movies/tv The Best Movies You've Seen?

Azura

Hey everypony! 

So i'm making this thread because I'm interested to know what your all time favorite movie is. I don't mind if you make a list of movies but it would be more interesting I guess if you just named one movie in particular. 

What is my favorite movie of all time you ask ? Why it's inception of course! I thought the cast, story and action was amazing. I just loved it because it involved the topic about lucid dreaming and dream sharing which I find interesting. 

So please tell me what your all time favorite movie or movies and why. 

• Brohoof 3

It is realy hard to name just one film,
and every time I come up with a great movie a get reminded of like ten others

but, if i had to mantion just one movie, it has to be "God Bless America"
Not that i think this is the best movie of all times, since I would not be able to pick one out of my great selection of movies.
But because this movie stands out... it is not one of those hollywood movies that always end in the some way!
It has a new kind of story line and is a new concept of making movies and something I had been waiting for a long time.

My two favorite movies are Taxi Driver, directed by Martin Scorsese (Favorite Director next to Stanley Kubrick) and The Usual Suspects, directed by Bryan Singer. If you haven't watched these movies, I must say you reaaalllyy should! There block busters.

(edited)

I can't really pick one movie out of them all but from what's come to mind now it would be between District 9 or How to Train your Dragon, i really couldn't pick between the two. Honorable mention would be the dark knight trilogy.

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy

*unfolds sheet of paper*

Buckle up ponies, cause I've got a list.

• Inception
  • The Prestige
  • The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight Rises (Yes, I liked it. I seem to be the only person who does.)
  • Warrior
  • Despicable Me
  • Ink
  • Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
  • Princess Mononoke
  • The Godfather II
  • Lord of the Rings Trilogy
  • Star Wars (Original trilogy)
  • The Champ

As for favorite, it'd have to be a tie between The Champ and The Prestige. Both are great movies, but I bawled my eyes out multiple times at The Champ, so I'm going with that one. :3

I have a lot of favorites but to name a few Lost in Translation, Chungking Express, Ice Storm, Back to the Future, 9th Gate, Fifth Element, Moonrise Kingdom....List could go on.. :D

Reasons..Difficult to comment on all of them at once..but I tend to appreciate movies with believable and non-generic characters..And a creative story..nice visuals are important to me too..and good music.. :)

Some awesome movies there everypony! 

A few in there I definitely need to rewatch.

@Earl Grey I though the Dark Knight Rises was a pretty good movie too :)

One of my all time favorites was the Land before Time movies....dem starleaves were serious buisness! Poor littlefoot... :(.

But I also love the LotR series A LOT with Tim burton's Alice in Wonderland in close 2nd.

Well, I have asked myself this very question not too long ago and finally found an answer. : Hook

post-6541-0-06507900-1365390966_thumb.jpeg

I really can't describe the feeling I get when I watch this movie. It's magical, pure and simple. No other movie has ever pulled me into its world as much as this one.

And no matter how many times I watch it, I always want to see it again!

It is directed by Steven Spielberg. Starring Robin Williams as Peter Pan and Dustan Hoffman as Captain James Hook.

In my book, it is without a doubt the greatest film that I have ever seen.

I think I mentioned it earlier but here we go again.

All Star Wars movies

Legend

The Nightmare Before Christmas

The Corpse Bride

The Dark Crytsal

The Last Unicorn

The Big Lebowski

Big

The Labyrinth

Gone With the Wind

Rang-e khoda

Osama

Farewell My Concubine

The Last Emperor

Persepolis

Bacheha-Ye aseman 

The Syrian Bride

La vita e bella

• 1 year later...

The Shawshank Redemption, Training Day, Apocalypse Now, American Gangster.. the list goes on.

(edited)

- 2001: A Space Odyssey

- Star Wars

- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

- Metropolis (1927)

- The Godfather

- The Godfather Part II

- The Dark Knight

- Superman

- Raiders of the Lost Ark

- The Terminator

- The Shawshank Redemption

- The Blues Brothers

Edited by GrauWitz

Spirited Away was for sure my favorite from my childhood, and then there's Frozen I've seen definately more than 5 times (tbh I'm tired of it now). There's also Intouchables and Catching Fire, which I was especially fond of. xD