been playing it quite a chunk recently. :3

And dont feel stupid for something I didnt say.

Then you need to find a proper beginner tutorial that will show how it should be done. I dont even know what a pop fly or line drive is. :wacko:

I'm bad at multitasking as well. :lol:

I also have a habit of going super slow with my production just to get a big army or something down the road. Which usually ends up with me getting destroyed early on. Speed in those games are not my strong point at all. :I

Hai, Motion! :3

*glomps Motion*

• Brohoof 1

Im not competitive with it or anything, but I have been playing it quite a chunk recently. :3

And dont feel stupid for something I didnt say.

Then you need to find a proper beginner tutorial that will show how it should be done. I dont even know what a pop fly or line drive is. wacko.png

I'm bad at multitasking as well. laugh.png

I also have a habit of going super slow with my production just to get a big army or something down the road. Which usually ends up with me getting destroyed early on. Speed in those games are not my strong point at all. :I

Just baseball terms. I mean that I send myself high into their air without moving forward very far instead of shooting myself forward really fast and not gaining much altitude.

I've looked for tutorials, but they all seem the same. They all assume you know how to rocket jump and give little to no pertinent information. Basically they all seem dedicated to showcasing how good the guy making the video is at rocket jumping and then saying, "Be like me."

I just forget about things. I'll try to micromanage an army and forget about my base.

not with that face of yours XD 

Oh, come now. You know you like this face. ;3

Maybe I shouldn't glomp you because of whatever it is Motion is doing in your avvy?

Just baseball terms. I mean that I send myself high into their air without moving forward very far instead of shooting myself forward really fast and not gaining much altitude.

I've looked for tutorials, but they all seem the same. They all assume you know how to rocket jump and give little to no pertinent information. Basically they all seem dedicated to showcasing how good the guy making the video is at rocket jumping and then saying, "Be like me."

Aaah. Im not a sports guy, so that would explain why I didnt know them.

Hmm, then I guess just messing about with it one day is the only way to really figure it out.

There isnt any location damage in QL is there?

*pomf*

oops! silly me I don't have wings XD 

I think unicorns would shoot off a little magic or something. X)

Speaking of which....YOU LEFT OFF SYNTH'S HORN! D:

I JUST REALIZED THIS.

DAMMIT.

you can add that stuff in pony.fm

*whistles*

two things:

i seem to have an habit of missing out on free requests, since that's what i assume your respective avatars are. joy.

secondly, pony.fm seems like a really cool site that i'll never be able to use whatsoever, because i'm completely uninterested in making pony music now.

*pomf*

I think unicorns would shoot off a little magic or something.

inb6 Ganaram faceRHWUser'sManual-ing and awkwardly blushing. (Who needs to facehoof when you can facebook using a manual you had actually written?)

headshots and the like? nope, because das shit is for call of pussies. :v

you DO, however, get a nice sound indicator whenever you hit an enemy.

Headshots are not only for that game and are a good thing to have.

And Ive noticed the sound you get for hitting an enemy. Its a better indicator than a small mark on your screen appearing.

@@Ruby, he doesn't have a horn :/ 

Yes he does. He's a unicorn. :I

two things:

i seem to have an habit of missing out on free requests, since that's what i assume your respective avatars are. joy.

secondly, pony.fm seems like a really cool site that i'll never be able to use whatsoever, because i'm completely uninterested in making pony music now.

yep. you missed it :I

inb6 Ganaram faceRHWUser'sManual-ing and awkwardly blushing. (Who needs to facehoof when you can facebook using a manual you had actually written?)

does that even makes sense?

Yes he does. He's a unicorn. :I

your reference doesn't have a horn anywhere, unless he's hiding it in his a**