Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A whack job theory about Equestrian dolphins

tigris115

Ok, you know how all the Hooved animals can talk. Well hippos are Hooved animals and their closest relatives are whales and dolphins. This means that cetaceans can be classified with the cloven hoofed mammals. So long story short, whales and dolphins can talk.

• Brohoof 1

Whales and dolphins have hooves!?!? O_O

tumblr_m9g0tsjEGv1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

In all seriousness though, I highly doubt that. Hippos, eh, maybe...But I doubt that they're "closest relative" could also count as a sentient being.

Then again, this is a cartoon kid's show. Anything can talk.

• Brohoof 1

Hopefully the dolphins have moon beam magic that they've harvested from tears with which to enable communication with them.

But hey, if Sea Ponies can talk, why not some whales. Talking whales are always cool.

• Brohoof 4

Talking whales that live alongside the seaponies? SHOO BEE DO!

But in all seriousness, if anything they may have the hippos have a deep voice like what they did in the Lion King. But I doubt they'll add talking hippos/whales/dolphins to the show (of course the dolphins would have a high pitched voice).

Hopefully the dolphins have moon beam magic that they've harvested from tears with which to enable communication with them.

DO I SEE A NOSTALGIA CRITIC FAN!?

I can't believe I'm admitting I watch him...My entire family would slaughter me if they found out I watched him...Every single episode...At least once...

• Brohoof 2

That is a fascinating theory indeed, but where is it even hinted at that all hooved animals have the ability to talk?

Whales and dolphins have hooves!?!? O_O

img-1343112-1-tumblr_m9g0tsjEGv1rqfhi2o1

In all seriousness though, I highly doubt that. Hippos, eh, maybe...But I doubt that they're "closest relative" could also count as a sentient being.

Then again, this is a cartoon kid's show. Anything can talk.

Of course Dolphins and Whales have hooves.

Actual photograph:

W-Dolphin-Horse1.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I can't believe I'm admitting I watch him...My entire family would slaughter me if they found out I watched him...Every single episode...At least once...

"If a unicorn and a dragon can get along, why can't our parents?"

Also, @ Harmonic Revelations, I don't know who said it, but the writers have said that all hooved animals can talk.

Edited by CITRUS KING46

"If a unicorn and a dragon can get along, why can't our parents?"

Also, I don't know who said it, but the writers have said that all hooved animals can talk.

"God, I miss Elizabeth. *sniff*....

Almost as much as I miss Vanessa. *snoooooork*"

Really? So wow, I guess the OP has a valid point...O_O That's a new one.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Whales aren't considered hoofed-animals, actually. While they are in the same Superorder, they are in a different order and are not grouped with hoofed-animals because they are fully aquatic, and do not support their weight on their toes.

Also, it's worth noting that horses are in a different order than hippos. However, since we've seen cows and buffalo talk, which are in the same order as hippos, I wouldn't rule out their ability to talk.

Relevant (it's a very large chart, so I'm not embedding it to save this page from heinous load times): http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/Cladogram_of_Cetacea_within_Artiodactyla.png

Also, this is a kids show with talking animals, so trying to determine which animals can talk and which can't based on phylogenetics is pointless tongue.png

Edited by Evilshy

But hey, if Sea Ponies can talk, why not some whales. Talking whales are always cool.

*sniff sniff* I smell fellow Nostalgia Critic fans!  AWESOME!!!! cool.png

As for the whale/dolphin theory, I mean, if most of the animals we've seen so far in this show can talk, then I'm guessing they could as well.  They are at least mammals after all.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but the theory doesn't hold up. Diamond Dogs don't have hooves, they have paws, and they can talk. Admittedly not very well, but you can hold a conversation with them.

These are true facts, no doubt. I guess there are exceptions, like dragons and stuff. But I am positive, 100% sure, that they said hooves animals can talk.

I just know they can...

[Cue music]

SOMEDAAAAAAY...